Character Engineering

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, these are pretty awesome, and worthy of respeccing a few characters over. A few points though...
    Pylgrim wrote:
    New Defence Grid (Black Panther) 8 blueflag.png
    Man Without Fear deploys Vibranium-based Wakandan technology to slow the enemy assault. If the enemy tries to disarm it, it explodes damaging the opponent team. Places a Blue Countdown tile that converts a basic colour tile to a strength 8 Protect tile every 2 turns. If an enemy matches the countdown tile, each enemy is dealt 90 damage.
    Level 2: Increases protect strength to 12 (Max 70)
    Level 3: Increases damage on match to 130 (Max 950)
    Level 4: Can convert any tile to a protect tile.
    Level 5: Countdown activates every turn.
    Every turn may be a bit overkill, but overall an amazing upgrade. Honestly just adding the team damage when the countdown tile is matched may be enough of a boost.
    Pylgrim wrote:
    New Bewilder (Psylocke) 9 blueflag.png
    Psylocke steadies and channels her telepathic power, reaching into the minds of the enemy to disrupt their attack. Converts a chosen basic tile into a countdown tile that activates each turn, stealing 1 AP of the colour of that tile from the enemy team.
    Level 2: If an enemy matches the countdown tile, that character is stunned for 1 turn.
    Level 3: Also deals 10 damage to the enemy in front whenever it activates. (Max 100)
    Level 4: Stuns for 2 turns.
    Level 5: Steals 2 AP of the chosen colour and 1 AP of a random colour.
    Every turn 3 AP is pretty insane...especially considering that the 1st one of these would be placed on Blue, then a few turns later on every other color becoming impossible for the opponent to gain ANY AP.
    Pylgrim wrote:
    New Mutagenic Breakthrough (Beast) 9 blueflag.png
    Hank has big plans for a genetic experiment that might lead to unpredictable results. If there are no friendly blue countdown tiles on the board, converts a chosen tile into a blue countdown tile that activates every 2 turns transforming a random blue basic tile into a strength 25 Attack, Strike or Protect tile. If the countdown tile is matched by an enemy, an enraged Beast lashes back, dealing 140 damage.
    Level 2: Creates special tiles of strength 33
    Level 3: Damage if the countdown is matched increased to 250 (Max 1200)
    Level 4: Creates special tiles of strength 40 (Max 120)
    Level 5: Countdown activates each turn.
    I'm not sure about the line "if there are no friendly blue countdown tiles," which I understand is to prevent 2 or more of these going every other turn, but may be adversely affected by other blue-countdown tiles. Honestly, locking all the tiles this creates into Blue tiles may be enough.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Wow, these are pretty awesome, and worthy of respeccing a few characters over. A few points though...
    Pylgrim wrote:
    New Defence Grid (Black Panther) 8 blueflag.png
    Man Without Fear deploys Vibranium-based Wakandan technology to slow the enemy assault. If the enemy tries to disarm it, it explodes damaging the opponent team. Places a Blue Countdown tile that converts a basic colour tile to a strength 8 Protect tile every 2 turns. If an enemy matches the countdown tile, each enemy is dealt 90 damage.
    Level 2: Increases protect strength to 12 (Max 70)
    Level 3: Increases damage on match to 130 (Max 950)
    Level 4: Can convert any tile to a protect tile.
    Level 5: Countdown activates every turn.
    Every turn may be a bit overkill, but overall an amazing upgrade. Honestly just adding the team damage when the countdown tile is matched may be enough of a boost.
    Pylgrim wrote:
    New Bewilder (Psylocke) 9 blueflag.png
    Psylocke steadies and channels her telepathic power, reaching into the minds of the enemy to disrupt their attack. Converts a chosen basic tile into a countdown tile that activates each turn, stealing 1 AP of the colour of that tile from the enemy team.
    Level 2: If an enemy matches the countdown tile, that character is stunned for 1 turn.
    Level 3: Also deals 10 damage to the enemy in front whenever it activates. (Max 100)
    Level 4: Stuns for 2 turns.
    Level 5: Steals 2 AP of the chosen colour and 1 AP of a random colour.
    Every turn 3 AP is pretty insane...especially considering that the 1st one of these would be placed on Blue, then a few turns later on every other color becoming impossible for the opponent to gain ANY AP.
    Pylgrim wrote:
    New Mutagenic Breakthrough (Beast) 9 blueflag.png
    Hank has big plans for a genetic experiment that might lead to unpredictable results. If there are no friendly blue countdown tiles on the board, converts a chosen tile into a blue countdown tile that activates every 2 turns transforming a random blue basic tile into a strength 25 Attack, Strike or Protect tile. If the countdown tile is matched by an enemy, an enraged Beast lashes back, dealing 140 damage.
    Level 2: Creates special tiles of strength 33
    Level 3: Damage if the countdown is matched increased to 250 (Max 1200)
    Level 4: Creates special tiles of strength 40 (Max 120)
    Level 5: Countdown activates each turn.
    I'm not sure about the line "if there are no friendly blue countdown tiles," which I understand is to prevent 2 or more of these going every other turn, but may be adversely affected by other blue-countdown tiles. Honestly, locking all the tiles this creates into Blue tiles may be enough.

