** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• Does she destroy 10 tiles at 3 green cover or 4 tiles?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    At three covers she shatters four tiles plus one for every two green AP you have, including the 12 it takes to cast Lightning Storm. So she will shatter 10 tiles at 12 AP, 11 at 14, etc. "[X] per [color] AP you have" is counted before the casting cost unless the skill explicitly says otherwise, e.g. Hulk's Smash.
  • At three covers she shatters four tiles plus one for every two green AP you have, including the 12 it takes to cast Lightning Storm. So she will shatter 10 tiles at 12 AP, 11 at 14, etc. "[X] per [color] AP you have" is counted before the casting cost unless the skill explicitly says otherwise, e.g. Hulk's Smash.
    I was considering to change her to 3/5/5. What do you think is better? 5/5/3 or 3/5/5?
  • KevinMark wrote:
    At three covers she shatters four tiles plus one for every two green AP you have, including the 12 it takes to cast Lightning Storm. So she will shatter 10 tiles at 12 AP, 11 at 14, etc. "[X] per [color] AP you have" is counted before the casting cost unless the skill explicitly says otherwise, e.g. Hulk's Smash.
    I was considering to change her to 3/5/5. What do you think is better? 5/5/3 or 3/5/5?

Generally I'd say 5/5/3 is best because you don't want to rely on a skill where you take damage. However, if you use her on a team with Patch and/or Daken who can brush off 20% damage, then her yellow passive can be impressive when paired with strike tiles. If you often pair Storm with someone that has a better green skill, then shifting points to her yellow can make sense.
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    KevinMark wrote:

For me Storm always has Ares or Thor at star.pngstar.png level for dealing and taking heavy damage, so I'm always going to want to use their greens over hers. Her yellow is what makes her surprisingly troublesome on defence too, having her at 3/5/5 has got me numerous 11th hour wins as tempest avenges the enemies attack!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I like my cStorm 5/5/3 generally since I often run her on the AP machine team of Hood and MMN and her green is the only one. If the team gets hit by a Flamethrower, she retaliates with 3 yellow just fine anyway. I don't run her in PvP usually.
  • I think it basically boils down to 5/5/3 if you don't have a green user, 3/5/5 otherwise. Lightning Storm just isn't good enough on it's own, but it can tip the scales to get you the bluetile.png for Wind Storm or purpletile.png for polarity shift.

For me, she's usually with MNMags, so 5/5/3 it is.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just don't see enough marginal benefit from boosting the damage on Raging Tempest to be worth the trade-off. If it goes off at full power, generally it'll either get me the win by a broad margin or come nowhere close – an extra few hundred damage isn't going to help either way. Meanwhile even if I have another green user, Lightning Storm still gets brought out as an emergency “I really need to clear some special tiles” button, and the more tiles it hits, the better the odds.
  • Guess who is an outstanding Sentry counter.

cStorm with 5 yellow.
  • 3/5/5 since the beginning, I never regretted it =)

I already did 2000 x 3 x 3 damages kinda easily against some PvE goons like pyro, and the whole enemy team took 18000 damages.
    Against some chars like punisher, sentry, ... who attack your whole team, it's a dream counter.
    The only problems are that :
    - she's really low hp
    - she's often killed before using her counter (enemy skills are killing her fast), which make her difficult to use in some cases cause you need to take damages with her mates and keep her alive which is sometimes difficult at high level.
  • I see a lot of top players have their storm at 5/3/5. Is this to make her better on defense?

Trading off 300 damage and 1 turn on the stun seems decent.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    IMHO the best building is 3/5/5 for a simple reason: you rarely will use Lightning Storm because there are a lot of better green skill.
    You only use Lightning Storm when you haven't any other character with green ability in your team.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheHood wrote:
    IMHO the best building is 3/5/5 for a simple reason: you rarely will use Lightning Storm because there are a lot of better green skill.
    You only use Lightning Storm when you haven't any other character with green ability in your team.
    ...Or when you are a few AP short of a killer move and hope to get lucky. It definitely has its uses.
  • Was playing sim 40 (thour/rag/loki) today in the gauntlet. Got hit by a striking distance, killing one of my characters, and severely wounding captain marvel and storm. Storm's raging tempest should have triggered 3times, but instead, it only triggered once. I lost the match because of this. Any ideas as to why this happened?
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Hi, currently my cStorm is 4/5/4 and I have a green cStorm cover waiting to be used or sell. I am wondering if I should change to 5/5/4, wait for yellow cStorm to change to 3/5/5 or remained as 4/5/4.
    My current team that I normally used (including cStorm) included Ares 4/4/5, Human Torch** 5/5/4, Wolverine** 5/5/3, and OBW 3/5/5. As most of them have better and cheaper green attack than cStorm, I was thinking of not going for 5/5/3 for cStorm. Any advice? Thanks in advance icon_e_smile.gif
  • wingX wrote:
    Hi, currently my cStorm is 4/5/4 and I have a green cStorm cover waiting to be used or sell. I am wondering if I should change to 5/5/4, wait for yellow cStorm to change to 3/5/5 or remained as 4/5/4.
    My current team that I normally used (including cStorm) included Ares 4/4/5, Human Torch** 5/5/4, Wolverine** 5/5/3, and OBW 3/5/5. As most of them have better and cheaper green attack than cStorm, I was thinking of not going for 5/5/3 for cStorm. Any advice? Thanks in advance icon_e_smile.gif

It seems to me like you just want to think about what you would use her green for. Raising it's level increases it's ability as a board shaker/ap generator but if you don't feel like you need that and would use one of your other green abilities instead then I don't think you need to level her green. I also think it's worth mentioning the reason she is suggested at 5/5/3 is mostly because you run her with 2* mags for the combo in which case the green is immensely helpful and does not overlap with mags. if you don't plan on using that combo and instead just using her on a team where her green is not a priority then 3/5/5 actually might be better.

Hope that helps!
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    The upgrade from 3 to 5 in yellow is fairly small at just 28.5% more damage. It's also an ability you don't want to rely on too much since it means your team is taking heavy damage. That said, Storm's green is great but if you never use it then it's not going to make much difference if it's at 3 covers or 5. Generally speaking, you're going to want to use Ares or Wolvie's green before Storm's.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks, I think I will stick to 4/5/4 for the time being as my 2* Mag is only at level 20 plus at 3/1/1 while my cStorm and the team I mentioned above is at least at level 84. And also at 4/5/4 I can switch to either 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 once I get the neccessary cover.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Please mods. No rendering to other Boards

yellowflag.png Mistress of the elements
    Clouds Darken the battlefield and lightning Streaks across the sky as Storms awesome power inspires her team mates, she readies her next attack. She destroys 2 team up tiles and 2 green tiles on the board dealing 38 damage per tile.

Level 2: Destroys 2 green , 2 Black , and 2 team up tiles. Deals 46 damage per tile.
    Level 3: Destroys 3 green , 3 Black, and 3 team up tiles. Deals 53 damage per tile
    Level 4: 68 damage Per tile
    Level 5: Destroys 3 green, 3 Black, 3 yellow, and 3 team up tiles.

Max level: Deals 220 damage per tile

Now obviously it would need a huge damage nerf because gaining ap and dealing 2,640 damage max level would be xforce cheap this should probably end the turn also.
  • Please post this in the Character thread dedicated to her. The developers do read them.