So...the new top tier with Rags nerf?

Spidey and Mags are obviously extremely important now. What about the 3rd?

Candidates:

Punisher
Hood
Hulk
2* Wolverine

Comments

• Probably Thor. Looks like Magneto builds might become more interesting, before there was no reason to use his red.
  • grimeon wrote:
    Probably Thor. Looks like Magneto builds might become more interesting, before there was no reason to use his red.

The problem with Thor is that he takes away blues and purples that fuel spidey/mags
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    I think it's going to be Hulk.
  • I wish more than ever now that 2* widow was the 3* instead.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Nemek wrote:
    I think it's going to be Hulk.

Seconded - Hulk's passive keeps Grey Widow on top, so I'd assume he just slides into Ragnorak's space unless people would give her up too.
  • Then people would run a Widow/Hulk/Spidey team?

I dunno, I still like mags burst damage more. Hulk's passive doesn't trigger nearly that much because his base HP is so high.
  • Shhhhhh...do they need a list of characters to ruin? Lol...
  • Shhhhhh...do they need a list of characters to ruin? Lol...

This.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Then people would run a Widow/Hulk/Spidey team?

I dunno, I still like mags burst damage more. Hulk's passive doesn't trigger nearly that much because his base HP is so high.

Eh, when I'm super serious about winning matches quickly, I take out Spidey anyway. So Widow/Hulk/Mags is probably more likely to me. If only two of those characters weren't at level 15 for me...
  • Hulk by a long shot IMO.
  • Hulk really doesn't speed up winning battles whatsoever he just makes people not want to attack you

If shields weren't available Hulk would definitely be top 3...
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Hulk really doesn't speed up winning battles whatsoever he just makes people not want to attack you
    ..unless it is shield training icon_e_wink.gif
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Hulk really doesn't speed up winning battles whatsoever he just makes people not want to attack you

If shields weren't available Hulk would definitely be top 3...

Yes, his high health will realistically be the most annoying thing about him at 141.

If you guys are specifically looking at Hulk's black to be the deciding factor, then by definition, he's going to slow your games down.

Hulk needs to be hit and take damage in order for his black to even go off. That means you need to have him in front and be as high a level or higher than the rest of your team.

If you have a high level Hulk, 5% of ~9000 is 450, so if you don't take 450 this round, you're going to have to wait for the enemy to take another turn or two to get to this damage level.

Long-term it may be a reason to keep Hulk off of tanking/farming teams that you're specifically using to beat on lowbies for ISO since they won't be able to damage you enough to fire off his black.
  • I am so glad I spent money to get my first rags cover. And I am glad I spent money to get his red to 5. And I am glad I spent money on iso to level him up. Because he was a fun character that made the game move quickly.

This is serious bull ****.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Seems like there's a trend towards slowing the game down in general. If that's the case, then the value of Hulk increases regardless of whether his black passive gets triggered or not. Tank characters in general (including IM40/Thor) will be more likely to scare off attackers at the ends of tourneys due to high HP. Don't agree with the degree of the Rag nerf, but he will still be valuable for tank purposes as well.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this makes a bigger case for IM40 being included as a red/green battery on teams.
  • I am so glad I spent money to get my first rags cover. And I am glad I spent money to get his red to 5. And I am glad I spent money on iso to level him up. Because he was a fun character that made the game move quickly.

This is serious bull tinykitty.

Well that's exactly why I don't spend money anymore. when they nerfed storm I had spent money to buy iso to max her out like 3 hours prior. They need to be careful with the nerfs or people are going to stop paying for stuff when they just know it'll be nerfed.
  • Anybody think we'll see less 2* Wolv with this since him and Rags were BFFs?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    The speed of the game was one of things I enjoyed, bouncing from match to match somewhat offset the monotony of Thor/Rag attacks by forcing me to ID which opp to hit.

GSBW will be big, in large part because people have already maxed her. Definitely looks like C.Mag will be the goal....til he gets nerfed. This is also dependent on people still playing the game. With things slowed down there will be less of a rush which could lead to people leaving (probably me included).
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Anybody think we'll see less 2* Wolv with this since him and Rags were BFFs?

Nah. Teams with high level Rags barely needed wolverine. Teams without Rags often used wolverine for the strength boost. Expect to see just as much of him as before.
  • Seems like there's a trend towards slowing the game down in general. If that's the case, then the value of Hulk increases regardless of whether his black passive gets triggered or not. Tank characters in general (including IM40/Thor) will be more likely to scare off attackers at the ends of tourneys due to high HP. Don't agree with the degree of the Rag nerf, but he will still be valuable for tank purposes as well.

Thanks for the points in Shield training by the way... I made it to 3000 today!