X-men and the mpq community

Options
2»

Comments

• Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't come around here enough or play at a high enough level to keep up with the forum drama, but it seems to me that a lot of shield hopping tactics X-Men get hated on for inflate scores to such a level that casual players can't compete for even the mediocre single 3* covers.

This game has gotten really grindy recently, and I'm finding that if I'm not willing to devote a huge amount of time, I may as well not play at all. So I'm not going to heap praise on anyone for taking advantage of a flawed system to drive scores up.

It isn't X-Mens fault the system enables abuse from whales.

I also find that X-Men having high scores to jump off of is less useful than seeing X-Men in my bracket, then automatically giving up on my chances of obtaining high end rewards.
  • Dauthi wrote:
    I don't come around here enough or play at a high enough level to keep up with the forum drama, but it seems to me that a lot of shield hopping tactics X-Men get hated on for inflate scores to such a level that casual players can't compete for even the mediocre single 3* covers.

This game has gotten really grindy recently, and I'm finding that if I'm not willing to devote a huge amount of time, I may as well not play at all. So I'm not going to heap praise on anyone for taking advantage of a flawed system to drive scores up.

It isn't X-Mens fault the system enables abuse from whales.

I also find that X-Men having high scores to jump off of is less useful than seeing X-Men in my bracket, then automatically giving up on my chances of obtaining high end rewards.

Like I said, they're taking advantage of a flawed system. And by "they," I don't mean the X-Men specifically, because I wouldn't know an X-Man if he slapped me in the face. I mean anyone using coordinated shield hops. And I agree, it isn't the fault of the people taking advantage of it. It's the fault of the people that designed the system. My problems are with the PvP system itself, not the people that benefit from it.

But scores are inflated, and like most other forms of inflation, it hits the people at the low end harder than those at the top. A couple of months ago, scoring 500 points over 3 days was enough to get me in to the top 100 and make a little progress. Today, the same amount of time and effort barely gets me in to the top 200.

It's not that I just see an X-Man and give up, because, again, I wouldn't know who I'm looking for, and I'm not looking at who's in the top 20 anyway. I'm looking at my own progress and watching it grind to a halt.
  • I'm not at the point where I could actually hit one of the X-Men in PvP yet, but I ran into a bunch of them in Balance Of Power and I eagerly await the day my 166 roster is ready. icon_lol.gif
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's strange this is still an issue. X-Men is a brand. A franchise. They are a group of 60-100 different players who all play this game more than most of you do and some of these guys are actual adults with jobs that pay real life people money which they may use in this game. And why the hell not if MPQ is going to take up 3-10 hours of their day? There may be some suspicion, as is the case with prominent leagues, but they aren't all pulling a Lance Armstrong here. When you have a successful alliance that places well in a tournament the rewards are awesome and very beneficial especially when you need to shield or level up characters. If anything they should have stopped at X3 or X4 and kept only the strongest mofo's with the strongest rosters and get rid of the ones who feel lucky to be a part of something.
  • Neither love nor hate. They can do whatever they like. Just as some others said already, I don't get why anyone would invest so much time and money, but that's their own problem.

I'm one of those who enjoys the juicy points they offer (though there are plenty of other juicy alliances), but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't recognise most of their names because I really don't care what team an opponent plays for, especially when shield-hopping.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    Rico Dredd wrote:
    I really don't care what team an opponent plays for, especially when shield-hopping.

Actually, taking note of what alliance the opponent is in can be beneficial when shield-hopping. If I find an x-men that's currently at 30 points, I don't skip any further because by the time I'm ready to hit him, he'd be a 40 point target. If I find a juicy target that's from an unknown alliance, by the time I hit him, the points might actually be lower because he didn't shield-hop properly. This has happened before so I'm not exaggerating.
  • quadiak
    quadiak Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I completely agree with the OP, +++1

I also find the topic completely irrelevant in the simple fact that myself and most all of my alliance mates get a never ending queue of only 5-10 different players that simply recirculates when attempting to skip through and find any of these x-men. All I find are matches that are rarely worth more than 25 points once I pass 7-800.

*edited for simplification of the point intended. As I have no problem achieving 1100 points every PvP without ever purchasing HP. The point is that for me these lovely 40-50 point match ups with opponents over 1800 points DO NOT EXIST!!
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    quadiak wrote:
    As much as I do agree with the OP, I also find the topic completely irrelevant in the simple fact that myself and most all of my alliance mates get a never ending queue of only 5-10 different players that simply recirculates when attempting to skip through and find any of these x-men(or any of you other whales, for that matter). All I find are matches that are rarely worth more than 25 points once I pass 7-800.

I do understand the fact that we are only F2P and this may be because we have not paid in our monetary dues, however I dont believe F2P is the answer to why we end up stuck in what amounts to little more than an over sized sandbox or maybe a kiddie pool if you prefer. I want to be in the Ocean with all the other whales, I have the roster to prove it and the experience that comes with playing the game since nearly the very beginning, however D3 just refuses to let me swim(play). icon_rolleyes.gif

If you can't swim, it doesn't have anything to do with being F2P. I have not spent a dime in the game either. I'm on day 205 now and my roster has got almost all 3*s fully covered and 10 of them are maxed. I reached the 1300 progression a handful of times but I have to choose which events I want to push and which I'd rather collect HP from. So, although I cannot swim in every PvP event like those who spend money on the game, there are events that I can easily do well in. Just have to pick and choose. As per my original post, I saw something I liked at 1300 progression so decided to swim towards it. The x-men just make it easier to do so and actually helps a F2P by making it possible to spend less HP to reach that objective.
  • WOW it took only 8 months for people to realize they should stop worrying about xmen and appreciate what they do. I said that over 5 months ago, glad everyone can finally move on and actually focus on their own alliance.

Thank you god, no more stupid xmen threads
  • WOW it took only 8 months for people to realize they should stop worrying about xmen and appreciate what they do. I said that over 5 months ago, glad everyone can finally move on and actually focus on their own alliance.

Thank you god, no more stupid xmen threads

8 months? 5 months? x-men exist and well known after S1, before S1 there was only shield,5DV,shield and 5DV as top 1/2 in PVP icon_e_wink.gif
  • For a while now I've been getting 40+ points off the xmen allowing me to hit the 1100 and even 1300 reward on occasion. I just hope they keep going. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You never know what you had until it's gone - or so they say.