*** Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) ***

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, I thought you meant the placing of SG's tiles. Yes, it goes without saying that you want to hide LCap's tiles when possible, but if you're overwriting a countdown, you have fewer options. And either way, I just found myself less than comfortable trying to protect LCaps's tiles with the random aspect of SGs green. Against non-goons it's less of an issue, but against high level goons, I don't want to cede any control over what the board's doing.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    I might just hold her yellow power in reserve; waiting for the inevitable turn where the only match available on the board is for a color I don't need.. and I can clearly see that making this move leaves behind a much better match for the AI (or would possibly result in a board reset being offered to the AI). I will throw down the yellow power to 'pass' on my turn.. let the AI take the crummy match, and then take the good match that it leaves behind.

Ah, a move to avoid "zugzwang". That's a use for it. Too bad the AI will never use it correctly.
  • Is anyone really impressed by her green?

Her purple does a surprising amount of damage when scaled, and it makes me wonder about pairing her with Patch. Her yellow gives you some huge **** protect tiles. Green gives you a few random ap, maybe one cascade, and hits the opponent for less than hawkeye's passive when it ends. I've no idea why people decided to compare it to WR.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Is anyone really impressed by her green?

Her purple does a surprising amount of damage when scaled, and it makes me wonder about pairing her with Patch. Her yellow gives you some huge **** protect tiles. Green gives you a few random ap, maybe one cascade, and hits the opponent for less than hawkeye's passive when it ends. I've no idea why people decided to compare it to WR.

Her green is fun if you can spam it with strike tiles. Black Panther & CMags are a nice rainbow team to try BattlePlan/Furry Friends combo and fuel the other relatively cheap skills from the random AP.

I really really wish this was how Mohawk Storm's green had worked for collecting AP.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    dearbluey wrote:
    January 21 is Squirrel Appreciation Day.

Now you know why she was bumped ahead of Gambit.

yuhCAw4.jpg?1
    poor IW, she can't even make this roster
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    evil panda wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    January 21 is Squirrel Appreciation Day.

Now you know why she was bumped ahead of Gambit.

yuhCAw4.jpg?1
    poor IW, she can't even make this roster

ROFL. nice.
  • Yup, Squirrel Girl has replaced Bag Lady on the Wall of Shame...
  • Red Panda wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Her green is fun if you can spam it with strike tiles. Black Panther & CMags are a nice rainbow team to try BattlePlan/Furry Friends combo and fuel the other relatively cheap skills from the random AP.

I really really wish this was how Mohawk Storm's green had worked for collecting AP.

Considering how she needs a buff, I could see this happening: her Green produces a "thunder cloud tile" that breaks tiles around it generating ap or some sh*t
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    ark123 wrote:
    Keep in mind that the loaner is 5/5/3 so you're not seeing the full power of her green. The extra CD tile will increase AP generation, damage and cascade potential by 33%. I'm not sure what it will due to the damage when the CD tile resolve but it's a 53% increase from 3 covers to 4. Even if 4 covers to 5 only gives the additional CD tile with no extra damage it still looks like it's worth maxing.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Lidolas wrote:
    Square wrote:
    I've never read a comic with Ragnorok in it, but I'd heard of him, in the list of terrible ideas Marvel has published. I've still never seen Yelena Belanova in a comic. I saw The Hood once or twice reading a few issues of Dark Avengers or Dark X-Men.

Anyone who hasn't heard of Luke Cage... well, they're definitely casual readers, if they've ever read at all. I don't think he's ever been on TV. The current Spider-Man has Power Man, and it might be Luke Cage, I'm not sure. Maybe he was in Ultimate Alliance? But Luke Cage has been a big B-character for four decades, and has been a bit of an A-character for about 15 years.

Sentry was very prominent in Dark Avengers, so I've read some, but I missed most of his major story lines.