Thanks for the kind words! A 70-strength protect tile every turn may be too much, but then again it depends on a randomly placed countdown tile that can be easily destroyed and you need 8 blue AP to recast... and that if you decided to go 5 covers in this instead of Battleplan or RotP! Not sure this is much more oppressive than Bullseye, but perhaps the enemyprotect.png could be a little weaker. Testing would provide the right value but I am convinced that one protect tile every two turns is not worth the AP. As for Bewilder, well, it is only as effective as the opponent has AP, and also can be stopped by destroying the tile. I'm not sure it will be worse than Dormammu's Aid, specially since it costs AP, but perhaps the "random colour AP" is too much. Again, needs testing (I believe in designing a bit on the OP side and then tuning until it stops breaking the game).

About Mutagenic Breakthrough, you are entirely right. I should have noticed that locking the new tiles to blue served as a stopper for future activations of the ability.
  • Complete character reworks.

[anchor=invisible4]Invisible Woman (Classic)[/anchor]
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link.
    At Max Level: HP:8220 Tile damage:82/11/73/09/64/09/3.0
      Force Bubbles - 5 bluetile.png
      Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save the team. Locks 2 chosen tiles in Force Bubbles (up to 16 bubbles) and gives Susan's team 10 protection for each bubble on the board while she's active.
        Level 2: Locks 3 chosen tiles. Level 3: Locks 4 chosen tiles. Increases force bubble protection to 20. Level 4: If more than 16 bubbles would be made, Sue's team gains 1AP in each color. Level 5: Locks 6 chosen tiles. Increases force bubble protection to 30.
      Max Level: 100 protection per force bubble (up to 16, for 1600 protection)
        Force Field Crush - 9 greentile.png
        Invisible Woman shatters a 3x3 area around 1 random Force Bubble, dealing 42 damage and unlocking but not destroying it. If there are no Force Bubbles on the board, she creates 1 in a random location. This ability ends the turn. Generates AP.
          Level 2: Unlocks or places 2 Force Bubbles Level 3: Each unlocked Force Bubble does 84 damage Level 4: Unlocks or places 3 Force Bubbles. Each unlocked Force Bubble does 168 damage. Level 5: Susan can choose the bubbles to shatter. Doesn't end the turn.
        Max Level: 724 damage for each released bubble
        That's 27 AP plus damage for 5 bluetile.png 9 greentile.png and it doesn't end your turn! Overpowered. If you're going to make bubbles that cheap the crush has to be more expensive (maybe only at higher levels when popping more).
        [anchor=ragnarok3]Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor)[/anchor] icon_ragnarok.png
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP: 8611 Tile damage: 11/61/11/12/61/12/3.0
          Alternate Programming - Purple 5 purpletile.png + 5 blacktile.png
          Ragnarok's mimic-subroutine activates, with unpredictable results. A random level 1 Team-up effect is activated with the next tile match by Ragnarok's team.
            Level 2: A random level 2 Team-up effect is activated. Level 3: A random level 3 Team-up effect is activated. Level 4: A random level 4 Team-up effect is activated. The power will match the color of the moved tile. Level 5: A random level 5 Team-up effect is activated.
          Not sure what you mean by level here. Does this mean with X number of covers? Do you have to have the team-up? Seems somewhat complicated.
          I do particularly like the idea of charged tiles for his red! Seems to fit in with his character. Heck, even with that one improvement he would be far better (with charged tiles as they are now).

