Season VI - Starfall - Oct 8-10

Options
Let's see if I can do this correctly on the first try since it's been a few hours…

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png, redflag.pngpurpleflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png, redflag.pngpurpleflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, purpleflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, purpleflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_daken.pngblueflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, blueflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200. 250 iso8.png
300. Recruit Token
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. icon_blackwidow.png OBW purpleflag.png
600. 25 imcoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 imcoin.png
900. Recruit Token
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. icon_sentry.pngyellowflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. icon_wolverine.png X-Force blackflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png 250 imcoin.png, icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, purpleflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, purpleflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, purpleflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, purpleflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Comments

• Ugh... So many max Sentries between me and Deadpool covers.

The season ender too?

Double ugh....
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When was the last time DP covers were given out? Seems like it's been 2 months ....
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Weapon Tex-Mex ran...mid-season V? Maybe?

I am not looking forward to denying red for two straight days, but I really want my very own pet whales.
  • This is going to be a nightmare, I need 2 red, 2 purple, 1 black, but I suspect I'll settle for top 25, unless top 5 looks more inviting than usual. Given the featured nightmare, the popularity of the character, the lack of events for him, and the ages it's been since the last time he had an event, I think settling will be the order of the day.
  • My Sentry is relatively low level, and has only 3 in Yellow.

My Daken only has 3 in Purple.

Yeah, I don't think I'm getting the 1100 cover...

Hmm, hypothetical idea for defense team: Hood, Sentry, 0/5/1 IM 40 icon_e_smile.gif
    Weapon Tex-Mex ran...mid-season V? Maybe?

I am not looking forward to denying red for two straight days, but I really want my very own pet whales.

Just save some of those purple TUs you'll find. Make for a nice emergency escape at the cost of 9-10 day's worth of whale points.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    When was the last time DP covers were given out? Seems like it's been 2 months ....

Exactly two months - Weapon Tex Mex ran 8/8 to 8/10.

I was on vacation for the Deadpool stuff, so getting at least one cover in him will complete my roster of 3*s. That being said, I'm not going to get an ulcer over this, I'll settle for whatever I get.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:

It was a category 5 tourney that got so insane that I needed 1600 to get top 5... and that was without a boosted Sentry. Ugh!
  • I took one look at this and sighed. This will be awful.

I'm going to give OBW blurple boosts up the wazoo and hope she can keep Sentry away from his skills.

On a related power-sapping note, IT WOULD BE JUST GREAT IF I COULD FIND A HOOD BLUE COVER AT SOME POINT, MPQ. Just sayin'.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is time to take up the call to arms with the power of one million exploding suns. The buffed Sentry with 15136 health will lead the charge against all attackers.
    In MPQ sentry is most know for his shield hopping ability with World Rupture and sacrifice. Now that he is buffed this combination will be more like Wuxi Finger Hold. The other team goes SKADOOSH!! Not even Hulk can survive the Buffed up Wuxi Finger Hold!!
    Sentry has 2 really good friends in Hood and LDaken who just make shield hopping easier, but for this post let’s take a look at how you can defend against the Wuxi Finger Hold, I mean World Rupture.

#1 buy some time- OBW boosts blue, steals blue and if she does not get squished from match damage can extend the CD tiles of WR giving you the opportunity to minimize the damage. icon_e_biggrin.gif

#2 Duck and Cover- Spiderman and Falcon. What 2 support characters with no offensive abilities? Yes you match purple and then yellow. You deny Sentry Sacrifice and let WR go off. You watch your enemy kill themselves while you lose 1 HP per CD. icon_twisted.gif

#2a Duck and Cover- Cmags emergency parachute. So you have killed of Spiderman and falcon with your own WR and want to have a just in case. Boost yellow and match 2 yellows and pray you get WR off first. If you don’t you can throw down corrosive field and pray you have enough protection to survive. icon_e_wink.gif