It is Luke Cage in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon. He was also in an episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. He's playable in Marvel: Avengers Alliance and Marvel: Heroes. He's a great character.
    Thanks! I know it's Power Man, but in comics, there is a new Power Man, so I didn't know if it was the original or the new one, like the Nova, which is the new one.

That said, there should be a Nova in this game!

Power Man and Iron Fist wasn't a comic I read as a kid, but there's something really cool about them now looking back.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I'm happy yellow is a defensive (relatively irrelevant) skill, makes it easy for one to choose the best spec (3/5/5). Not happy about green covers not being doubled up. Her yellow is very decent against match damage even at 1 cover with the buff, so definitely not meriting all five covers. More is less with protect tiles.
  • If you've read the Civil War arc, you should have seen Ragnarok and Luke Cage.

If you've read the Dark Avengers story arc (which the game is largely based upon) then you definitely should have seen Yelena, Sentry, Moonstone, Daken, etc.

Yelena has also been featured as a love interest for Deadpool in a small arc in his books.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I'm all for the strange and unusual characters. Next stop, Impossible Man!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    earthbean wrote:
    I am sorry. The Squirrel Girl is so ugly I am giving my up. She just doesn't fit in with the rest of the fellas.
    i feel exactly the same, instead of the art showing a fun character i.e. loki or dino, she looks like a creepy witch, must be her eyes.

It's the mouth.
    I was in a round with her and Patch was in front, her in the middle...and she actually looked kinda cute. The mouth was covered up and she looked more cartoonishly fun. Kinda cute and cheeky.
    Then you see her full face and that mouth is just overly sized.

Thing is, the artist (from what I can tell) seems more comfortable with realistic styles. Drawing a cartoon realistically activates the uncanny valley sensor in your brain. So she needed to be either drawn as a real person, or drawn as a cartoon. The half-and-half is what makes her creepy.

That and her GIGANTIC SCARY MOUTH.
  • vudu3
    turul wrote:
      The Bigger They Are 9 yellowtile.png
      The unbeatable Squirrel Girl rolls up her sleeves and faces off against an opponent twice her size. Creates 3 Yellow Protect tiles with 22 strength, or strength 33 if the target enemy has 80% or more health. Ends the turn.

Level 2: 3 Protect tiles, strength 28 / 39 (ends turn) Level 3: ?? Level 4: ?? Level 5: 4 protect tiles, strength: 28 / 61 (ends turn)
      Max Level: lvl3=88/139, lvl4=88/173
        Nuts From Above 9 purpletile.png
        Squirrel Girl leaps onto her unsuspecting enemies from the trees in an unrelenting assault of tail and claws. Deals 329 damage to the enemy plus 55 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack, or Strike tile on the board (up to 8 tiles).

Level 2: 433 base dmg Level 3: ?? Level 4: ?? Level 5: ??
        Max Level: 2416 + 539 per enemy enemystrike.pngeattack.pngenemyprotect.png tile, up to 8

I can help by filling in some of the missing values for a level 40 character.
          The unbeatable Squirrel Girl rolls up her sleeves and faces off against an opponent twice her size. Creates 3 Yellow Protect tiles with 22 strength, or strength 33 if the target enemy has 80% or more health. Ends the turn.

Level 2: 3 Protect tiles, strength 28 / 39 (ends turn) Level 3: 3 Protect tiles, strength 28 / 44 (ends turn) Level 4: 3 Protect tiles, strength 28 / 55 (ends turn) Level 5: 4 protect tiles, strength: 28 / 61 (ends turn)
            Squirrel Girl leaps onto her unsuspecting enemies from the trees in an unrelenting assault of tail and claws. Deals 329 damage to the enemy plus 55 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack, or Strike tile on the board (up to 8 tiles).