I think the Daredevil powers are far too cheap, but I would enjoy the extra AP generated by match.
        • Pylgrim wrote:
          Reposting some of the stuff from my Colours Poll threads addressing the less popular powers.

Thunderclap (Ragnarok) 6 redflag.png
          Thunderclap is ridiculously weak, even with the chance of powering up his green ability, which is a rather low chance, anyway. Let's make it always happen and deal more damage.

New Thunderclap (Ragnarok) 7 redflag.png
          Ragnarok calls upon the storm and lighting replies, smiting the battlefield. Deals 90 damage to the current target and changes 2 tiles of any color to Green, then destroys them.
          Level 2: Converts and destroys 3 tiles.
          Level 3: Deals 150 damage.
          Level 4: Deals 250 damage (Max: 1750)
          Level 5: Converts and destroys 4 tiles.

Photonic Blasts (Captain Marvel) 7 redflag.png
          The idea behind PB is novel and good, but the execution falls short of being relevant. Only some values need to be adjusted.

New Photonic Blasts (Captain Marvel) 7 redflag.png
          Captain Marvel unleashes the amazing cosmic power of her photonic blasts, shattering her enemy's defenses. Deals 250 Damage and destroys up to 2 Enemy Strike or Protect tiles. (does generate AP)
          Level 2: Deals 350 damage.
          Level 3: Destroys up to 3 tiles.
          Level 4: Deals 500 damage. (Max: 1800)
          Level 5: Can destroy attack and countdown tiles as well. Costs 2 more.

Unibeam (Iron Man 40) 13 redflag.png
          Once the champion of raw damage, necessitating a high cost and a drawback. Under modern values we can do better. (But I chose to leave the base damage exactly the same.)

New Unibeam (Iron Man 40) 10 redflag.png
          Tony Stark diverts all power to a focused energy beam fired from Model 40's chest. Deals 473 damage and pierces a 2x2 hole in the middle of the battlefield, dealing damage but not generating AP.
          Level 2: +10% damage
          Level 3: +10% damage
          Level 4: 3x3 hole.
          Level 5: +10% damage, (Max: 3950)

Pistol (Gray Suit Black Widow) 12 (up to 17) redflag.png
          Pistol is a weird ability that mixes damages with board shake and targeted destruction but does everything poorly with its counter-intuitive 2x3 "blocks" and increasing cost. Let's focus on the targeted destruction, then.

New Pistol (Gray Suit Black Widow) 4 redflag.png
          Black Widow fires 1 shot at the board, clearing a tile, dealing damage and generating AP.
          Level 2: Clears 2 tiles, costs 6.
          Level 3: Deals additional 50 damage per tile destroyed.
          Level 4: Deals additional 100 damage (Max: 250) per tile destroyed.
          Level 5: Clears 4 tiles, costs 9.

Smash 14 redflag.png
          Smash is extremely inefficient and has two drawbacks to top! Let's eliminate one and make the other less crippling while increasing damage and lowering cost.