#3-The suicide squad- This team has no rainbow, would only be good in Combined Arms or BOP, and gives no defense to the Wuxi Finger Hold but looks like a lot of fun to play. Sentry, Ares, Juggs. They will all do self damage and kill themselves trying to kill you enemy. icon_cool.gif

#4 the mighty 2*- MMN and CStorm. Boost blue/purple and attack purple like crazy. Get Sentry stunned and hope you can get your own WR off first. If not... icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_sad.gif

#5 The ultimate Sentry counter-….Doc Ock…. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif …. Just kidding

How will you protect yourself from the Wuxi Finger Hold?
  • Well I am having terrible luck with this pvp even though I have maxed sentry. This is just the kind of match up where your skills matter less because enemy can just simply cascade into the cheap powers and **** you over. Higher level Sentry fights are impossible without Hood, and 50% of the times, that isn't enough either.
  • My preferred partners for my 2/1/1 Sentry are OBW and Daken (Dark Avengers).

OBW: Prioritise stealing opponent G/R/Y tiles. Heal to extend or prolong health before health packs become necessary
    Daken: For cheap shots with blue skill, self-healing is always a plus.
    Sentry: WR + Sacrifice usually clears 2/3 of opponent team.

I never play against maxed out Sentry + Hood teams though, they'll tear me a new one faster than I can say "confirmation bias"!
  • I've been using X-Force/Lazy Daken, though I'm still mainly fighting 2* teams at this point. I'll switch X-Force to Hood when I start fighting the higher-level matches.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how to set up my team so they won't be total jokes on defense. Usually I use a level 114 LThor, but Thor and Sentry are a really bad combination. And my 2* Daken is 5/1/5 (3* has no levels of Pheromone Rage), so not exactly the scariest opponent. Hm.
  • wymtime
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how to set up my team so they won't be total jokes on defense. Usually I use a level 114 LThor, but Thor and Sentry are a really bad combination. And my 2* Daken is 5/1/5 (3* has no levels of Pheromone Rage), so not exactly the scariest opponent. Hm.

Falcon and Spiderman!! Or Falcon and Bullseye. Your Sentry can survive WR and counter with his own!! icon_twisted.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    "That's strange, this 'wymtime' person seems to have beaten me 44,207 times this PvP."
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Reality is Sentry can nuke everything offensively, so you're really just looking for irritants defensively. Hood (even underleveled if you have lots of blue), OBW, CStorm, Daken are all irritating. If you can, avoid pairing a red. Supernova's obviously more powerful defensively since AI team damage means little, so you want to make sure AI prioritizes it.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Hood would be a no-brainer if the game would give me even a single blue, but I don't think AI Twin Pistols/Intimidation is a very good bet. Leaning toward OBW/Storm.
  • Hood would be a no-brainer if the game would give me even a single blue, but I don't think AI Twin Pistols/Intimidation is a very good bet. Leaning toward OBW/Storm.

I'm in the same boat - would love a blue Hood cover. But Buddha says we must suffer.
  • wymtime
    Options
    in the last 3-6 hours expect to see a lot of Sentry, Hood, Daken teams. You might see some X-Force instead of Daken, but Hood while low health will allow you to steal AP to win quickly.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    I joined in the very last day of Season V, so I'm excited to be pretty close to my first 10 pack! I'm at 3864 at the moment and only on 253 in this event, so I have plenty of leeway in getting around 100 points here and a few more in Sim, or the other way round. icon_e_smile.gif

EDIT: Annd... done!
    :star:star.png :
    icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_thor.pngredflag.png
    icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
    icon_magneto.pngblueflag.png
    icon_ares.pngredflag.png
    icon_moonstone.pngpurpleflag.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png :
    icon_hood.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_ironman.pngredflag.png

Not too bad! Dunno why there were so many Cap yellows though(would have preferred red or blue)! The first 5 were all 2* though, so it was a bit unnerving at the start, but then got 3 gold ones in a row.