Level 2: 433 base damage, plus 55 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack or Strike tile Level 3: 433 base damage, plus 83 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack or Strike tile Level 4: 653 base damage, plus 83 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack or Strike tile Level 5: ??
            Max Level: 2416 + 539 per enemy enemystrike.pngeattack.pngenemyprotect.png tile, up to 8
          • The ability to skip your turn without changing the board is suprisingly useful, provided you're really sure there isn't a good move left on the board.
          • john1620b
            john1620b Posts: 367
            vudu3 wrote:

Level 2: 3 Protect tiles, strength 28 / 39 (ends turn) Level 3: 3 Protect tiles, strength 28 / 44 (ends turn) Level 4: 3 Protect tiles, strength 28 / 55 (ends turn) Level 5: 4 protect tiles, strength: 28 / 61 (ends turn)

Level 2: 433 base damage, plus 55 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack or Strike tile Level 3: 433 base damage, plus 83 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack or Strike tile Level 4: 653 base damage, plus 83 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack or Strike tile Level 5: ??
                Thanks, I've been waiting for that. So as expected, her yellow does around 192 per protect tile at max level with 5 covers.

For those on-board with a 5-yellow build, I just don't see it. If the enemy has greater than 80% health, it gets you 768 - 417 = just 351 more in protect tiles. That's not worth it in my estimation, for a couple of reasons:

1. It doesn't give much more protection against match-damage, even if some of the tiles get matched away.
                2. It will take a bit more off ability damage, but enough for it to really matter.
                3. It only gives one extra protect tile, so they're still fairly easily matched away.
                4. If the enemy is less than 80% health, it's exactly the same as the 3-cover version. So you gain nothing.

Given the damage increase on purple and green, it seems pretty clear to me that 3/5/5 is her best build.
              • john1620b wrote:
                vudu3 wrote:

Thanks, I've been waiting for that. So as expected, her yellow does around 192 per protect tile at max level with 5 covers.

For those on-board with a 5-yellow build, I just don't see it. If the enemy has greater than 80% health, it gets you 768 - 417 = just 351 more in protect tiles. That's not worth it in my estimation, for a couple of reasons:

1. It doesn't give much more protection against match-damage, even if some of the tiles get matched away.
                    2. It will take a bit more off ability damage, but enough for it to really matter.
                    3. It only gives one extra protect tile, so they're still fairly easily matched away.
                    4. If the enemy is less than 80% health, it's exactly the same as the 3-cover version. So you gain nothing.

Given the damage increase on purple and green, it seems pretty clear to me that 3/5/5 is her best build.
                    Same reason I'm behind a 535 Grocket. Does 5 yellow matter that much? No, but it could. Does that 351 extra armor matter? (351 being about 100 more than you get with 5 red on cage) not likely. But when it does, it's great.

Does 5 in green matter? Well that depends, am I ever going to use her green? Who am I pairing her with? Well mainly patch. And I'm using her for the purple after he uses his green. So that's out. Who else? Blade? Well blade already produced giant amounts of damage from strike tiles with purple, so no. Grocket? that's pretty borderline.

I guess I'm just not into a **** Unstoppable Crash into a **** world rupture, even if 3 to 5 upgrades it from "unusable" to "pretty ****".
                  • vudu3
                    john1620b wrote:
                    While I don't disagree with this, I'll play Devil's Advocate and say that the benefit in 5 yellow is that even if two or even three of the protect tiles are matched away in a turn or two the last one remaining will continue to stop match damage until it's cleared. The benefit of stronger tiles isn't necessary to prevent ability damage because we all know that it's not going to put a dent in that--but it will force your opponent to get rid of every protect tile if they want to hurt you with match damage.

Also of note, I cannot confirm if the values for level 5 of The Bigger They Are are correct. I believe the OP got them from the reveal article at Marvel.com. I currently have 3 yellow covers and will get my fourth after the current PVP ends so I'll be able to confirm in the morning.
                  • The only ability that definitely beats Furry Friends on green is X Force. However, Furry Friends seems to be a bit too good at cascading so that it ends up destroying itself a lot of the time before the CD is over. In this sense its usage is more like Lightning Strike than a damage dealing move.