Patch Notes - R68 (Live, 01/05/2015)

Options
13»

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just posted an update on these patch notes. Some clarification on the existing items as well as a few more.

Hope this helps!

Will a fix to the post-event leaderboard glitch be included in this patch as well?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just posted an update on these patch notes. Some clarification on the existing items as well as a few more.

Hope this helps!

Will a fix to the post-event leaderboard glitch be included in this patch as well?

If it's not in the Patch Notes, one would assume not, much to our dismay - though, I am personally curious is there is an ETA on the return of this function.
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We'd like to wish everyone well and hope that you have a wonderful holiday season!
    - Post-event summaries are back! In the latest release post-event summaries were causing crashes, so they were disabled until we were certain we had a stable fix.

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Just posted an update on these patch notes. Some clarification on the existing items as well as a few more.

Hope this helps!

I'm offering a pitchfork cleaning and storage service, for those who got a little surly thinking the difficulties were going to be changed. Reasonable rates.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We'd like to wish everyone well and hope that you have a wonderful holiday season!
    - Post-event summaries are back! In the latest release post-event summaries were causing crashes, so they were disabled until we were certain we had a stable fix.

icon_e_wink.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif How'd I miss that? xD
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just downloaded R68 and the notes mentioned Doom's 3rd ability. It doesn't show in the game yet though.
    Who wants to make guesses?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just downloaded R68 and the notes mentioned Doom's 3rd ability. It doesn't show in the game yet though.
    purpletile.png Clever Ruse
  • turul wrote:
    purpletile.png Clever Ruse
    Sounds like a passive ability
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Options
    Still no post-event leaderboards after I downloaded R68. Half the things that were mentioned in the patch notes (luke cage, enemy of the state, new wolvie art) were already in the game before the patch.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still no post-event leaderboards after I downloaded R68. Half the things that were mentioned in the patch notes (luke cage, enemy of the state, new wolvie art) were already in the game before the patch.
    I'm guessing R68 was supposed to go in 2 weeks ago and didn't make it due to the App Store freeze.
  • Well lucky you still no sign of the update on android
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dazstoke78 wrote:
    Well lucky you still no sign of the update on android
    You're not missing anything, the only useable thing in the patch - leaderboards viewable after event end - isn't working.
  • Oh well another scoreboard fail
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Options
    I've got the post event leaderboard back after cage match. Just in time for end of season
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Post-event leaderboards were disabled on the server side after the crash bug in R67 was found, so they almost certainly need to do a server-side change to turn them on again. Since this update was released over the weekend, I expect they'll re-enable them early this week, after the majority of players can be expected to have upgraded to R68.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw ebolamonkey's comment above that they're already back.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No update available for Android
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it's reallly weird that the update for android hasn't come through yet. I can't remember it ever coming out so long after the other platforms. Wonder if there was a holdup with approval.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good stuff in the update. Since the patch hasn't come to be this needs to be restickied, IMHO.
  • "David wrote:

A new year is almost upon us and the imminent arrival of Luke Cage fills us with powerful feelings of hope for an awesome 2015.

R68 Patch Notes Preview:
    (As always, anything listed below is subject to change before release.)

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
      - Players can now register their name for Versus (PVP) using an in-game pop-up window. - Missions now properly take powered-up characters into account when determining difficulty. - Improved frame rate and prevented possible crashes in Tutorial missions. - Android Notifications now display the title and content correctly.

Miles from Demiurge here with an update:

First off, wanted to add a few items to the list:

- Team Up recall prices are lowered so they cap out at 300 HP.
    -- 36 hr recall was 380HP, now 300HP
    -- 8h recall was 145 HP, now 125HP
    -- 2h recall was 55 HP, now 50 HP.
    -- Prices scale linearly in between those times.

- Enemy teams now have access to all the new characters as Team Ups. So you'll start seeing enemy teams with Mystique, Rocket & Groot, Elektra, etc. Team Ups.

Also two clarifications from the original post:

- Players can now register their name for Versus (PVP) using an in-game pop-up window.
    When a player first registers for pvp, they will get an-in game pop-up message instead of being redirected to a website. We received a lot of feedback about people not liking being taken out of the game and we streamlined the process. Here is a image of the new pop-up window. If you already have a PVP name, you will not see this change at all.
    qhjuKA7.png?1

- Missions now properly take powered-up characters into account when determining difficulty.
    In missions that you have access to powered-up characters, the difficulty was being displayed incorrectly (Trivial, Easy, Deadly!, etc.). Now when determining what difficulty to display to the player the game will now display a more realistic difficulty assessment. Previously, the game did not take into account the fact that you had powered-up characters and and the displayed difficulty could be listed too high. This has no effect on actual difficulty of the mission, just how it is displayed.

Thanks for the update and clarification on the original post. Glad it is only a cosmetic change to the difficulty display icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We'd like to wish everyone well and we hope that you had a wonderful holiday season!

A new year is upon us and the arrival of Luke Cage fills us with powerful feelings of hope for an awesome 2015.

R68 Patch Notes:

UI, Tweaks & Bug Fixes
      - Missions now properly take powered-up characters into account when determining difficulty.
      In missions that you have access to powered-up characters, the difficulty was being displayed incorrectly (Trivial, Easy, Deadly!, etc.). Now when determining what difficulty to display to the player the game will now display a more realistic difficulty assessment. Previously, the game did not take into account the fact that you had powered-up characters and and the displayed difficulty could be listed too high. This has no effect on actual difficulty of the mission, just how it is displayed.

A node on my tablet running R67 is displayed as "Hard" which it is
      That same node on my phone running R68 is displayed as "Normal"

This is a false assessment based solely on one character boosted 90 levels