Smash 11 redflag.png
          The Hulk smashes, consuming up to 10 of the team's Black AP and damaging the target for 300 plus 10 for each Black AP consumed and 20 for each Black AP remaining.
          Level 2: 350 base damage. 12 damage for each Black spent and 27 for each Black AP remaining.
          Level 3: 400 base damage. 17 damage for each Black spent and 35 for each Black AP remaining.
          Level 4: 460 base damage. 24 damage for each Black spent and 50 for each Black AP remaining. (Max: 3000/150/300)
          Level 5: Consumes only 5 Black AP. Also heals Hulk for 50 (Max:300) for each remaining AP.
          Thunderclap - It's an improvement, but I like Nonce's idea of charged Green tiles more. Further, having 2 tile destruction moves might make him too powerful. He's already a cascade king.
          Photonic Blasts - They purposefully made her an attack character and not destroy attack tiles due to her Hypersonic Punch. Combined with her Yellow passive, I don't agree with this one. She's a niche character as it is, a Spiderman/Bullseye/Cap? killer. If anything up, up the damage.
          Unibeam - Could get behind that.
          Pistol - Too cheap at 4AP, but I agree it makes sense to give her a cheaper ability to make her usable.
          Smash - You're getting greedy with the heal, but it's still a better ability than he has now. I like keeping greentile.png as an indication of the Hulk's anger meter. The more greentile.png he has, the angrier he is. When he gets hit, he gets angrier, and more greentile.png!
        • Pylgrim
          daibar wrote:
          Thunderclap - It's an improvement, but I like Nonce's idea of charged Green tiles more. Further, having 2 tile destruction moves might make him too powerful. He's already a cascade king.
          Photonic Blasts - They purposefully made her an attack character and not destroy attack tiles due to her Hypersonic Punch. Combined with her Yellow passive, I don't agree with this one. She's a niche character as it is, a Spiderman/Bullseye/Cap? killer. If anything up, up the damage.
          Unibeam - Could get behind that.
          Pistol - Too cheap at 4AP, but I agree it makes sense to give her a cheaper ability to make her usable.
          Smash - You're getting greedy with the heal, but it's still a better ability than he has now. I like keeping greentile.png as an indication of the Hulk's anger meter. The more greentile.png he has, the angrier he is. When he gets hit, he gets angrier, and more greentile.png!

Thanks for the comments. I agree that the healing in Smash may be too much, but I really think that the Hulk's superb regeneration skill (better than Wolverine's!) should be referenced in his powers. Also, the idea of a healing power in red kind of tickles me. Good catch about Cap Marvel's attack tile, too. I still would allow her to go after strike and countdown tiles as well. It's ok to be a niche character, but when your niche is to nerf a couple of characters or weak abilities, then you seriously need to reconsider to broaden your career a bit.
        • BillyBobJoe
          BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
          *** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

greenflag.png Smash - GREEN 14 :

The Hulk's anger finally culminates in a vicious smash! He channels his anger into one might blow, depleting the team's green AP and doing (x1) for each Green AP.. Does 30% of the damage to allies if there are more than 10 Green tiles on the board.

Level 2: (x2) damage for each Green AP.
          Level 3: (x3) damage for each Green AP.
          Level 4: (x4) damage for each Green AP.
          Level 5: (x5) damage for each Green AP.
          Max Level: 213 damage for each Green AP.

redflag.png Thunderous Clap - RED 10 :
          The Hulk claps and a sonic shockwave rips through the battlefield. Does 118 damage to the target and destroys 3 tiles plus one for every two Green AP the team has. Does not generate AP.
          Level 2: Does 127 damage to the target and destroys 4 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
          Level 3: Does 139 damage to the target and destroys 5 tiles plus one for every two Green AP. Max: 1025
          Level 4: Does 151 damage to the target and destroys 6 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
          Level 5: Does 163 damage to the target and destroys 8 tiles plus one for every two Green AP.
          Max Level: Does 1199 damage.

Anger - Black PASSIVE
          The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 5% of his health, a random basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.
          Level 2: Increases Green tiles created to 2.
          Level 3: Increases Green tiles created to 3.
          Level 4: Increases Green tiles created to 4.
          Level 5: Increases Green tiles created to 5, damages allies for 20 and enemies for 39.
          Max Level: Damages allies for 87 and enemies for 174.

