** Daken (Dark Avengers) **

Trisul
Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in Character Details
icon_daken.pngDaken (Dark Avengers) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Pheremone Rage
Power Cost - 0 purpletile.png

Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage.

Character Level 15:
    Power Level 1 - Whenever anyone makes a greentile.png match, a redtile.png changes into a (3 strength) redtile.pngstrike.png.
    Power Level 2 - 6 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.
    Power Level 3 - 7 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.
    Power Level 4 - 8 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.
    Power Level 5 - 9 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.

Character Level 94:
      Power Level 3 - Whenever anyone makes a greentile.png match, a redtile.png changes into a (34 strength) redtile.pngstrike.png.
      Power Level 4 - 40 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.
      Power Level 5 - 46 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.

Healing & Heat
      Power Cost - 0 blacktile.png

Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover his health, but the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in.

Power Level 1 - Recovers 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 8 bluetile.png on the board, he loses 3% of his health instead.
        Power Level 2 - Heals 4% per turn.
        Power Level 3 - 7 blue tiles to avoid losing health.
        Power Level 4 - Heals 5% per turn.
        Power Level 5 - 6 blue tiles to avoid losing health.

Chemical Reaction
        Power Cost - 5 bluetile.png

Daken springs a trap, but his addiction to "Heat" threatens to push him over the edge.

Character Level 15:
          Power Level 1 - Deals 100 damage, changes 2 bluetile.png into greentile.png and up to 2 friendly strike.png change into basic tiles (dealing 50 damage each).
          Power Level 2 - strike.png deal 54 damage.
          Power Level 3 - strike.png deal 58 damage.
          Power Level 4 - Up to 3 friendly strike.png.
          Power Level 5 - Up to 4 friendly strike.png that deal 73 damage.

Character Level 94:
            Power Level 3 - Deals 515 damage, changes 2 bluetile.png into greentile.png and up to 2 friendly strike.png change into basic tiles (dealing 296 damage each).
            Power Level 4 - Up to 3 friendly strike.png.
            Power Level 5 - Up to 4 friendly strike.png that deal 373 damage.

Last Major Update: 2014-09 / Earlier Discussion

Original post:
            With r60, Daken's tile strengths are changing from Green, Black, Purple to Blue, Black, Purple in some order.

Since he won't be able to tank green for Torch anymore, I certainly hope it's not Black > Purple > Blue, since he would then be unable to tank purple and blue for OBW.
            Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Hah. Welcome to the new lil'Daken - aWolvie world. There is now a "correct" way to start playing - max both these characters and you have sustainable, decently powered characters.
            • By the way since 5 purple doesn't spit two strike tiles anymore, this is almost certainly going to be used as 3/5/5 with a 5/5/3 astonishing wolverine for max strike tiles that baby Daken can then gobble gobble.
            • yogi_
              yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
              The right side of his right shoe (as seen from his profile in your roster).

That is all.
            • Dayv
              Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
              The pointy bit? I think it's curved around the back of his leg.
            • Trisul wrote:
              Since he won't be able to tank green for Torch anymore, I certainly hope it's not Black > Purple > Blue, since he would then be unable to tank purple and blue for OBW.
              If you pair him with OBW, which I assume will be in situations where you can use all 3 of your characters (otherwise it's rather weak duo), you will certainly don't want Daken tanking anything. OBW have to make matches for her black passive to work, and that is extremely important for denying the 3 colours, getting Recon in 2 3matches if enemy had purple on them and for pretty nice damage boost that double dips on strike tiles.

As for build, 5 in blue is only good if you pair him with Wolvie, but with anyone else or in 3 teams I'm not sure if I would level it past 3, he no longer generates 2 strike tiles per match after all.
            • MarcusGraves
              MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
              Nivrax wrote:

As for build, 5 in blue is only good if you pair him with Wolvie, but with anyone else or in 3 teams I'm not sure if I would level it past 3, he no longer generates 2 strike tiles per match after all.

yeah but with PH not making 2 strike tiles anymore the damage ramp up with it is much slower and weaker so you might as well take the potential 2007 damage max chemical reaction, also in the realm of 2 star characters the only good blue powers are wind storm and anti grav device. chem reaction is usable every 2 matches, will do 1261 damage with just 2 strike tiles which isn't bad for 5 blue and you're essentially turning blues into green for your board for someone like ares or thor.

might see sometimes for 2 star teams magneto/daken/thor after R60. magneto makes blue's for daken with purple, daken turns blues into greens for thor, thunder strike can possibly cause multiple green matches to fuel chem reaction with strike tiles and eventually leads into call the storm. only concern is if daken's blue and purple match damage at 94 (since he will have a 3rd power) will be enough to tank for 2 star mag.
            • Phaserhawk
              Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
              Yeah he pretty much requires a 5/5/3 build, although 5/4/4 isn't bad either. While you could attempt 5/3/5, in order to max this you need 4 strike tiles, that's going to require 4 green matches, plus the 2 blue matches, or 6 turns.

