*** Beast (Classic) ***

Comments

• Beast really, really has to pee

That is all
  • Phaentom wrote:
    I noticed Beast max level with 3 covers is 45 and She Hulk is 53, intentional or just an error?

Depends on which three covers. 1/1/1 is 45. 2/1/0 (or 1/2/0, etc.) is going to be higher, and 3/0/0 will be even higher. The second or third cover gives you more than the first.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Beast's (1st line of attack) foreground pic is like he's being kicked in the crotch...
  • [anchor=beast1]Beast (Classic)[/anchor]
    3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
    At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile damage: 70/13/79/12/61/11
      Mutagenic Breakthrough - 8 Green AP
      Hank has big plans for a genetic experiment that might lead to unpredictable results. Creates a 3 turn Blue Countdown tile that, when activated, converts 4 surrounding basic tiles into random special tiles with strength 22.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Creates special tiles of strength 28 Level 3: Reduces to 2 turn cooldown Level 4: Creates special tiles of strength 33 Level 5: Reduces to 1 turn cooldown
      Max Level: 4 strength 105 special tiles
        Animal Inside - Green 9 AP
        Jumping and slashing as he moves through enemies, Hank can barely control his animal side. Deals 137 damage to all enemies. If there's a friendly Blue special tile on the board, Beast smashes up his lab destroying 3 random tiles, each dealing 33 to all enemies but not generating AP.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: 164 damage to all enemies Level 3: Destroys 6 random tiles Level 4: 219 damage to all enemies Level 5: Destroys 12 random tiles
        Max Level: 696 damage / 12 tiles destroyed at 104 damage each
          Medical Marvel - Yellow 11 AP
          Dr. McCoy uses his medical triage skills to patch up the team before they rush back into battle. Gives a burst of 274 health to allies. If there's a friendly Blue speical tile on the board, he provides a gadget to aid them. 1 Yellow tiles become strength 16 Protect tiles.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Gives a burst of 356 health to allies. Level 3: Inceases to 2 Protect tiles. Level 4: Gives a burst of 493 health to allies. Level 5: Inceases to 3 strength 21 Protect tiles.
          Max Level: 1564 healing / 3 strength 69 Protect tiles

Original post:
          IceIX announced that a new X-Men member would be arriving soon, and also announced that a character with a name starting with B would be arriving soon.
          First off, increase his health a little, maybe to shulk level. His blue is ok for me, maybe decrease the cost by 1. For his green, have him destroy the tiles unconditionally, just add the extra damage that comes with the tiles when there is a blue special, and increase that damage. For his yellow, eliminate the healing, make the protect tiles unconditional, double their power, and decrease the cost to 9.
        • When they said that his abilities became stronger with Blue Special tiles and his Blue empowers his other abilities, it was a very nice concept. I expected the non-buffed abilities be at least be impactful. Honestly, do not feel that his Green is impactful enough.

I feel his Blue cost needs to be lowered down a bit to maybe 7.

Or rework it to be like a combination between Redwing where once he has enough Blue AP, he creates them automatically and Flame Jet where he drains blue AP every turn to create them. After it does go off, it automatically converts the tile into a blue special tile. However, this may require them to rework the power of each special tile a bit since they are now free.

His Green is extremely underwhelming. She-Hulk's Red costs the exact same amount of Red AP and does pretty much the same thing straight up, except a little less base damage. Perhaps that should make it do what it does at full power straight up and gains blue AP from any smashed special blue tiles.

His Yellow is okay, as it just a slightly better version of Spidey's given how he can spam the board with protect tiles.
        • Not everything should be compared ability to ability. Power of Attorney is one of the better abilities in the game, but She-Hulk has a useless green and a hard to use blue to make up for that. None of Beast's skill are as useless as Reprieve and generally not as conditional as Settlement. That doesn't mean the overall character is balanced but it does matter. The green looks okay if not compared against Call the Storm, Rage of the Panther, or World Rupture which are all overpowered/undercosted in a rather obvious way.
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          Now that I know how his blue actually works ("surrounding" tiles includes diagonals, so theres potentially 8 tiles that can be changed, making the ability a lot more consistent, AND it changes them to BLUE special tiles to fuel his other abilities), he's definitely better than I originally gave him credit for. I'll have to see how he plays out a max level, but I'm guessing that he'll be roughly deadpool tier. Having a relevant blue ability is pretty good since there aren't that many of those around, so I can see Beast having a role in a team that wants a blue/green user. 9 green ap for 1.8k team damage and 12 destroyed tiles is pretty okay as well.
        • Sandmaker
          Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler

His Green is extremely underwhelming. She-Hulk's Red costs the exact same amount of Red AP and does pretty much the same thing straight up, except a little less base damage. Perhaps that should make it do what it does at full power straight up and gains blue AP from any smashed special blue tiles.

Here's the math for the green with a Blue out:

3*(696 + 12*104) = 5832 total damage for 9 ap
          = 648 damage per ap

Compare this to Call of the storm:

2259*4 = 9036 total damage for 14 ap
          =645.428 per green ap

We see that just pure damage wise it's already better than CotS, and that's not including the benefits of likely getting cascades from destroying 12 tiles.

