Season VI - Starfall - Oct 8-10

Options

Comments

• Lol, I know this is going to jinx it to hell, but so far my BP-Hood-Sentry team has been attacked a total of 5 times, resulting in 5 defensive wins. Sentry is over 30 levels short of max, which might be what's making folks think it's worth the risk?

But boy does this team eat up health packs...
  • I'm getting a bunch of defensive wins, too - and my team is all 153s (Sentry boosted to 230, I guess), but I think most of who I'm getting wins off of is 2* teams.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm getting a bunch of defensive wins, too - and my team is all 153s (Sentry boosted to 230, I guess), but I think most of who I'm getting wins off of is 2* teams.

I've been getting a bunch too, with lvl 94 (boosted to 141) Sentry, 94 BP, and 94 (Hulk/Hood/OBW/Whoever else I slot in). And when I check who lost, it's rosters of 166s.

Sentry is fun. Or Tanking is in full force. Or both.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    What a horrific event this is! Not even Hood can save me from being blown up here. Beware those unassuming redtile.png matches, 5 Supernova lurks in the shadows...
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm getting a bunch of defensive wins, too - and my team is all 153s (Sentry boosted to 230, I guess), but I think most of who I'm getting wins off of is 2* teams.
    This has been bothering me for a while--why are all your characters leveled up to 153? Lucky number? Or just don't think the last 13 levels are worth the ISO?
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    This has been bothering me for a while--why are all your characters leveled up to 153? Lucky number? Or just don't think the last 13 levels are worth the ISO?

Maybe he's saving ISO to be able to level his entire 3/4* Roster to 154 in one shot? icon_e_smile.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    If this is what really high-end PVP is like, I don't know how you guys stand it. It's just so tedious.

There's very little thinking required for "8 yellow, 7 green, I win!" beyond how quickly you can do it or how much damage you can start off a battle and still win.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    If this is what really high-end PVP is like, I don't know how you guys stand it. It's just so tedious.

There's very little thinking required for "8 yellow, 7 green, I win!" beyond how quickly you can do it or how much damage you can start off a battle and still win.

Dave. You have concisely summed up every PVP for the elite player. Nothing to see here...just a higher level buffed Sentry.

In the current state of the game, sadly this is what it is. If the prospect of having to play every PVP like this doesn't appeal to u, id suggest finding something else that motivates u. Its different for everyone, but as long as it keeps the game fun...go for it. best of luck

marc
  • HairyDave wrote:

Have fun and play around with different compositions during the climb to 800/900. But once you hit that point yes it's strictly business with the above mentality.

There is that one guy I always see who sticks with the Colossus/GSBW combo though so props to him for at least going with something different!
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

Dave. You have concisely summed up every PVP for the elite player. Nothing to see here...just a higher level buffed Sentry.

In the current state of the game, sadly this is what it is. If the prospect of having to play every PVP like this doesn't appeal to u, id suggest finding something else that motivates u. Its different for everyone, but as long as it keeps the game fun...go for it. best of luck

marc

Hey DJ! since we're in the same bracket, would you mind reporting the player that's leading our bracket currently? Have a look at Middy1 from "Tenel Heros" and if you think his roster is ridiculous, do put in a report. I'm not going for first but would like a fairer top 5 since it looks like it's going to be a death bracket.
  • Whew. Just broke 1300pts. I wasted huge amount of HP just because of shieldhopping and staying shielded ever since I got over 700pts. I didn't want to lose too much points while going for that black XForce. Luckily after 900pts I saw so many X-men with 1700-2000pts that it was ridiculous. I just shieldhopped 2-3 battles worth 40-50pts each and eventually reached my goal in no time.

