List of shielded people - Double Shot

Options
124»

Comments

• Hit 900 and didn't feel like playing anymore so I threw up a shield, have at it.
  • Toolman #1 at 1484, Buecherwyrm (me) #2 at 1409 and Chakdola #3 at 1232 are leading our bracket and we all have our shields up, so have at it!
  • Hmm, it seems that the tournaments are actually becoming more safer to play in during the end, which is the exact opposite of before, depending on your point range. I expect the 0-800 range to still be downright brutal, but once you break the ceiling, people are more "eh, go ahead," and now you're on the yellow brick road grabbing points like low hanging fruit. Then again, 8 hours left wasn't a competitive time slot to begin with. I'd love to see how the system reacts right before the 3 hour time zone and afterwards.
  • I'm currently shielded - DaveyPitch, 1001 points.

Wasn't going to bother shielding myself but once I reached 1000 points and got the extra 100 Hero Points, I figured I might as well, considering I have a busy day in work. I might come back out if I lose my number 1 ranking though.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    In my bracket...

Scott 1817
    Juff 1407
    Osaic 1300
    Casablanca 918
    thiago.rg2 912
    Nephi 853
    Dedridd 803
    Grimlock 798
    Bishopza 728
    AshenPyre 632
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Just hit 1k and put up a shield. too sleepy to continue playing.
  • Gotta go on date, so shielded
    GEFP 980 points
  • Ah, I meant retaliated/attacked. I'm currently leading my bracket at 1413 because I was never attacked during my run to that rank, but I would imagine that you would get attacked a fair amount if you were to try to get to that rank during the last hour of a tourney just due to the number of people that are grinding as well.

But you're not going to have anywhere near as many points as the people near the top. So why attack some guy with 4 or 500 points when you can instead attack someone with 1400?

And people who are joining in the last hours of a tourney aren't trying to get progression rewards (although they get a large number of them still; even before shielding w/ broken PvP you could hit 700 in an hour), they're just aiming for ranking. And that remains easy to get in those last hour brackets.