****Hulk seems to really have two special powers depending on how you cover him. Smash drains two AP pools, and requires a lot of AP to be really useful. Unlike IM40 (Unibeam, Ballistic Salvo) and HT (Inferno) who have a small drain on AP reserves. Smash is an afterthought due to the variety of Red powers, it drains Green AP, and potential to damage the team. Essentially we're swapping the red and green power. And making the new Green Smash into a variant of Ares (Onslaught). Let's unhook Smash from being really a Red+Green power to purely a Green power which is powered by Anger. Kind of like Daken's Phermone Rage and Chemical Reaction. Black would remain unchanged, and Thunderous Clap remains unchanged beside the fact it switched from being a Green power to a Red power.

(I don't know how to scale the power with lower levels. But with 5 covers at level 166 I propose each green AP does 213 damage. I propose this because red Smash was capped at 6400 damage. So 213 times 30 Green AP = 6390. Close enough.)
        • So I have an alternative idea to Ragnarok in comparison to my first.

Green: Godlike Power
          9 AP
          Ragnarok exhibits his godlike power, cleaving the battlefield in two, destroying the middle 2 columns and dealing XXXX damage to the enemy team. Does not generate AP.

(Pretty much the same idea as my last one)

Red:Thunderclap
          6 AP
          No change

Black: Overcharged
          12 AP
          Ragnarok discharges a powerful surge at that target, stunning them for 2 turns destroying up to 8 green tiles, dealing XXXX, with an additional XXX damage per tile destroyed. Does not generate AP.
        • Nonce Equitaur 2
          Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
          Added a free turn zero casting. Also, gave him immunity to Strike and Attack tiles while the effect is in place.
            Immovable Object - Yellow 8 AP
            Colossus protects his team by standing in front of any force that comes their way. Turns a chosen basic Yellow tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile. While active, Colossus moves to the front at end of turn, and resists 25% of the damage dealt to him. If the team has 0 AP in all colors and no counters, the power can be cast for free.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Damage reduction up to 35% Level 3: Damage reduction up to 45%. Colossus becomes immune to Attack tiles. Level 4: Lasts 4 turns Level 5: Damage reduction up to 50%, lasts 5 turns. Colossus becomes immune to Strike tiles.

I suppose that would be good for Hulk as well.
              Anger - Black PASSIVE
              The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 5% of his health, a random basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.
                Level 2: Increases Green tiles created to 2. Level 3: Increases Green tiles created to 3. Level 4: Increases Green tiles created to 4. Hulk can be further Angered but not damaged by Strike tiles while Angry. Level 5: Increases Green tiles created to 5, damages allies for 20 and enemies for 39.
              Max Level: Damages allies for 87 and enemies for 174.

Now Hulk can't be taken down by World Rupture so easily.
            • ErikPeter
              ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
              (I don't know how to scale the power with lower levels. But with 5 covers at level 166 I propose each green AP does 213 damage. I propose this because red Smash was capped at 6400 damage. So 213 times 30 Green AP = 6390. Close enough.)

Dunno, Ares does 207 per green AP at max level, and that's only 94. I think Hulk should be scaled up to the 350 range.

Here's my solution. One small change.

The Hulk (Indestructible)
                redflag.png SMASH
                Just make it damage whole the enemy team.
                Pretty sure that would put him back in the top tier. He's still my least favorite character to go up against on defense, even Sentry, except for maybe powered-up-to-270 Juggernaut. Anger's a ****. If Smash was an insane AoE you'd really think about taking him down sooner than later (as I usually save him for last because he's not too hard to deal with once you've got some AP built up.)

I do like the idea to make it contingent on black rather than green AP. It sure seems like the drawback was designed for an earlier age.

Captain America (Modern)
                  yellowflag.png Sentinel of Liberty
                  Level 4: Costs 3 less AP (16 total). Increase protect tile strength to 150.
                  Level 5: Costs 3 less AP (13 total). Creates 4 tiles.

