X-men and the mpq community

Options
Shadow
Shadow Posts: 155
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I know a lot of forumers don't like the X-men very much so I hope that I don't get down votes for writing this.

But, I'm looking at the progression reward for Trial By Combat and I see a Fury at 1300 progression. Then I'm thinking - I hope the X-men continue to make their big pushes. It is because of their big pushes that makes reaching the 1300 progression relatively easy for the rest of the community. I actually want to thank them for making it possible to find 40+ point targets once you reach the 1100 - 1200 levels. The mpq community as a whole has benefited because the X-men make a concerted effort to push so high. So, rather than trying to find fault with the X-men, I hope that the community is able to appreciate the effort they make to push so high thus benefiting the community at large.

Comments

• Shadow wrote:
    I know a lot of forumers don't like the X-men very much so I hope that I don't get down votes for writing this.

But, I'm looking at the progression reward for Trial By Combat and I see a Fury at 1300 progression. Then I'm thinking - I hope the X-men continue to make their big pushes. It is because of their big pushes that makes reaching the 1300 progression relatively easy for the rest of the community. I actually want to thank them for making it possible to find 40+ point targets once you reach the 1100 - 1200 levels. The mpq community as a whole has benefited because the X-men make a concerted effort to push so high. So, rather than trying to find fault with the X-men, I hope that the community is able to appreciate the effort they make to push so high thus benefiting the community at large.

Agree OP. I'm pro X-Men. They keep offering me delicious amounts of 30-40 point dishes as well! Those fellas are modern day Iron Chefs!

Bad joking aside, they bring me challenging fights which adds to the fun. Nothing bad will ever come out of that.
  • Flare808
    Options
    *Blinks eyes* Am I seeing this right? Is there a thread with X-Men in the title that actually isn't about hating the X-Men? I opened this expecting yet another X "cheating" scandal or such and thought "here we go again..." Thanks for surprising me OP.
  • Queueing up the x-men for a multiple 40-point push let me get the 1300 progression reward for the first time. I always liked them, and if maxing out their credit cards so that the developers of this game are well-fed, and everyone else gets to piggyback on their success, which in turn keeps this game alive and the players active, then I'm all for it. I never really understood all the anti x-men hate.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm pro-"Let people do what they want with their lives/money as long as it doesn't harm me or the community" and anti-"whiners that cannot take seeing someone else succeed", so yeah, sign me up for this acknowledgement.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:
    *Blinks eyes* Am I seeing this right? Is there a thread with X-Men in the title that actually isn't about hating the X-Men? I opened this expecting yet another X "cheating" scandal or such and thought "here we go again..." Thanks for surprising me OP.
    Hey, sorry for hitting you like thrice in a row in Blind Justice :[ Was getting hit and so tried to get the most out of my failed shieldhop, while your nice score kept showing up in my queue. Your fellow teammates Smokecat and Shinyashes proved to be real gentlemen, too.
  • My usual PvP journey from 1000-1300 pts includes hitting x-men for 50 juicy points each.

So yeah, i'm also hoping the x-men continue to make their big pushes. icon_lol.gif
  • love n hate, like n dislikes, agree or disagree, yin yang, cause n effect.. none is wrong it's just personal opinions.
    for example it's always tickles me seeing ppl spending $shieldhopping for 1500+ just to win (then waste) roster he/she already have icon_eek.gif
    otoh, i need them to help me shieldhop for nick cover icon_redface.gif
  • tobi69 wrote:
    love n hate, like n dislikes, agree or disagree, yin yang, cause n effect.. none is wrong it's just personal opinions.
    for example it's always tickles me seeing ppl spending $shieldhopping for 1500+ just to win (then waste) roster he/she already have icon_eek.gif

Unfortunately, I don't see xmen in my bracket right now. I could certainly use some juicy targets myself. icon_neutral.gif
  • I think what hurt the X-Men's reputation more than anything for a while were simply Naz's posts. Since he stopped posting, they seem more like a regularish alliance network and less like a psychotic madman's plot for world domination.
  • Flare808 wrote:

I like the players in xmen and have nothing against the xmen alliances. I have no problem with high scoring. I and really baffled by shielding at really low scores (less than 600).

I just don't understand meaningless scoring when you basically lap the field several times.

However, not understanding doesn't mean I have a problem with those things either.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can't really fault a team of highly coordinated individuals.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Far as I'm concerned, there are two real ways to compete -

- winning is everything
    - your main opponent is yourself (what you want, how well youv'e done in the past, etc.) The person opposite to you is secondary.

I definitely subscribe to the latter. So long as I get what I want out of a PVP or PVE, I don't care where I place. And if I have trouble getting what I want I have to think - is it really worth it?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately, if people keep scoring 2000+ points and more people get the highest progression rewards as a result, that will signal to devs that progression rewards aren't hard enough to reach...
  • I love the xmen!!! Keep doing what u r doing! U have to respect their coordinated climbs- it shows them how organize they are and majority of us benefit from it. I don't hate... I congratulate!!! icon_e_smile.gificon_twisted.gif
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you guys for writing this posts. I read it and decided to join the X-Men because of it. I look forward to seeing you guys on the field of battle. icon_e_smile.gif
  • tobi69 wrote:
    love n hate, like n dislikes, agree or disagree, yin yang, cause n effect.. none is wrong it's just personal opinions.

Unfortunately, I don't see xmen in my bracket right now. I could certainly use some juicy targets myself. icon_neutral.gif
    They don't have to be in your bracket for you to find them in queue.
  • whitecat31 wrote:
    Thank you guys for writing this posts. I read it and decided to join the X-Men because of it. I look forward to seeing you guys on the field of battle. icon_e_smile.gif

Your welcome bud. And congrats!

Now all I can say now is.....

COME AT ME BRO!
  • the x-men alliance in mpq is actually AI alliance
  • I don't come around here enough or play at a high enough level to keep up with the forum drama, but it seems to me that a lot of shield hopping tactics X-Men get hated on for inflate scores to such a level that casual players can't compete for even the mediocre single 3* covers.

This game has gotten really grindy recently, and I'm finding that if I'm not willing to devote a huge amount of time, I may as well not play at all. So I'm not going to heap praise on anyone for taking advantage of a flawed system to drive scores up.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't come around here enough or play at a high enough level to keep up with the forum drama, but it seems to me that a lot of shield hopping tactics X-Men get hated on for inflate scores to such a level that casual players can't compete for even the mediocre single 3* covers.

This game has gotten really grindy recently, and I'm finding that if I'm not willing to devote a huge amount of time, I may as well not play at all. So I'm not going to heap praise on anyone for taking advantage of a flawed system to drive scores up.

Where some players do enjoy having X-men in their brackets due to the fact that it enables top progression awards reach-ability (as stated in the opening post), some players do not enjoy that as due to them they can't reach the top final positions.

I did like the fact the devs extended the 3* award to top 100 ranking.

I believe, that progression awards should be also down-scaled a bit - if a top progression award would reside at reaching let's say 800 points I believe it would again motivate people to invest time to 'grind' a bit more. As of now, I usually end on 600 points like 8 hours before the end of tourney and shield, because competing for top 10 or even top 25 is out of my reach anyway and awards above 600 mark are rather unattractive comparing to the effort you have to invest to get them.