Now I'm #1 in a bracket that seems not to be of a death kind. So I'm happy. I'd like that blue IW but she ain't worth the hassle to be honest. Unless it's a tight competition for top5 I won't break shield anymore. Getting that XForce was worth it already.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I level my "varsity team" (which is essentially everyone capable of hitting whatever level it's at, which is currently 153) all together. Every five levels I take a break to do side-projects, like leveling up some of the underleveled 2*s, or 3*s who get more covers in the interim. I'm been doing it since about level 75. This batch will go to 155, then I"ll level up Doc Ock to 102, and Deadpool to whatever he can reach, and the 60th level 2*s to 70th, and anything else that comes up once I cash in 700 or so tokens next weekend, and then take the varsity team (minus Captain Marvel, who soft caps at 153) up from 155 to 160 .
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    icon_e_confused.gif Are people looking for new records...!? I have seen some scores on this one, that I need at least three tourneys to do that.
  • Houtro wrote:
    :? Are people looking for new records...!? I have seen some scores on this one, that I need at least three tourneys to do that.

There's a bunch of things conspiring together on this one:

1. High demand rewards
    2. Featured character a lot of people want the 1100 cover for
    3. Featured character all the crazy players have maxed already
    4. Featured character who's broken to begin with, then boosted, so there aren't really unwinnable matches, just unlucky ones, for the top people
    5. Last event of the season; people trying to cement their season scores

It's also why some of us that really could use that black cover are only aiming for top 25.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Houtro wrote:
    :? Are people looking for new records...!? I have seen some scores on this one, that I need at least three tourneys to do that.

There's a bunch of things conspiring together on this one:

1. High demand rewards
    2. Featured character a lot of people want the 1100 cover for
    3. Featured character all the crazy players have maxed already
    4. Featured character who's broken to begin with, then boosted, so there aren't really unwinnable matches, just unlucky ones, for the top people
    5. Last event of the season; people trying to cement their season scores

It's also why some of us that really could use that black cover are only aiming for top 25.
    Xmen collectively going for 2500+ has nothing to do with any of the above. Guess they're making a statement again.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Xmen collectively going for 2500+ has nothing to do with any of the above. Guess they're making a statement again.

Add it as #6 then, I guess. My sharding tends to keep me away from X-Men brackets.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Been away from the game for a couple of hours, was sat on 540 unshielded and expected my accidental defensive team of level 66 Sentry, 2* Johnny, 2* Thor to have taken a bit of a pounding.

Lo and behold, +8 icon_e_surprised.gif

Have since lost about 20 points but this is miles better than expected. Come on the 600
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I level my "varsity team" (which is essentially everyone capable of hitting whatever level it's at, which is currently 153) all together. Every five levels I take a break to do side-projects, like leveling up some of the underleveled 2*s, or 3*s who get more covers in the interim. I'm been doing it since about level 75. This batch will go to 155, then I"ll level up Doc Ock to 102, and Deadpool to whatever he can reach, and the 60th level 2*s to 70th, and anything else that comes up once I cash in 700 or so tokens next weekend, and then take the varsity team (minus Captain Marvel, who soft caps at 153) up from 155 to 160 .
    Interesting way to go. What I do is anytime a character is featured (they have a PVP tournament, buffed character in a PVE event, or one of the lightning round characters), I'll give them a level. That way I still am helping out characters in my roster that I don't use as much when they might be necessary for a Heroic or something, but can still put most of my ISO toward the characters I prefer to play.
  • I am sitting at 761 with a L230 buffed sentry, L130 Lthor and L158 Ldaken

I have not been attacked once. Considering someone here says he was attacked by having all L153s, I wont be surprised the only ones that will attack me are full 166 teams who decided to make a late push with <8hrs to go.

My theory also says top players have started run much sooner than usual to reach 4 digit, so there isnt much top roster lurking beneath to hunting for weak 166 teams like myself.

I have queued up someone who has 2434 pts. I'm waiting <8hrs to make a run above 800 then shielding. I'm hoping 800+ is enough for top 25 as it is usually consistent each event. Might need some luck too as this is last PvP of the season so anything can happen
  • This is a rough tournament... Running 4/4/1 Sentry leveled up to the cap plus 166 5/3/5 BP and 166 5/5/3 Hood. Matches are relatively fast and brutal to both teams. I don't think I've ever eaten healthpacks as quickly outside of monster-scaled PvE. Jealous of maxed Sentry's and LDaken's, my LDaken is pretty unusable still (something like 1/2/3 and leveled to the cap). For folks used to running Sentry, is there a way to win fast and minimize health loss in this tournament without having a usable LDaken or without burning boosts every match?