Would you still roll him at 3/5/5? I probably would (tile destruction is so useful, especially with the AP return) but now it's a harder choice. Works for Steve Rogers too. I also think Peacemaker should deal moderate damage like Star-Spangled Avenger (but not huge damage like the Rogers version) On further thought, 19 is just too damn expensive anyway, and the tiles should be able to overwrite anything from level 1 at that cost.
                • Another downside if you made Smash dependent on blacktile.png is that anger destroys on board blacktile.png. AOE would be a way better improvement, especially for a 14AP skill when whales almost always does way more damage with no drawbacks.

That suggested Cap Yellow seems way better too.
                • Nonce Equitaur 2
                  Quoting Riggy from Compilation of Suggested Sentry Fixes

Since fixing Sentry is a big topic of discussion, and there was some rumor at NYCC that he's on the chopping block, I thought I would start scouring the posts to see what suggestions were out there. Feel free to add any that I may miss (this will be an ongoing editing as I find time to do this).
                  1. Increase World Rupture cost by 3: Increasing costs in the most common suggestion to slow him down. Moving World Rupture from 7 to 10 means an extra match is required to fire this off, which would drastically slow him down, especially if you're not boosting.
                  2. Add a Stun to sacrifice: There are several variants to this one.
                    • Stuns for a fixed number of turns at the same time that it drops the strike tile. The advantage is that the rest of the team immediately takes advantage of his sacrifice while still keeping World Rupture from counting down.
                    • Puts a countdown on a random tile at the same time it puts out the strike tile. Sentry is stunned for as long as that countdown is out (similar to Redwing). The advantage here is that you can negate the penalty by matching that tile away. Also benefits from Hood and is susceptible to OBW.
                    • Puts out only a countdown and then puts the strike tile out when it expires (similar to Fury). This means a longer time needed to protect the tile, as well as a 1 turn lag behind World Rupture. Also interacts with Hood and OBW.
                  3. Decrease his overall health. A less popular option, but one that reflects his mental / emotional vulnerability. Possibly allows for him to be burned down or makes the use of his self-damaging abilities more of a tactical decision instead of an auto-use.
                  4. Clarified!!!Only the first countdown on a turn benefits from Strike tiles. Having the strike tiles only affect the first World Rupture tile to go off would drastically nerf this ability. If strike tiles still affect tile matches, the likely cascades would still be devastating but the ability itself would do far less damage.
                  5. Make the first World Rupture tile destroy every world rupture tile and do damage for each tile destroyed. This functions the same way as one of the goon mutant tiles (destroys all purple) or similar to Fury's Demolition where the first trap matched destroys all other traps matched.
                  6. Make World Rupture a single target ability instead of AOE.. This would likely kill 1 opponent and start damaging a 2nd. Could also include reducing or removing the self-damage portion of the ability as well.
                  7. Reduce the damage done by Sacrifice. Knock off a portion of the damage the strike tile does and a similar portion of the self damage it does.
                  8. Replace Sacrifice with a different ability. World Rupture seems more fundamental to the character design than Sacrifice. Removing Sacrifice would make World Rupture less strong while also creating a dependency on another character to generate strike tiles.
                  9. Reduce the number of World Rupture tiles, but increase their damage. Overall ability damage would remain the same, but would reduce the impact of strike tiles. It would also reduce the number of potential cascades which further reduces the impact of strike tiles on World Rupture.
                  10. Staggered World Rupture countdowns. When World Rupture is cast, have a third of the countdowns be <x>, a third be <x+1>, and a third be <x+2>. This would mean more time to react to the ability as well as a longer time to protect and/or create strike tiles.
                  11. Seriously slow down animation for World Rupture. Reminiscent of the old Daken passive, annoy players into submission. Make shield hopping less feasible by slowing down the match length while leaving the power's ability intact.
                  12. New!!!Change World Rupture to Black. Changing World Rupture away from green reduces his synergy with Daken and Hood and seriously slows the combo down.
                  13. New!!!Increase self-damage. Make it more costly to the player to use this ability. Would be hard to avoid further allegations of "pay 2 win" with this option.
                  14. New!!!Turn the countdown tiles into visible traps. Each time one is matched, the effect for that trap goes off. Allow tile overwriting as it exists now. This kills the current shield-hopping strategies with this character while adding "flavor" to the board (the "visible traps" could be "ruptured tiles").
                • Pylgrim
                  Make the countdown tiles start at 3? Slows it down by one turn and gives the opponent time to remove a few more or kill/stun sentry.
                • ErikPeter
                  ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
                  I really like the simple change of World Rupture from green to black.
                • homeinvasion
                  homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
                  Once again Nonce secures his place with ease and grand dragon master, highest order 5 star general of all things MPQ. mate this is so impressive I am intimidated by it! If you don/t work at D3 you bloody well should.
                • 2-star Black Widow has to have her blue ability fixed, this goes for 3-star Spider Man and 3-star She Hulk and any other character with healing(Beast, etc.) These healing abilities used to be over already powered, but when they were rebalanced they became horrible abilities that are next to useless. These abilities could easily be reconfigured. My proposition is that all team-healing abilities(All healing except Wolverine 2, 3, and 4-star, Daken 2, and 3-star gold, and 3-star Deadpool) will introduce true-healing(healing that effects the game outside of battles) after a characters health bar is fully restored. For example, if 2-star Black Widow is on your team and you use her blue ability enough times to get your characters health bars filled with temporary-healing(healing limited to the current battle) then any temporary-health left over from the abilities use will add on to the characters true-health, replacing the equivalent of the remaining temporary-healing with the equivalent true-healing. These healing abilities can be balanced like this:

