Anniversary-style lightning rounds return!

Options
CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
Elektra lightning rounds are set to begin at noon US Eastern time today, with 20-person brackets and up to three heroic tokens for a first place finish. Like the 4hor LRs from anniversary week, without the extra-awesome tokens. Get ready for a profitable bloodbath, everyone!

Comments

• This would be great if there was double iso and if it wasn't being held on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Glad they are doing something nice for us, but timing could be better for a lot of people.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's going to run until New Year's Eve, so a full week. I'm pretty jazzed even without super-drop-rate-anniversary tokens.
  • Yay just got top 2 in Elektra lightning round... Got a moonstone and cap 2* icon_e_sad.gif. Watever, lots more lightning round to go
  • I'm glad Elektra can tank for 2*Mag. Was running underleveled Dino/Fury/Elektra until I switched to MagStorm

ALSO: if you are having trouble placing high in lightning rounds try this trick: exit out of the game until the last 10~(whatever amount of minutes you need to finish 3-4 rounds) minutes of the round. Load up the CPU PVP opponents(what's flappin, Wannabskrull, etc.) and go thru them as fast as possible - the brackets are so small you'll have a good chance of placing high without being retaliated against.
  • I don't see it anymore.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Missed opening one (busy, Christmas eve and all....terrible 4* release time if I haven't mentioned [I have]...)

Where is 2nd one? Putting it in the middle of normal LR's broke the system I guess.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, remembering to queue up to get seeds is hard enough with the normal LRs. But having them at completely random 10 hour intervals? So kitty silly. For all their talk about not planing your life around cooldowns for shield hops, they're sure doign their level best to try to make you set timers for every diminutive feline other kitty thing
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No more LR? icon_e_confused.gif
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Farming LR's every chance I get between pve play. The real benefit here seems to be getting a feel for how Elektra plays.

She's no Lady Thor. I'm barely using her abilities, and then its mainly just purple when the ai side has a daken. black is used just before I make a match on the one color she's been tanking, otherwise all of the trap tiles are gone by the time she gets hit again. Not a fan of purple giving the enemy 3 strike tiles, even if weak, and nothing for your side if the ai doesn't have one. Any other power would find no tile to steal and not fire off, but 'unkillable' here must be prettier than she is smart in game, cause not so much for her. heh. Just odd.
  • The new LR said it was up until New years Eve, and fired every 10 hours. So the next one could be at 10pm EST.
  • Where did the regular lightning rounds go?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have had no lightning rounds since 12:00 EST. I had no Electra LR at all.
  • Mattfal wrote:
    Where did the regular lightning rounds go?

Elektra assassinated them?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

same here. My LR just dissappeared. And I never saw the first even though I was playing at that time. Maybe because I was actively playing the game, mine was a little slow on the up date. Oh well. I do have one now, it popped up a bit ago and said event begins in 45 minutes. So, better late than never i guess. icon_e_wink.gif
  • wymtime wrote:

same here. My LR just dissappeared. And I never saw the first even though I was playing at that time. Maybe because I was actively playing the game, mine was a little slow on the up date. Oh well. I do have one now, it popped up a bit ago and said event begins in 45 minutes. So, better late than never i guess. icon_e_wink.gif
    Yeah, no events showed up for me for 5 minutes while they implemented Elektra lightning rounds then events were back and Elektra had 1 round. Then have to wait another 10 hours...
  • This is just stupid.
  • It's back again. Maybe it's only running every few hours?

Edit: Anybody else notice that none of the rewards are lightning tokens? Seems strange.

Also, the height of entitlement is complaining about something being given special for free and not having it conform to your ideals. "They gave me $5, but it was torn a little on the edge. They're jerks!" Seriously, guys? LRs are probably going to be business as usual, this is just two days of the anniversary-style LR for the heck of it. Appreciate that it's showing up every once in a while rather than not at all.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    "They gave me $5, but it was torn a little on the edge. They're jerks!" Seriously, guys?

quite true on one hand. But it's more like "they said they will give me $5 but I need to check every hour during the day if it's ready" icon_e_biggrin.gif
    all this reminds me Bedazzled movie. It's where the Devil was fulfilling wishes of some guy. At first glance it all was nice and shiny but after all every wish anded with some bad surprise. icon_twisted.gif

According to my calculations it's indeed 10 hour interval. Tell us ahead - would be nice of them, right?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nefesh wrote:

According to my calculations it's indeed 10 hour interval. Tell us ahead - would be nice of them, right?

I can see why they are not making this a 2 hrly event. For those with a 3* roster, the small bracket makes it very easy. I got first with 380 pts and number second is less than 200 pts. That was the easiest 25 HP and 3 tokens for a long time.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    Nefesh wrote:

I can see why they are not making this a 2 hrly event. For those with a 3* roster, the small bracket makes it very easy. I got first with 380 pts and number second is less than 200 pts. That was the easiest 25 HP and 3 tokens for a long time.
    I agree that it is easier to come in first but how did hey decide every 10 hours. I think it would be more fun if it they just did 2 48 hour blitz LR. If they wanted it to be a longer event then maybe every 5 hours. Every 10 hours makes it harder to be available for them.