So...the new top tier with Rags nerf?

Options

Comments

• Blackflag wrote:
    I am so glad I spent money to get my first rags cover. And I am glad I spent money to get his red to 5. And I am glad I spent money on iso to level him up. Because he was a fun character that made the game move quickly.

This is serious bull tinykitty.

Well that's exactly why I don't spend money anymore. when they nerfed storm I had spent money to buy iso to max her out like 3 hours prior. They need to be careful with the nerfs or people are going to stop paying for stuff when they just know it'll be nerfed.
    But that's okay, because if they nerf a character, then all you have to do is respec and-- Oh, wait...
  • The new 3-star Wolvie obviously.

(No, not really)
  • Blackflag wrote:
    I am so glad I spent money to get my first rags cover. And I am glad I spent money to get his red to 5. And I am glad I spent money on iso to level him up. Because he was a fun character that made the game move quickly.

This is serious bull tinykitty.

Well that's exactly why I don't spend money anymore. when they nerfed storm I had spent money to buy iso to max her out like 3 hours prior. They need to be careful with the nerfs or people are going to stop paying for stuff when they just know it'll be nerfed.

Barring C. Storm, From my personal way of building a team or character, I look at how the community views how a character should be built. This is usually a very good indication to the devs that certain builds are too popular (read: too powerful) and needs to be changed. Therefore, building it a different way (if possible) saves you from the inevitable hurt/nerf that will happen. I have not bothered leveling a spidey, or c mags, or thor because of the over usage of these characters. My Wolvie doesn't follow the same 5 green build, and still does just as good.

The point being is that because of min maxing per the style of this game, the devs are being shown what they did wrong, and are now trying to rectify the situation, as they should. Thinking otherwise while building ends with this happening, and you get players who feel **** because they didn't think that a nerf WOULD happen.

Just follow your play style and line of thinking, not what is best or FOTM. You end up having more fun in the long run.
  • Seems like there's a trend towards slowing the game down in general. If that's the case, then the value of Hulk increases regardless of whether his black passive gets triggered or not. Tank characters in general (including IM40/Thor) will be more likely to scare off attackers at the ends of tourneys due to high HP. Don't agree with the degree of the Rag nerf, but he will still be valuable for tank purposes as well.

Thanks for the points in Shield training by the way... I made it to 3000 today!

My pleasure - put in a tank team to try and help others over the top. With the 500HP prog rewards being dropped to 100, I doubt many will be shooting for 3000 anymore.
  • Seems like there's a trend towards slowing the game down in general. If that's the case, then the value of Hulk increases regardless of whether his black passive gets triggered or not. Tank characters in general (including IM40/Thor) will be more likely to scare off attackers at the ends of tourneys due to high HP. Don't agree with the degree of the Rag nerf, but he will still be valuable for tank purposes as well.

My pleasure - put in a tank team to try and help others over the top. With the 500HP prog rewards being dropped to 100, I doubt many will be shooting for 3000 anymore.

I put in my Bag-Man, Hawkeye, Bullseye team as soon as I made it to 3000. Did you get the 500 HP rewards? Sadly, I missed them.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    its still top tier imo

BWG, IM40, RAG

get yellow, charge up with iron man, get red in the 2 turns it takes to charge, then shoot them with widow. the difference is the 3-4 turns extra that it takes ironman to charge.

edit:

nm after playtesting its too slow. even when my IM40's yellow is at 3 and gives green ... the lack of cascades doesnt get 19 green fast enough.
  • its still top tier imo

BWG, IM40, RAG

get yellow, charge up with iron man, get red in the 2 turns it takes to charge, then shoot them with widow. the difference is the 3-4 turns extra that it takes ironman to charge.

before: going in with a +3r/y, match 1 red, turn 2 sniper

after: going in with 3r/y, match 3 yellows, activate recharge, wait another 2 turns, turn 7? sniper. Assuming your recharges don't get interrupted. Even with the 9+3 = 12 red, you're still unlikely to generate the requisite 19 green (you'll only have 6 before due to recharge, and 2 claps only generate 8 green max).

Come on now that doesn't sound very top tier.

Yeah, No Kidding. Thanks a ton. I walkedalloveryourpath to get near 3k. Hit it, then put in Team BagMan and they've been taking one hell of a beating since.
  • Kev42 wrote:
    Seems like there's a trend towards slowing the game down in general. If that's the case, then the value of Hulk increases regardless of whether his black passive gets triggered or not. Tank characters in general (including IM40/Thor) will be more likely to scare off attackers at the ends of tourneys due to high HP. Don't agree with the degree of the Rag nerf, but he will still be valuable for tank purposes as well.