2-star Black Widow-
                  Blue ability(Level 5) bluetile.png
                  Stolen Stark tech increase enemy countdowns by 4. Gives a burst of 676 health to allies, plus 676 if there is no enemy Countdown tiles. If an ally has been fully healed, any remaing healing points will be added to their true-health points.

3-star Spider Man-
                  Yellow ability(Level 5) yellowtile.png
                  Spider-Man webs together some makeshift slings, giving his team a burst of 2712 health. If there are 3 web tiles, he removes to use as bandages, giving his team a burst of 1095 more health. If an ally has been fully healed, any remaing healing points will be added to their true-health points.

3-star She Hulk-
                  Green ability(Level 5) greentile.png
                  She-Hulk charges into battle, catching her foes off guard and giving allies a chance to rest. Reduces one color of the enemies' AP reserves to zero, and cuts a second color by 50 percent. Gives allies a burst of 787 health. If an ally has been fully healed, any remaing healing points will be added to their true-health points.

3-star Beast-
                  Dr. McCoy uses his medical triage skills to patch up the team before they rush back into battle. Gives a burst of 1564 health to allies. If there's a friendly Blue special tile on the board, he provides a gadget to aid them. 3 Yellow tiles become strength 69 Protect tiles. If an ally has been fully healed, any remaing healing points will be added to their true-health points.
                • BTW, is it anything problematic having a char with only 2 colors but 3 skills ?
                  If we imagine a character like Iceman, it would be fun having a char with a dubble blue skill and a 3rd one like :

blueflag.png (active)
                  blackflag.png (active)
                  blueflag.png (passive)

