Anniversary-style lightning rounds return!

Options
13»

Comments

• Latest lr caught me by surprise with 10 min left while I was doing my normal pve clear. Rushed several matches to get a heroic token and got my first star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png, well worth the morning panic icon_lol.gif
  • Are we getting sharded in these things now? This past one, I recognized half the names in the top ten (including Colognieusseur), and the one I did before that (which was yesterday) was the same way. This is statistically improbable, to say the least, and in any case in completely undermines what's nice about the 20 person brackets.

In any case, the every ten hour pace means I may have done my last one. I've got to work the next three days.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Are we getting sharded in these things now? This past one, I recognized half the names in the top ten (including Colognieusseur), and the one I did before that (which was yesterday) was the same way. This is statistically improbable, to say the least, and in any case in completely undermines what's nice about the 20 person brackets.

In any case, the every ten hour pace means I may have done my last one. I've got to work the next three days.
    I know I kept having gfc badger in my brackets despite varying my entry times
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure about that Ben, but the one yesterday afternoon (Eastern time) seemed to run longer than normal. It started on time but still had <10 minutes left on my client around the time that it should have been wrapping. (I had something else time-dependent at the same time so I couldn't check if it was an error on my side or not)
  • the times are too random and it doesnt say how much time is left so i can't snipe tokens icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    Someone check my math. Every 10 hours for a week is 168 hours, so like 17 lrs. Compared to 12 a day with normal Lr schedules, times 3 missing days... Equals a metric room of lost Iso?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Someone check my math. Every 10 hours for a week is 168 hours, so like 17 lrs. Compared to 12 a day with normal Lr schedules, times 3 missing days... Equals a metric room of lost Iso?

Tons. I'm also just about to start pushing 28 people from 160 to 166; I need that ISO.

I think they missed part of what people liked so much about these the first time.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Placed first this morning, and sure, now I finally wrangle a Daredevil cover. Thanks, game!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,506 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aaaand the villian rotation LRs just started. Hrm, the next Electra LR is scheduled to start 6pm this evening - I forsee three possibilities:

- it derails the normal LRs like last week and we only get 3 normal LRs this week

- it replaces that LR then the normal ones run

- It runs concurrent with the normal LR and the normal LRs continue.

I'm hoping that last week was a bug and the second or third option will happen, but it is entirely possible that they intended the Electra LRs to replace the normal ones and that the bug was the normal ones starting now.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, which lightning rounds are small brackets (20 man groups) and which ones are the larger brackets? I was playing an Elektra one earlier where I was top 10, now i'm playing doc oc and I'm 4000+... is it only the Elektra ones that are 20 man brackets?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    So, which lightning rounds are small brackets (20 man groups) and which ones are the larger brackets? I was playing an Elektra one earlier where I was top 10, now i'm playing doc oc and I'm 4000+... is it only the Elektra ones that are 20 man brackets?
    Yeah, only the Elektra rounds have the smaller brackets.

The regular ones continue to be the "place t25-50 because 2 heroics are better than 1 **** LR token" deal.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    Yeah, only the Elektra rounds have the smaller brackets.

The regular ones continue to be the "place t25-50 because 2 heroics are better than 1 **** LR token" deal.
    But then again, the odds are so bad, so cats about tokens anyway
  • thanos8587
    Options
    these were actually good farm. finished with SIX first places (much to my surprise, thank goodness for weak brackets) and netted four rares from 18 tokens, so not bad at all factoring in the iso and hp. it makes me see that im not missing much without elektra, especially given how long it would take to cover her anywhere near effectively.

anyone guess when they might do these again?
  • thanos8587 wrote:

Probably around each new 4 star release going forward.
  • Spoit
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    thanos8587 wrote:

Probably around each new 4 star release going forward.
    I just hope they don't pre-empt the normal LRs for it again. I double checked my numbers with the next week's LRs, and I probably had a net loss of like 10-20k ISO (compared to if they had run that extra day vs the week of these) because of that lost day with how poorly the 10 hour rotations ended up being scheduled. And the sharding seemed to be a hell of a lot harder than for the FT rounds too, though to be fair there was the holliday so I wasn't always able to join optimally