Anniversary-style lightning rounds return!

Options

Comments

• Should be every 4 hrs. Oh well easy peazy.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've played two rounds so far and got first place in both. Only one good draw out of those six tokens, but it was Fury, so I'm not complaining.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When does the next one start?
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like the next one starts at 6 PM EST.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Five minutes - glad this one at least has a half-hour warning. I do wish they'd have a multiple hour warning if they are going to run them far apart from each other.

Also wish if they are only doing one every ten hours they wouldn't interrupt regular lightning rounds. I look forward to the ISO every other hour from them, this means more days but also more difficult to hit all the events - and some of the few in the middle of the night.
  • Completely forgot about it, logged on incidentally, and saw there were ten minutes left. Frantically fought six matches to get up to 143 points, with less than a minute to spare, still in #1, check leaderboards, I'm one point ahead of noobulator at 142. Figure there isn't enough time for another match, but it held, luckily.

And 3 tokens got me 750 ISO. But I was briefly excited.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Completely forgot about it, logged on incidentally, and saw there were ten minutes left. Frantically fought six matches to get up to 143 points, with less than a minute to spare, still in #1, check leaderboards, I'm one point ahead of noobulator at 142. Figure there isn't enough time for another match, but it held, luckily.

10 mins for 1000 iso + 750 iso and 25 hp. Worth it man icon_e_smile.gif
  • atomzed wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Completely forgot about it, logged on incidentally, and saw there were ten minutes left. Frantically fought six matches to get up to 143 points, with less than a minute to spare, still in #1, check leaderboards, I'm one point ahead of noobulator at 142. Figure there isn't enough time for another match, but it held, luckily.

Definitely. And there was probably another 500-1000 ISO from matches and progression awards. There's that gambler fix thing where the next token has just got to have that cover you need. Considering I pulled a red Elektra this morning from an event token, and needed Rocket & Groot and Gamora covers a few days ago, I'm actually having a luckier-than-usual week.
  • GrayOne
    Options
    Given that each Lightning Round happens every ten hours until New Year's, here's a handy dandy chart for the start times of the rest of the Lightning Rounds until New Year's:

Note: All times in Eastern Standard Time:

Friday 26-Dec 4:00 AM
    Friday 26-Dec 2:00 PM
    Saturday 27-Dec 12:00 AM
    Saturday 27-Dec 10:00 AM
    Saturday 27-Dec 8:00 PM
    Sunday 28-Dec 6:00 AM
    Sunday 28-Dec 4:00 PM
    Monday 29-Dec 2:00 AM
    Monday 29-Dec 12:00 PM
    Monday 29-Dec 10:00 PM
    Tuesday 30-Dec 8:00 AM
    Tuesday 30-Dec 6:00 PM
    Wednesday 31-Dec 4:00 AM
    Wednesday 31-Dec 2:00 PM
    Thursday 1-Jan 12:00 AM (I assume that this one won't happen, but you never know...)
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Definitely. And there was probably another 500-1000 ISO from matches and progression awards. There's that gambler fix thing where the next token has just got to have that cover you need. Considering I pulled a red Elektra this morning from an event token, and needed Rocket & Groot and Gamora covers a few days ago, I'm actually having a luckier-than-usual week.

Those are lucky pulls. My past few pulls have been covers for characters that I have maxed out on. Even the 4* cover I got today was for Xforce which I have max out.
  • I've gotten 2 1st place and 1 2nd. All a bunch of iso
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,506 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh. If it supercedes the regular LRs this really isn't much of a "gift." There are 24 LRs normally in one LR set - this came about halfway through the first set so we're talking 36. Instead they're giving us 15 special LRs.

Sure, its neat to put Electra through the paces, but I'd rather have the normal LRs...
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    ... There's that gambler fix thing where the next token has just got to have that cover you need. Considering I pulled a red Elektra this morning from an event token, and needed Rocket & Groot and Gamora covers a few days ago, I'm actually having a luckier-than-usual week.

Nice pulls Grimm!

Just gonna comment that Elektra's black cover as an enemy has been a huge time eater, so I missed Top 2 because the AI got it off THREE times in my last battle...

Got my single Heroic (thought I wasn't even gonna get Top 3) opened it, flashing gold means 4*!!!

It's my own very first Elektra Black! Well played MPQ, well played ... icon_lol.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Huh. If it supercedes the regular LRs this really isn't much of a "gift." There are 24 LRs normally in one LR set - this came about halfway through the first set so we're talking 36. Instead they're giving us 15 special LRs.

Sure, its neat to put Electra through the paces, but I'd rather have the normal LRs...

Agree. Also the anniversary rounds had double the iso and the anniversary tokens - which had a much higher drop rate. There are less of these, spread out, with low rewards.

Took first in the one late last night and wasn't surprised at all to get nothing but ISO (2*'s) from the three tokens.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

Agree. Also the anniversary rounds had double the iso and the anniversary tokens - which had a much higher drop rate. There are less of these, spread out, with low rewards.
    Yeah, anniversary LRs were awesome due to double ISO and the special tokens. Giving us LRs with a new 4* every 10 hours for regular heroics and regular ISO misses the point completely.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm enjoying this purely by the amount of iso potential. This event helped me speedily levelled up a character significantly than usual.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone still waiting on the rewards for the one that just ended (930 pm et)? Still haven't seen anything in almost an hour.
  • orbitalint wrote:
    Anyone still waiting on the rewards for the one that just ended (930 pm et)? Still haven't seen anything in almost an hour.

rewards will be given out within a day, according to the game.

Worst I ever seen was 48 hours(IIRC)
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    rewards will be given out within a day, according to the game.

Worst I ever seen was 48 hours(IIRC)
    I thought they were getting better. Most rewards lately were within 30 minutes of event end for me at least. Ah well. Thanks.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    I'm enjoying this purely by the amount of iso potential. This event helped me speedily levelled up a character significantly than usual.
    I've lost a ton of iso compared to if theyd just had run the normal lrs for a day. missed like half of them because of the random times being hard to track, and didnt manage to place well in any of the ones i did play, since i inevitably missed the ~150 point seed team handicap