*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Comments

• cedhun wrote:
    Im currently sitting on a 5/5/3 Hood! Is that the best way to level him with covers?

I can't tell what the damage scaling is on his yellow, and his black seems to scale off levels alone and not both level and # of covers.

Can anyone clarify how he scales damage wise and what's his best build?!

Yes it is.

His yellow is pretty bad unless leveled up to 5.

His blue is widely considered to be his best skill so you did well in going to 5.

His black is widely considered to be his worst, so you're doing fine icon_e_smile.gif

His yellow damage is pretty OK at high levels and can take out strike tiles/attack tiles. One of the best things to do with him is sit him quietly in the back and steal all your opponent's AP though.
  • Even though it doesn't state it, his black does more damage with more covers, like with Mags' purple.

5/5/3 or 3/5/5 I think are both viable. 5/5/3, you get 3 useful skills, 3/5/5, yellow becomes worthless but yellow is used more by other characters than black so you can rely on the team dynamic.

I'm not sure if the damage listed on the max stats thread is his black @ 3 or @ 5. I'm assuming it's @ lvl3 because that's the most common build.
  • cedhun wrote:
    Yeah I double checked that, there was over 9 tiles of a specific color and sill blue ability was not collecting AP.

At rank 3, more than 10.
  • Did you double check that the opponent had AP of that color? It might trigger but have nothing to take.
  • In the aftermath of this rag nerf, I looked at my 3*s and thought about how to construct a team that synergizes as well as Rag / BWG. Failing that, I looked for a team that synergizes at all. Failing that, I looked for a team that just doesn't screw each other over. It's really hard.

Punisher screws over doom, doom screws over spiderman, spiderman screws over ironman, ironman has one skill that converts a huge amount of one color into a rainbow which immediately helps nobody except magneto who will be nerfed next, magneto screws over widow, widow can't do anything by herself so now you need to pair her with hulk for his passive, hulk's passive becomes less good the higher level he is so ideally you keep him at 2* levels which screw over his other 2 skills. The only 3* that does anything positive without screwing over somebody else is The Hood. And I guess loki, if you don't have BWG.

So in conclusion new team = The Hood, Loki, and Level 70 Hulk.
  • You know I was looking at my 3* roster and I came to the same conclusion. I've always liked the hood except his awful hit points.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    The truth behind this mad me laugh........then cry.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    You know I was looking at my 3* roster and I came to the same conclusion. I've always liked the hood except his awful hit points.

...who now doesn't have to worry about getting bursted down by Rag! This patch was actually a Hood buff, why is everyone complaining about a nerf?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    You know I was looking at my 3* roster and I came to the same conclusion. I've always liked the hood except his awful hit points.

...who now doesn't have to worry about getting bursted down by Rag! This patch was actually a Hood buff, why is everyone complaining about a nerf?

You should work for Demiurge's PR team icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • 5/5/3 lvl 17 hood, my body is ready.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Hey, someone has to do it since no one from demiurge is...
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Hey, someone has to do it since no one from demiurge is...

It wouldn't even be that hard to spin something positive sounding... For example:
    fake pr wrote:
    Dear valued Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign community,

We here at D3 only wish to bring you, the players, the best possible gaming experience. In order to do so, we have to take serious action and make necessary changes to certain characters when they become a detriment to game play. We realize that the recent changes to Ragnarok are painful; however we do believe that the changes are good for the future of Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign.

We know that there are many players who will be disappointed because of how much they have invested in Ragnarok. But, he simply fulfilled too many roles at one time by having high health, high damage values, and no drawbacks. The changes will bring him more in line with how we want the game to play. So to our players, we ask that they please take this opportunity to explore other options when forming teams from their roster. This is a perfect time to give a second chance to some of the characters that might have been previously overlooked. As always we value your feedback and will closely monitor the situation.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    That was actually pretty good for fake pr.
  • Wouldn't be surprised if ElectroBlast copied and pasted it to the announcement XD
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the aftermath of this rag nerf, I looked at my 3*s and thought about how to construct a team that synergizes as well as Rag / BWG. Failing that, I looked for a team that synergizes at all. Failing that, I looked for a team that just doesn't screw each other over. It's really hard.

Punisher screws over doom, doom screws over spiderman, spiderman screws over ironman, ironman has one skill that converts a huge amount of one color into a rainbow which immediately helps nobody except magneto who will be nerfed next, magneto screws over widow, widow can't do anything by herself so now you need to pair her with hulk for his passive, hulk's passive becomes less good the higher level he is so ideally you keep him at 2* levels which screw over his other 2 skills. The only 3* that does anything positive without screwing over somebody else is The Hood. And I guess loki, if you don't have BWG.

But hang on, didn't rag screw over BWG's pistol attack and her sniper rifle?
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    In the aftermath of this rag nerf, I looked at my 3*s and thought about how to construct a team that synergizes as well as Rag / BWG. Failing that, I looked for a team that synergizes at all. Failing that, I looked for a team that just doesn't screw each other over. It's really hard.

How so? Rags and BWG had amazing synergy.
  • Eddiemon
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Well your philosophy above is anyone who shares a colour screws the other. Punisher who lays down non red Attack tiles screws over dooms red strike tiles presumably because they both use black? Rags and BWG shared 2 colours so had it worse by that logic and so on.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Well your philosophy above is anyone who shares a colour screws the other. Punisher who lays down non red Attack tiles screws over dooms red strike tiles presumably because they both use black? Rags and BWG shared 2 colours so had it worse by that logic and so on.

BWG's damage doesn't come from red or green. Go look carefully. Her palette is blue/purple/black even though she has red/green skills.

Also it was not my point, but GameloftNYC's.
  • Eddiemon
    DumDumDugn wrote:

BWG's damage doesn't come from red or green. Go look carefully. Her palette is blue/purple/black even though she has red/green skills.

Yeah my bad sorry, I was following the train of thought and not the posters.

And I think the original poster was looking at skill colour use rather than palette.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Yeah my bad sorry, I was following the train of thought and not the posters.

And I think the original poster was looking at skill colour use rather than palette.

If thats his thinking then GSW and rag complement each other even better. Rags red generates green, but his green stinks. GSW's green is amazing, but has high cost. You probably never encountered it, but GSW + Rags was THE top tier meta for shooting up the ranks quickly.