Of course, the trade off is that you need the blue out, but that seems fair considering we're comparing it to one of the more OP abilities in the game.
        • Marty17 wrote:
          Beast's (1st line of attack) foreground pic is like he's being kicked in the crotch...

Had to play with him just to see what you were talking about. Hilarious. Does this mean Daredevil is a counter? icon_e_smile.gif
        • Sandmaker wrote:

= 648 damage per ap

=645.428 per green ap

We see that just pure damage wise it's already better than CotS, and that's not including the benefits of likely getting cascades from destroying 12 tiles.

Of course, the trade off is that you need the blue out, but that seems fair considering we're comparing it to one of the more OP abilities in the game.

If you're gonna calculate this way.. for beast. you have to also include the cost of blue special tiles .. 8 blue AP.
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          unimatrix wrote:
          Sandmaker wrote:

= 648 damage per ap

=645.428 per green ap

If you're gonna calculate this way.. for beast. you have to also include the cost of blue special tiles .. 8 blue AP.

Not really, because blue already gave you 400 strength in special tiles for 8ap, which is very fairly costed when compared to other special tile abilities like judgement and battleplan.
        • Dayv
          Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
          I just played with Beast's blue at five covers in the first Simulator battle.

His blue countdown does count as a "blue special" tile for the purposes of his green and yellow skills, so you don't have to wait for it to go off to get those benefits.

However, wow, between edge-placed countdowns, inability to overwrite TU tiles, and instant matches from placing four blue tiles near each other, you're lucky to actually have more than two of his four tiles on the board after it goes off. This countdown tile suffers even more from random placement than most.
        • Really clever how the blue places his tiles in an "x" shape, so the opponent can immediately kill at least two of them with a guaranteed blue match. AND it has a countdown.

I like the pve events because they give us a taste of how the character is when maxed. Beast, for instance, is just as good as big pile of feces.
        • Sandmaker wrote:

= 648 damage per ap

=645.428 per green ap

Do you know how easy it is to get a blue tile out with a good character?

Let's count them.

1 - Steve (expensive as hell)

2- ....Hawkeye?

So yeah, that's not likely. That skill is going to have to be used without a blue tile the overwhelming majority of the time. Compare THAT to call of them storm. Also it's a green, so it's in the same color of Lthor as AoE goes. I don't even want to see how it compares against that one.
        • Tagstar87
          Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
          DayvBang wrote:
          I just played with Beast's blue at five covers in the first Simulator battle.

His blue countdown does count as a "blue special" tile for the purposes of his green and yellow skills, so you don't have to wait for it to go off to get those benefits.

However, wow, between edge-placed countdowns, inability to overwrite TU tiles, and instant matches from placing four blue tiles near each other, you're lucky to actually have more than two of his four tiles on the board after it goes off. This countdown tile suffers even more from random placement than most.

Agreed. I also just played him in the first Simulator node with a major buff. I was able to use Mutagenic Breakthrough twice. The first time my four special tiles linked up with a fifth blue tile that was already there and I got an L-shaped critical tile, special tiles essentially wiped out. The second time, countdown tile was placed on left border, yielding two special tiles instead of four. Used Animal Inside twice as well, AOE damage was a little low but I guess board shakeup is nice. Never collected enough yellow AP to fire off Medical Marvel.

Initial thoughts: Extremely underwhelmed icon_e_sad.gif
        • Typhon13 wrote:
          [anchor=beast1]Beast (Classic)[/anchor]
          3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
          At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile damage: 70/13/79/12/61/11
            Mutagenic Breakthrough - 8 Green AP
            Hank has big plans for a genetic experiment that might lead to unpredictable results. Creates a 3 turn Blue Countdown tile that, when activated, converts 4 surrounding basic tiles into random special tiles with strength 22.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Creates special tiles of strength 28 Level 3: Reduces to 2 turn cooldown Level 4: Creates special tiles of strength 33 Level 5: Reduces to 1 turn cooldown
            Max Level: 4 strength 105 special tiles
              Animal Inside - Green 9 AP
              Jumping and slashing as he moves through enemies, Hank can barely control his animal side. Deals 137 damage to all enemies. If there's a friendly Blue special tile on the board, Beast smashes up his lab destroying 3 random tiles, each dealing 33 to all enemies but not generating AP.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: 164 damage to all enemies Level 3: Destroys 6 random tiles Level 4: 219 damage to all enemies Level 5: Destroys 12 random tiles
              Max Level: 696 damage / 12 tiles destroyed at 104 damage each
                Medical Marvel - Yellow 11 AP
                Dr. McCoy uses his medical triage skills to patch up the team before they rush back into battle. Gives a burst of 274 health to allies. If there's a friendly Blue speical tile on the board, he provides a gadget to aid them. 1 Yellow tiles become strength 16 Protect tiles.
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2: Gives a burst of 356 health to allies. Level 3: Inceases to 2 Protect tiles. Level 4: Gives a burst of 493 health to allies. Level 5: Inceases to 3 strength 21 Protect tiles.
                Max Level: 1564 healing / 3 strength 69 Protect tiles

Original post:
                IceIX announced that a new X-Men member would be arriving soon, and also announced that a character with a name starting with B would be arriving soon.
                First off, increase his health a little, maybe to shulk level. His blue is ok for me, maybe decrease the cost by 1. For his green, have him destroy the tiles unconditionally, just add the extra damage that comes with the tiles when there is a blue special, and increase that damage. For his yellow, eliminate the healing, make the protect tiles unconditional, double their power, and decrease the cost to 9.

