Polarity's Character Ability Statistical Analysis (1/6/15)

13»

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    I'm a little confused; I thought level 1 illusions swapped 7 pairs of colored tiles, but my memory comes from Loki Lightning rounds and the approximate timing of the swap. Is that not the way it's implemented? Unless I'm misunderstanding, your implementation has it so that tiles can be swapped back into the same place and has twice the swaps.

I would have thought it would be p2 = random(len-n)+n

By textual description, you are correct.
    But in reality, it swaps twice as much as described. And tiles seem to be able to move multiple times.

Hard to guess actual algorithm used by D3P for swapping, but most probably its this, guessing by D3P lazyness:
    p1=random(len);
    p2=random(len); //hopefully avoiding it being p1

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    NorthernPolarity:

Any updates on patterned skills? I expected She-Hulk's red to be a decent cascade generator based on its spikes from the bottom of the screen, but in her current PvP I'm starting to doubt that. It certainly doesn't seem to compare to X-Force when both are at 5 covers.
  • turul
    DayvBang wrote:
    NorthernPolarity:

Any updates on patterned skills? I expected She-Hulk's red to be a decent cascade generator based on its spikes from the bottom of the screen, but in her current PvP I'm starting to doubt that. It certainly doesn't seem to compare to X-Force when both are at 5 covers.

Using my simulator, out of 10000 simulations:
    SHEHULK RED
    Cover 5: (16 tiles destroyed)
    YELLOW','RED','BLUE','PURPLE','GREEN','BLACK','TEAMUP'
    68.96 % cascade chance

Cover 3: (13 tiles destroyed)
    66.21% cascade chance

Cover 1: (10 tiles destroyed)
    62.57% cascade chance

used algorithm: select random coloumn n times, if coloumn already has 4 tiles to destroy, pick another.

Xforce Green:
    dumping:
    43.37%
    61.32%
    66.41%

used algorithm: destroyed tiles not cut off by field edges, 3x 3x3 might overlap but not 100%.

Mystique blue lvl 5/ second cast
    87.96%

will provide cleaner stats hopefully soon
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    NorthernPolarity:

Lost my charger on the laptop I use to work on the sim - have X-Force and She-Hulk coded, but just haven't uploaded the results yet. Turul's data seems about right I believe, but I can confirm sometime by the end of the week.
  • Ah okay, had a couple more Loki battles recently. Unless I'm mistaken (quite possible), I think the algorithm relies on pairs and should be more like:
    L=L.difference(B).shuffle();  // List of non-teamup tiles, shuffled
    var len=L.length;
    var n=14;                            // Set number of tiles to swap
    if (n>L.length/2 n = L.length /2;) // if there are less non-teamup tiles, limit swaps to available number of paired tiles
    for(j=0;j<n;j++){
       GG.Swap(j,j+n);               // swap each pairing of tiles.
    }

I've been looking for MPQ video of illusions to confirm that tiles either move in pairs or can be swapped multiple times, but no one uses Loki icon_e_sad.gif
  • turul
    daibar wrote:
    Ah okay, had a couple more Loki battles recently. Unless I'm mistaken (quite possible), I think the algorithm relies on pairs and should be more like:
    L=L.difference(B).shuffle();  // List of non-teamup tiles, shuffled
    var len=L.length;
    var n=14;                            // Set number of tiles to swap
    if (n>L.length/2 n = L.length /2;) // if there are less non-teamup tiles, limit swaps to available number of paired tiles
    for(j=0;j<n;j++){
       GG.Swap(j,j+n);               // swap each pairing of tiles.
    }

I've been looking for MPQ video of illusions to confirm that tiles either move in pairs or can be swapped multiple times, but no one uses Loki icon_e_sad.gif

just use Loki a few times, and focus on a single tile position. I think you should spot multiple movements.
  • Has anyone done an analysis of Grockets Green? I saw one of his yellow but not his green. I find they I pretty much always get one or two cascades off of his green and this number only increases if I save green before launching it (it hits one more tile per 2 green saved). I am bad at math and coding so I am not going to be running the simulation but I thought it would be interesting to see the numbers. The cascades really add a lot of value to his green, especially with a strike tile generator as the rocket shots will never hit your own strike tiles, If you wait to launch his blue first and none are in the middle you can sometimes get and extra 3000 or so damage out of it.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Updated with Doom.

Grocket is hard to code with my current framework but hopefully I'll have that up at some point.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    NorthernPolarity:

Using my simulator, out of 10000 simulations:

Xforce Green:
    dumping:
    43.37%
    61.32%
    66.41%

used algorithm: destroyed tiles not cut off by field edges, 3x 3x3 might overlap but not 100%.

I don't think the destroyed tiles overlap. It happens quickly, so it's easy to miss, but I'm fairly sure that it always destroys the advertised 15 tiles. If I'm right, I think that will increase X-Force's cascade numbers. By how much, I really don't know.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is this not stickied?
  • Any chance of getting cStorm's green added? I know it needs more work since it is based on how many green you have currently.

I look at it as similar to Cap's shield throws or Cage's Jab in that it's better to save a bunch. Sure it's a fine skill to use at 12, but when I can (like in survival nodes currently) I like to save up almost 30 and let Storm collect AP from half the board. An average split from those colors makes it a skill that generates 4-5 of each even before any cascades. Lightning Storm is then more like a 7AP skill that does damage and collects more AP than OBW, Loki, or IM40's recharge. Also massive board shakeup like Juggs, Loki, or CMags.
  • Just wanna say thanks. You're truly a treasure to the community , NP.