If we imagine something like this, blue color would be like 50% more powerful in the stats.
                • Nonce Equitaur 2
                    Mutagenic Breakthrough - 8 Blue bluetile.png
                    Hank has big plans for a genetic experiment that might lead to unpredictable results. Creates a 3 turn Blue Countdown in one of the 12 corner tiles that, when activated, converts 2-3 tiles a knight's move away into random special tiles with strength 22.
                      Level 2: Creates special tiles of strength 28 Level 3: Reduces to 2 turn countdown. Tile appears on central edge, converting 4 tiles a knight's move away. Level 4: Creates special tiles of strength 33 Level 5: Reduces to 1 turn countdown. Tile appears off the edge, converting 6-8 tiles a knight's move away.
                    Max Level: 8 strength 105 special tiles
                  • Pwuz_
                    Pieking7 wrote:
                    2-star Black Widow has to have her blue ability fixed, this goes for 3-star Spider Man and 3-star She Hulk and any other character with healing(Beast, etc.) These healing abilities used to be over already powered, but when they were rebalanced they became horrible abilities that are next to useless. These abilities could easily be reconfigured. My proposition is that all team-healing abilities(All healing except Wolverine 2, 3, and 4-star, Daken 2, and 3-star gold, and 3-star Deadpool) will introduce true-healing(healing that effects the game outside of battles) after a characters health bar is fully restored. For example, if 2-star Black Widow is on your team and you use her blue ability enough times to get your characters health bars filled with temporary-healing(healing limited to the current battle) then any temporary-health left over from the abilities use will add on to the characters true-health, replacing the equivalent of the remaining temporary-healing with the equivalent true-healing. These healing abilities can be balanced like this:

2-star Black Widow-
                    Blue ability(Level 5) bluetile.png
                    Stolen Stark tech increase enemy countdowns by 4. Gives a burst of 676 health to allies, plus 676 if there is no enemy Countdown tiles. If an ally has been fully healed, any remaing healing points will be added to their true-health points.

3-star Spider Man-
                    Spider-Man webs together some makeshift slings, giving his team a burst of 2712 health. If there are 3 web tiles, he removes to use as bandages, giving his team a burst of 1095 more health. If an ally has been fully healed, any remaing healing points will be added to their true-health points.

3-star She Hulk-
                    Green ability(Level 5) greentile.png
                    She-Hulk charges into battle, catching her foes off guard and giving allies a chance to rest. Reduces one color of the enemies' AP reserves to zero, and cuts a second color by 50 percent. Gives allies a burst of 787 health. If an ally has been fully healed, any remaing healing points will be added to their true-health points.

3-star Beast-
                    Dr. McCoy uses his medical triage skills to patch up the team before they rush back into battle. Gives a burst of 1564 health to allies. If there's a friendly Blue special tile on the board, he provides a gadget to aid them. 3 Yellow tiles become strength 69 Protect tiles. If an ally has been fully healed, any remaing healing points will be added to their true-health points.

So you're asking for them to give us back Prologue Healing, but make it longer?

I think turning these types of healing moves into shields that have to be broken before any true damage can be afflicted makes more sense. That way you can still use them at 100% health, but doesn't bring us back to the dark days of grinding prologue missions between matches to make sure our A-Team is at 100%.

Make it a single shared shield that takes ALL damage to a certain point. As a slight boost, make the final attack that breaks the shield have some additional effect like a % damage reflect. Though that should be a Level 5 skill for only one or two of these abilities.
                  • No opinion about my previous idea ? icon_mad.gif Cause it would be nice about reworking the lvl 140 3* guys. ^^
                  • Pwuz_
                    No opinion about my previous idea ? icon_mad.gif Cause it would be nice about reworking the lvl 140 3* guys. ^^

I don't think anyone disagrees with that. Personally I'm a big fan of the proposed "Paranoia" skill for Loki.
                    ErikPeter wrote:
                    greenflag.pngSpreading Paranoia 7 Green AP
                    Loki's lies provoke friend and foe alike, escalating the situation. Creates a 3-turn Paranoia countdown tile which, when activated, changes up to two random basic tiles into Paranoia countdown tiles if there are fewer than 6 on the board.
                    Level 2: Create two tiles. Maximum 8 tiles.
                    Level 5: Create 3 tiles. Maximum 10 tiles.
                    Level 4: Countdown tiles create one additional Paranoia countdown tile. Maximum 12 Paranoia tiles.
                    Level 5: Decreases countdown to 2.