Patch Notes - R68 (Live, 01/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to say that I'm not impressed at all with the standard of the patch notes we get. We're always having to speculate about what a throwaway line means, and eventually there might be some clarification that as often as not clarifies not at all. I mean, in this particular case where the heck does "properly" come in to it? In what way was it being improperly done previously?

It would be a good thing if:
    • the patch notes were released earlier than last thing in the afternoon in the One True Time Zone
    • someone from D3P monitored the forum to see what needs clarification, and
    • someone from D3P actually responded and updated the notes with meaningful information
  • grapez
    grapez Posts: 50
    Options
    boosted characters affecting scaling is kinda silly imo. can you explain exactly what that means?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    Just a guess, but they probably mean in regards to the difficulty display (I.e., if you have a boosted character, it might display "easy" instead of "normal"), not increasing the difficulty itself.
    This is how I read it as well.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [devils-advocate]
    What if the game was never actually aware a character was powered-up before and was reading the boosted level as the base level?
    What if "properly taking powered-up characters into account" actually means that the game will now start to explicitly look at the base level?
    What if suddenly 2*->3* transitioners get to compete at PvE again without being stonewalled by upper-end scaling?
    [/devils-advocate]
  • Assuming this isn't a cosmetic change to the difficulty indicators this is going to help the better rosters simply because you can't get higher than level 395 so it doesn't matter if the game considers your level 166 featured character as a 166 or 256. I see people with mostly 3* maxed thinking 'this will only get harder' and sure, that's true, but if your 166s had low scaling, then people with weaker roster tend to have unbelievably low scaling and you'd usually lose simply because the number of players with 2*/transition roster vastly outnumber the 3* 166s so one (or more) of them is likely to outgrind you.

It probably says a lot about how scaling is messed up when your strategy as a max roster guy is try to grind as hard as possible early to drive up the community scaling because you know yours can't possibly get past 395 so it is in your interest to drive it to 395 as early as possible which is necessary to slow down the guys with less scaling.
  • Sounds like they just want us to purchase more health packs. Even the 2* players needs to chip in.
  • _RiO_
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    It probably says a lot about how scaling is messed up when your strategy as a max roster guy is try to grind as hard as possible early to drive up the community scaling because you know yours can't possibly get past 395 so it is in your interest to drive it to 395 as early as possible which is necessary to slow down the guys with less scaling.

Hey; it works for the US justice system, doesn't it? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • HiFi Dave, I am thankful that you try to keep everyone updated on the changes that are made to the game but please stop writing completely VAGUE messages. This post probably would not have gotten so much comments if you had properly explained what you meant by " Missions now properly take powered-up characters into account when determining difficulty." Also since there is no mention of this in the release notes, will the leaderboard bug be fixed with R68?
  • Any news on the leader boards bug?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Just to say that I'm not impressed at all with the standard of the patch notes we get. We're always having to speculate about what a throwaway line means, and eventually there might be some clarification that as often as not clarifies not at all. I mean, in this particular case where the heck does "properly" come in to it? In what way was it being improperly done previously?

It would be a good thing if:
    • the patch notes were released earlier than last thing in the afternoon in the One True Time Zone
    • someone from D3P monitored the forum to see what needs clarification, and
    • someone from D3P actually responded and updated the notes with meaningful information
    That would probably require someone from Demiurge to actually post them though, rather than HiFi
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:
    Just a guess, but they probably mean in regards to the difficulty display (I.e., if you have a boosted character, it might display "easy" instead of "normal"), not increasing the difficulty itself.
    This is how I read it as well.
    I'm late to the party, but it's how I understood this too: just a minor fix for a minor display bug; not a change of scaling.
    (of course it's still a good thing to scrutinize the patches that come quietly during holidays... icon_e_wink.gif )
  • Don't bother fixing anything until you fix the leaderboard issues.

My season score tracking is already ruined because of the last 3 PVPs.

And the only strategy of "stay awake until the end of the PVP and take screenshots" doesn't even work now because you'd have to enter shard 5 to do that.

And shard 5 is where xforce and 4hor live from 200 points and up.

So if I wanted to barely get top 100 with 1100 points, then yes, I could get my screenshots, but that's not really an optimal strategy, now is it?
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Guess I still have to exit the game every time I want to post something to the alliance chat....
  • Really odd that we have not gotten any Dev response to this after so long....
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    Does this include the fix for event result viewing?

This and the Android notification is all that matters right now.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zigram wrote:
    Really odd that we have not gotten any Dev response to this after so long....

Most, if not all of them, are not in the office until after New Year's. That's how a lot of those 9-5, Mon-Fri desk jobs go.
  • Zigram wrote:

Most, if not all of them, are not in the office until after New Year's. That's how a lot of those 9-5, Mon-Fri desk jobs go.

I happen to work in one of those places, and we have our office open on a "partial closure" schedule (work if you need to)... but yea I suppose smaller offices might decide to just give the whole dang week off lol.
  • _RiO_
    Options
    Zigram wrote:

I work in IT, proving hosting and web solutions in the travel industry. Generally speaking we have a rotating call and monitoring list during the holidays. A few persons check up on error logs and support e-mail via remote login every now and again and should something pop up, they pass it along to the relevant person on the call list for the project/customer affected.

That's fairly standard even for small parties, actually. D3P/Demiurge really should have something similar in place for a 24/7 online game...
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    Just posted an update on these patch notes. Some clarification on the existing items as well as a few more.

Hope this helps!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just posted an update on these patch notes. Some clarification on the existing items as well as a few more.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for taking some time out on New Years to clarify everything for us. icon_e_biggrin.gif Many thanks. icon_e_smile.gif