Yeah, No Kidding. Thanks a ton. I walkedalloveryourpath to get near 3k. Hit it, then put in Team BagMan and they've been taking one hell of a beating since.

And thank you for your bagman team. I was praising your name when I saw your fail team. I would not have finished today without your (and others) help.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    its still top tier imo

BWG, IM40, RAG

after: going in with 3r/y, match 3 yellows, activate recharge, wait another 2 turns, turn 7? sniper. Assuming your recharges don't get interrupted. Even with the 9+3 = 12 red, you're still unlikely to generate the requisite 19 green (you'll only have 6 before due to recharge, and 2 claps only generate 8 green max).

no you're right. i'm trying it now. its too slow. the 4 tiles of green is not very dependable, and IM40's green generation is pretty ****.
  • Misguided wrote:
    I wish more than ever now that 2* widow was the 3* instead.
    OBW will be in line for the bat soon enough. She seemed like she was introduced mostly to be a 2* Spiderman, which is how I was using her - started late and don't have a usable **Storm, which was probably relevant. But after No Man's Land and Widowmaker the universal standard Thoverine + whatever rapidly became Thoverdow. Her interaction with Strike tiles, at least, is probably due for review. And if they're looking to slow the game down in general, there'll be little Espionage + Aggressive Recon can't shut down in more matches than not.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    its still top tier imo

BWG, IM40, RAG

This actually HAD to change, and is probably the main reason for the nerf. Rag + Widow was bad for the game. Turn 2 sniper meant the end of most teams. That means no matter what characters or abilities were released, it just wouldn't matter if they never trigger on defense.
    The dev team has decided that rounds should last more than 2 turns, and that's an appropriate decision.
  • Nemek wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    its still top tier imo

BWG, IM40, RAG

This actually HAD to change, and is probably the main reason for the nerf. Rag + Widow was bad for the game. Turn 2 sniper meant the end of most teams. That means no matter what characters or abilities were released, it just wouldn't matter if they never trigger on defense.
    The dev team has decided that rounds should last more than 2 turns, and that's an appropriate decision.

I agree with a nerf. I wanted 3AP, would accept 4. Both of these would significantly increase the time it took to generate 19 AP for Widow. 6 AP is hilarious though.
  • i dont even know if there is a new top tier. every game takes a lot longer now. maybe if i had a max magneto, but there's no way that's not getting nerfed.

if punisher wasnt so bad i'd try punisher doom spidey/ironman for a tile team, but punisher's black is way worse than doom's black, and punishers green screws over himself and doom.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    its still top tier imo

BWG, IM40, RAG

I agree with a nerf. I wanted 3AP, would accept 4. Both of these would significantly increase the time it took to generate 19 AP for Widow. 6 AP is hilarious though.
    6 AP AND less damage than thor. At a higher level
  • It was never about the damage. I was willing to accept 2 or 3 AP and it does zero damage.
  • Honestly. OBW moves up and so does Hulk move up. One thing,it seems from my perspective is defense improves. It will entail more strategy. I am mad at the nerf but only because I have rethink and go back to leveling. That's what upset me most is the time I wasted building a decent combo.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skyedyne wrote:
    The point being is that because of min maxing per the style of this game, the devs are being shown what they did wrong, and are now trying to rectify the situation, as they should. Thinking otherwise while building ends with this happening, and you get players who feel **** because they didn't think that a nerf WOULD happen.

Just follow your play style and line of thinking, not what is best or FOTM. You end up having more fun in the long run.

I appreciate your philosophy but I take the opposite view. I am happy to play optimal / FOTM specifically because I know it will be modified and that keeps the game diverse and interesting to me.

These kinds of games would be less appealing without the min max elements and optimal teams, because it would then just come down to tile matching. But as you said, if you get too attached to one card or team then you will be disappointed eventually.
  • Destro wrote:
    Honestly. OBW moves up and so does Hulk move up. One thing,it seems from my perspective is defense improves. It will entail more strategy. I am mad at the nerf but only because I have rethink and go back to leveling. That's what upset me most is the time I wasted building a decent combo.
    The problem with rethinking and going back to leveling is the next character(s) you choose might get nerfed. Such is the state of the game now. And really, occasional rebalancing and tweaking is necessary and good. But to be successful and to be fair to the playerbase, the game needs to offer a) Refund Policy and b) Respec Option. Otherwise, people that have spent $ and got burned will not do so again,
  • I was looking through my other 3* characters last night, and the best I can field now is 100 Magneto 5/3/5, 141 Spiderman 4/5/4 and 100 Punisher 5/5/3, it won't be as quick as my Rag/Spidey/Widow team but it maintains a pretty good spectrum on colours and should be fun to play. I will also try Hulk instead of Punisher soon but waiting for more covers on him first.