You still get a character that's significantly inferior to BP just because of how his blue functions.
              • OnesOwnGrief
                OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
                ark123 wrote:
                Sandmaker wrote:

= 648 damage per ap

=645.428 per green ap

Let's count them.

2- ....Hawkeye?

So yeah, that's not likely. That skill is going to have to be used without a blue tile the overwhelming majority of the time. Compare THAT to call of them storm. Also it's a green, so it's in the same color of Lthor as AoE goes. I don't even want to see how it compares against that one.
                Blue Special Tile Generators
                  Primary (Reliable)
                  Beast: 8 Blue
                  Captain America: 11 Blue
                  Black Panther: 8 Blue
                  Hawkeye: 9 Blue (post update)
                  Psylocke: 10 Blue
                  Invisible Woman: 13 Blue
                  Magneto (Marvel Now): 9 Blue

Secondary (Unreliable)
                  Magneto (Classic): 9 Yellow (post update)
                  Human Torch: 11 Black
                  Nick Fury: 12 Yellow, 12 Purple (very unreliable)
                  Falcon: 11 Purple (highly likely)
                  Storm (Modern) (Mohawk): 9 Black (highly likely)

I say that's a fairly sizable list of characters in which you can easily get a blue special tile from. Of course not all of them are "top tier" but do they honestly have to be at this point?
                • wymtime
                  wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
                  I think the better comparison for Beast is HT becuase he is really needy. Green and yellow are preety bad without his blue out. You are either going to use him for Blue and yellow or blue and green. I think his green is better than his yellow becuase it is like a mini sniper rifle with Blue. It is not game changing but it is still solid so he would need to pair with non/week green, and non/week blue covers. That would make him pair with BP, Psylock, HT, Dare Devil, Hulk(you only use his black anyway), IM40, Lcap, Spidy, Deadpool, Hood, Falcon, Captain Marvel. From these I can see him really work with BP, HT, Deadpool, Psylock.

The people he does not pair well with are the top covers in the game:
                  Patch= Berserker Rage is primary wepon
                  Senrty= WR
                  new Cmags= yellow and blue are both better on Cmags
                  LThor= competes for yellow and Green and both his covers are better.

The only top tier character he fits with is Daken who really goes with everyone. Who can't use strike tiles whenever a green is matched and has true healing.

I think his blue is a very cool idea and I like the 4 tiles it generates at the higher levels but he does feel very needy and he does not fit well with most of the top characters in the game. I Almost with his yellow was a passive that would heal his team 250 HP per turn that a special Blue was out. It would make his blue tiles a little more team usefull instead of just making his other powers usable.
                • ark123 wrote:
                  Sandmaker wrote:

= 648 damage per ap

=645.428 per green ap

Let's count them.

2- ....Hawkeye?

Blue Special Tile Generators
                    Primary (Reliable)
                    Beast: 8 Blue
                    Captain America: 11 Blue
                    Black Panther: 8 Blue
                    Hawkeye: 9 Blue (post update)
                    Psylocke: 10 Blue
                    Invisible Woman: 13 Blue
                    Magneto (Marvel Now): 9 Blue

Secondary (Unreliable)
                    Magneto (Classic): 9 Yellow (post update)
                    Human Torch: 11 Black
                    Nick Fury: 12 Yellow, 12 Purple (very unreliable)
                    Falcon: 11 Purple (highly likely)
                    Storm (Modern) (Mohawk): 9 Black (highly likely)

I say that's a fairly sizable list of characters in which you can easily get a blue special tile from. Of course not all of them are "top tier" but do they honestly have to be at this point?
                    If you're looking at a brand new character? Yes. I see captain america and black panther in that list as viable companions, since you'd have to be batcrap insane to fuel this blue with mnMags instead of any of the ones that do massive direct damage like cStom's.

For everything Beast does, there's a character that does it better and cheaper. He has no place.
                  • Wetzilla
                    Wetzilla Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
                    When the countdown tile for Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough power is on one of the edges of the board it will not give you the correct amount of special tiles. I had this occur for me twice in the new Simulator mission, once when the countdown tile was on the bottom of the board and once on the right side of the board. The ability is supposed to give you 4 special tiles, but when it was on the bottom it only gave me one, and only gave me two when it was on the right side. I'm assuming it's attempting to change the tiles that are to the bottom or right of the countdown tile, but since it's on the edge of the board there's no tiles to transform.

I love this game, and I understand how tough game development is, I'm a videogame QA lead myself, but between this, all the Team Up bugs, and the damage bug from last month I'm getting a little disheartened with the game. These are pretty minor bugs, that even a basic amount of QA should have picked up.