Season VI - Starfall - Oct 8-10

Options
13»

Comments

• As expected this tourney has been a blood bath. It is funny that they only tempting targets are not fully green covered Sentries, despite who they are teamed with. I think the last five fights I ended up taking were 200+ Xforces with "non-ideal" covered Sentries.

I am not looking forward to going back into that pool, there are sharks lurking, and one bad cascade can ruin your day.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did they stealth patch the skip bonus or is this an anniversary "gift"? I am getting +60/+40/+20 bonus on new PVP nodes right now.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    orbitalint wrote:
    Did they stealth patch the skip bonus or is this an anniversary "gift"? I am getting +60/+40/+20 bonus on new PVP nodes right now.
    I think it's part of the anniversary as when I finished a match, the game exited and forced a restart.
  • kalirion wrote:
    Lol, I know this is going to jinx it to hell, but so far my BP-Hood-Sentry team has been attacked a total of 5 times, resulting in 5 defensive wins. Sentry is over 30 levels short of max, which might be what's making folks think it's worth the risk?

But boy does this team eat up health packs...

Yup, jinxing accomplished. Started being hit a lot after hitting 700, only winning about 1/3 of the fights. Well, I'll probably try to make do with a single 3 hour shield this time - get to 900 within 3 hours of end and shield to the end.
    GuiltTrip wrote:
    As expected this tourney has been a blood bath. It is funny that they only tempting targets are not fully green covered Sentries, despite who they are teamed with. I think the last five fights I ended up taking were 200+ Xforces with "non-ideal" covered Sentries.

I am not looking forward to going back into that pool, there are sharks lurking, and one bad cascade can ruin your day.

I don't bother checking the cover level of the Sentry. I mainly avoid Hoods, and a high level Daken might make me skip as well. Everyone else is fair game. Always satisfying (though healthpack expensive) to take down a maxed Sentry/Xforce/Fury team icon_e_smile.gif

True about cascades. I almost wiped to a loaner Sentry paired with maxed Patch / OBW!
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've tried a weird strategy this go-around that seems to be working out for me, mainly because I have a solid number of covers for Sentry, and was able to get into a soft bracket.

Started in yesterday evening by hitting 100 points, then leaving a defensive team of level 53 (boosted to 80) Sentry (4/3/2), level 1 Storm, level 1 Black Widow.

That was the last match I played for this PvP.

Unsurprisingly, the volume of attacks coming in has been ludicrous. My score wildly fluctuated between 150 and 300, sometimes even minute-to-minute.

Shielded this morning while roughly 280 points as an experiment.

I'm now sitting at 704.

I think I'm going to shield for the duration once my morning shield expires and call it good.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    If this is what really high-end PVP is like, I don't know how you guys stand it. It's just so tedious.

There's very little thinking required for "8 yellow, 7 green, I win!" beyond how quickly you can do it or how much damage you can start off a battle and still win.

Dave. You have concisely summed up every PVP for the elite player. Nothing to see here...just a higher level buffed Sentry.

In the current state of the game, sadly this is what it is. If the prospect of having to play every PVP like this doesn't appeal to u, id suggest finding something else that motivates u. Its different for everyone, but as long as it keeps the game fun...go for it. best of luck

marc

Hey DJ! since we're in the same bracket, would you mind reporting the player that's leading our bracket currently? Have a look at Middy1 from "Tenel Heros" and if you think his roster is ridiculous, do put in a report. I'm not going for first but would like a fairer top 5 since it looks like it's going to be a death bracket.

Icarus...RE Middy1, i believe that he/she is legit. Hes had that roster for a while now and hasnt been sandboxed yet, which leads me to believe that he paid for it.

RE who is curently leading the bracket, u may want to double check that... icon_cool.gif Ive been seeded w Middy1 in brackets before and have comfortably bested him by hundreds each time.

Happy grinding and good luck closing out S6.

marc
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GUYS GUYS GUYS
    1200 progression award for anniversary events is black deadpool
    1100 progression award for tex-mex is purple deadpool.
    TLDR: screw top 5 in starfall if it's ridiculous if all you need is 1 more black cover!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the other hand, top 5 now gives 10000 iso. icon_eek.gif
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Youre welcome for the double hit Locked. Unfortuantely one of those was before I reshielded...
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    Icarus...RE Middy1, i believe that he/she is legit. Hes had that roster for a while now and hasnt been sandboxed yet, which leads me to believe that he paid for it.

RE who is curently leading the bracket, u may want to double check that... icon_cool.gif Ive been seeded w Middy1 in brackets before and have comfortably bested him by hundreds each time.

Happy grinding and good luck closing out S6.

marc

Will take your word for it, if he did pay for that roster, it is a collection of really badly specced heroes - whale is one thing but spending badly is just suspicious in my books.

This has already been a very profitable season for me - have made top 5 and have been profitable or break even in all pvp events this season so its all good. Only problem is i'm flying during pvp the end time so will have to put in a good score before catching my plane and hope they don't have the inclination to catch up.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2014
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    On the other hand, top 5 now gives 10000 iso. icon_eek.gif

Wanted that 10k, 972 is the best I can do. So tired of buffed sentry/Ldaken/Hood........ icon_e_sad.gif

Just kidding, 1108, maybe top 10?

1149, hope it holds, 9th atm

10th, lucky me icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm so glad I waited until this morning to waft over 700 - that extra 1000 ISO was more than welcome icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Shielded for the duration at 1003. Don't plan on unshielding (I'll be headed to bed soon anyway). Hadn't planned on going that high, but I had 15 minutes left and a bunch of high-point nodes lined up. Feel free to hit me, though I'm near maxed Daken-Hood.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Reached 1100 for the first time! Hoping I'm done for the night and it will keep me in top 10, but 11th is currently 1004 so I'm guessing I'll have to line up a few matches at the end.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finished 1344 hopping to hold on to top 10.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    raek13 wrote:
    Youre welcome for the double hit Locked. Unfortuantely one of those was before I reshielded...
    Sorry, can I add you over Line so that I can ask in future? I try not to hit Line contacts unshielded.

LstHwn of mega active, pardon me for hogging 1st. Wanted to help the alliance secure t10 for the iso, not realizing that one of ours had a shield bug that prevented that. I would happily sit in 2nd otherwise.
  • Was able to stay #7 at (after a couple of defensive wins) 1019 - #6 was ~1350 so I think I made the right call. All I need is a red and a black and my Deadpool is cover-maxed, and I'm getting at least one of those from anniversary season, it looks like.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Its not a big deal.. I know I'm not a tremendously active member on the forums, it just always seems when I get hit unshielded it's by someone I recognize from here, lol.
  • That was rough, but a 'rewarding' experience... Finally got my sentry cover maxed and nearly level maxed. First time doing the sentry bombing thing and wow... I see why people do it. Mindlessly effective. Got to 1600+ easily my highest score ever and barely made top5

Btw...what are line contacts?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    unco_dan wrote:
    That was rough, but a 'rewarding' experience... Finally got my sentry cover maxed and nearly level maxed. First time doing the sentry bombing thing and wow... I see why people do it. Mindlessly effective. Got to 1600+ easily my highest score ever and barely made top5

Btw...what are line contacts?
    Line is a free messenger/chat app for all platforms that many of MPQ players use. It's better than the in-game chat. Just google search for 'line' and you will easily find it.