Chemical Reaction Max Damage and all assuming 4 Daken strike tiles out

Level 3: 1107 + 46x2=1199
              Level 4: 1404 + 46 = 1450
              Level 5: 2007

As you can see, for a 2* a Level 5 Chemical Reaction hurts. If you only have a 2* only lineup, a 5/3/5 Daken might be your best option as with no other blue user you won't be matching as much blue, thus Heat won't hurt you as much
            • Trisul
              Nivrax wrote:
              If you pair him with OBW, which I assume will be in situations where you can use all 3 of your characters (otherwise it's rather weak duo), you will certainly don't want Daken tanking anything. OBW have to make matches for her black passive to work, and that is extremely important for denying the 3 colours, getting Recon in 2 3matches if enemy had purple on them and for pretty nice damage boost that double dips on strike tiles.

The reason I like a purple > blue > black Daken is that you have the OPTION based on position whether you want Daken to tank or OBW to tank. For instance, you might want Daken to tank easier matchups so he can just regen, and then switch OBW when you need her passive against tougher opponents.

I've downloaded r60, and Daken's new color strengths are indeed Black > Purple > Blue. Darn.

I definitely agree with Phaserhawk that 5 in blue seems like the optimal way to go (2k damage for 5 BLUE ap is too good to pass up, even at cost of strike tiles). Maybe this will even bring 2* Wolvie out of retirement for 2* teams to feed Daken strike tiles.
            • Trisul
              I should add that the official notes in IceIX's post appear to be slightly wrong.

Daken's heal is now based on Blue tiles instead of Yellow, but 6+ tiles will still heal him, not 7+ like the notes suggest.
            • trat73
              trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
              Would it be wise to sell a lvl 78 DA Daken and invest the iso and HP in his 3 star counterpart? Personally I have ***Daken at 2/4/1 and with the 450 HP from selling **Daken, plus what I have already, I could add one cover. What do you guys think? What color cover would you add? Thanks!
            • I decided to sell my 2* Daken after verifying Chemical Reaction was in the PvP awards for a match. Figure 450 HP is > 40k ISO to level a new Daken should that become necessary. Took me about 2 weeks to fully cover HT after they added his covers, figure about the same here.
            • yogi_
              yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
              A fully covered, fully levelled 5/5 Daken is selling for 450HP? Any ISO?

Hmm. Mine is fully covered but no ISO in it.

Are you saying that were I to put the 45370 ISO into him, I could sell him now for 450HP? I could actually use the HP and together with my current HP, I could get another roster slot.

If this is correct, do people think it would be a good / useful strategy or just not worth it?
            • Mawtful
              Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
              Just to add some more numbers to this discussion.
              My 2* Daken is currently level 65 (5/5/0). I can sell, as is, for 14003 ISO and 350 HP. It will cost me 15855 ISO to level to 78. So for a "spend" of ~1850 ISO I can get an extra 100 HP, which I think sounds worth it.

I don't really have a need for HP now, and I can't even think of a time that 2* Daken was required for a PvE event.
              I might just wait another day or so until the end of the current PvE.
            • MarcusGraves
              MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
              i just sold him cause i get 28k ISO and 500 HP out of it which is another slot and ISO to push some of my 3 stars up more. I think he's pretty gutted now since max PH doesn't make 2 tiles anymore which really hurts him and slows the damage chemical reaction can do.

I would sell and focus on the ***daken if you have a good amount of covers for him.
            • Personally, I won't be selling mine; 450 HP is very nice but at this point I need ISO much more than HP, and I don't feel like leveling him anew. Every drop of ISO counts now with Fury and X-Force demanding resources.
            • Those that are planning dropping out covers in favor of Blue, I recommend first test 'new' Daken. On his own, it's actually not that easy to get 4 or 5 strike tiles to stick on board. He generate them at halved rate, 2* have loads of underpowered red skills which means AI will be clearing them when you deny more threatening colours and when I finally had 5 strike tiles, I also often would had enough Blue for 2 reactions.

Irrevelant if you use Wolvie ofc since the loop they create seems way more potent.
            • hhmm, how would you guys recommend a (new) build for 2* daken, since that there is a 3rd blue skill now ? I read around randomly and there are people who said 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 ? HHmm, IMO i feel 5Black is good. So i may want to go for 4/5/4. But someone mentioned for lvl 5 Blue, with 4 strike tiles out min, can deal around 2k damage. That's quite a lot. And since that his purple no longer create 2* strike titles out at lvl5, which makes me wonder the builds. And of cause not to mention his strongest color changed, i.e. cannot tank green for whoever.
            • Did anyone get a Daken blue cover?

I don't think they add it to the tokens yet

I opened nearly 100 base and heroic tokens after updating and the only Daken covers I got were black and purple (-.-')
            • y2fitzy
              y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
              I got one from the prologue mission where they Daken purple and black covers were the old rewards, they've added a blue cover in there now
            • Yes he's in all tokens now and drops as a reward in Versus, got a blue cover from playing Versus.