*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

Comments

• Maybe you triggered his Anger again bro.

Nope, the large sniped circle was clear except for the two Anger tiles in the middle.

Later the sniper fire also ignored my own Hawkeye's purple countdown tiles.

Maybe its not all special tiles but countdowns that are immune to Sniper Rifle?
  • Make sure to target Sniper well. Is yours maxed?
    Maxed Sniper Rifle clears 25 tiles in the following pattern:

yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png
    yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png
    blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.png
    blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.png
    blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.png
    yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png
    yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png
    yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png

The crosshair can be moved where you want it.

So if you happened to have Anger tiles outside the pattern, no wonder they weren't removed.
  • Levels 1-2 clear fewer tiles, but I forget what the pattern looks like...
  • Definitely clears them, just got rid of all but one anger and all of Hawkeye speedshots
  • locked wrote:
    Make sure to target Sniper well. Is yours maxed?
    Maxed Sniper Rifle clears 25 tiles in the following pattern:

blacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.png
    yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png

The crosshair can be moved where you want it.

So if you happened to have Anger tiles outside the pattern, no wonder they weren't removed.

Ah, I didn't know the pattern, thanks! They must have fallen within the 4 inner areas which aren't cleared.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    locked wrote:
    Levels 1-2 clear fewer tiles, but I forget what the pattern looks like...

Like this:

yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Planning around those dead spaces in Sniper Rifle is one of my favorite features of the move. It always feels like an accomplishment to use the full destructive power of it while dodging my own special tiles & taking out my opponents
    icon_lol.gif
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Planning around those dead spaces in Sniper Rifle is one of my favorite features of the move. It always feels like an accomplishment to use the full destructive power of it while dodging my own special tiles & taking out my opponents
    icon_lol.gif

I used to try that, and then I got Call the Storm.
  • Pwuz_
    Phantron wrote:
    I used to try that, and then I got Call the Storm.

As my Sniper Rifle is only at 4 covers right now, CoS is a better option overall. Too bad my L.Thor is only at level 81, despite his 5 Green covers.
  • It'd be really nice if they overlay the targetting patterns of moves so you don't have to memorize it, especially for something as big as Sniper Rifle.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Something I've been wondering is does the entire sniper shot need to take place on the board for maximum damage (not including cascades)?
    Occassionally, if I have a lot of special tiles on the board when I take the shot I wonder if I can avoid clearing them by firing in a corner. Never been confident to try it on my own though.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sniper Rifle does added damage per tile hit to the main target do not landing the entire reticle on the board will have you lose out on some of that added damage.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Just to be clear, if I aim at a corner piece, it will still do 3912 damage (at level 5) to all enemies, correct?
    I wasn't sure if that would affect that damage dealt, maybe decreasing it by the percent of the shot taking place off-board.
  • Pwuz_
    Just to be clear, if I aim at a corner piece, it will still do 3912 damage (at level 5) to all enemies, correct?
    I wasn't sure if that would affect that damage dealt, maybe decreasing it by the percent of the shot taking place off-board.

Pretty sure you just lose out on the extra damage to your target above and beyond the base damage. Since mine is only at Level 4 right now, I won't be testing that until I can push farther into the Gauntlet.
  • Moves that destroy tiles will usually (I want to say always but there's probably an exception somewhere) do that tile's damage based on whoever used the move, so Sniper Rifle will do 3912 damage to everyone plus whatever the damage of the tile it destroyed to whoever is currently targeted. Since it destroys a ton of of tiles, that's not a trivial amount to waste.
  • Pwuz_
    Agreed, however if it's the difference between destroying a few of your own special tiles and losing out on 3-6 tiles along the edge of the screen, it's not a bad trade off.

More than that can lose out on a lot of damage, especially if the tiles in question are Green, Purple, or Red.
  • Her redflag.png ability reminds me of Hood's yellowflag.png ability, but no AP generation. Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking away the ability damage and have it generate AP instead. @ lvl 5, 17 redtile.png for three 3x3 AP generating shots? 2 words: COME ON! I know it's been said before but still....
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the escalating cost, Black Widow's worst power makes itself unusable as covers are added. Most have 3 covers, for a cost of 14 redtile.png , so I've raised the initial cost but removed the cost increases and added some AP collection.
      Pistol - redtile.png 14
      Black Widow fires 1 shots at the board, clearing a block of tiles, dealing damage for each tile and an additional 118 damage to the current target. Does not generate AP.
        Level 2: Fires 2 shots. Level 3: Target size increased, destroying 2x3 tiles. Level 4: Fires 3 shots. Also collects any
      redtile.png AP destroyed.
      Level 5: Target size increased, destroying 3x3 tiles. Also collects any greentile.png AP destroyed.
    • turul
      turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
      Can anyone contribute Sinper Rifle patterns for all cover levels?
    • Kolence
      Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
      edited November 2015
      turul wrote:
      Can anyone contribute Sinper Rifle patterns for all cover levels?
      You'll find the pretty pictures here (level 3-5) and here (level 1-2)