*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• I have a *** spiderman and he's lvl 25, I recently got a 4th purple skill and my other 2 are zero, should I use the cover or sell it, what is ideal build and should I evel him up more?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    My spidey will be 3 yellow/5 blue/5 purple when he's done. Level 5 blue will let you stun with 2 blue ap. The protect tiles his purple creates are great but they don't really shine until there are web tiles on the board. If you don't have blue, then you can't see this as you can't put web tiles on the board yourself. My advice would be to use the purple cover.
  • Ideal build since they changed purple (again) is 3/5/5. Absolutely no question.
  • I think the consensus is that 5 Blue is a must, the other two are completely optional.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was torn between going for 5 yellow or 5 purple, but then the game just kept throwing purple at me. I'm at 3/1/5 now and I've sold a couple more purple, but I can't get more blue to save my life. 3/1/5 Spidey is handy when buffed, but otherwise the 6 AP blue cost leaves him out of my big guns.
  • I was planning the 5/5/3 build before they made the purple change and was most of the way there. I'm now at 5/4/3 with 2 purples sitting in my cache. Do I cash in and leave the blue at 4 (3-match) or do I trash them and hold out for the 5th blue?

Damn, implement the re-spec already!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Regalis wrote:
    I was planning the 5/5/3 build before they made the purple change and was most of the way there. I'm now at 5/4/3 with 2 purples sitting in my cache. Do I cash in and leave the blue at 4 (3-match) or do I trash them and hold out for the 5th blue?

Damn, implement the re-spec already!

Hold out for blue.
  • Yeah, at five blue, Spidey becomes ridiculous on offense. The yellow and purple barely matter. You'll scarcely take damage because the entire enemy team is stunlocked until they die. Even his level only really matters for the hit points.
  • I know spiderman is one of the greats in This game. Mine is sitting at level 80 3/2/5. My question: is he worth any more iso at this point? His main ability is his stun which isn't improved by his level. Even after he hits 5 blue is it really necessary to get him to max level other than for the health and improved match damage? I'm sure I'll level him eventually, but Would I be better off saving my iso for my ragneto team that I'm starting to get covers for? Since he doesn't have any attack skills that will improve based on his level I'm thinking of just sitting on my 35k iso at the moment
  • I think your instincts are right. When I am facing a Spidey, I don't even look at his level. It's a non-factor.
  • I delayed leveling my Spidey for awhile, but he's now my first L141 character, mainly because he's buffed in Hulk.

Realize that his heals get much, much better with levels, as do his protect tiles. It's nice to be facing off against a L230 Ragnarok and take 1 damage from off-color match3s.

But I didn't start pumping ISO into him until after Ragnarok was 115 and Magneto was L90 or so (Spidey was around L60 or so). For a bit I was leveling Magneto and Spidey at the same time, but Magneto hit a cover block and Spidey's been so darn useful in Hulk.

TL;DR -- Save your ISO for others; but you'll want to improve him in the long run (after you have 5 blue).
  • Thanks for the responses. I'll stockpile the iso for now.
  • Considering the defacto monster team is maxed rag, maxed spidey, maxed mageneto/hulk/hood/Gery Suit, I'd say he's worth the iso. He's actually the first guy I target every match as if he gets his blues early, he can chain stun you the entire match and game over.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Spidey is a beast esp once you get 4 or 5 blue covers. He totally messes with the other team, his protection tiles really reduce all damage taken and his yellow every so often will bring your team back from the brink of defeat.

Absolute monster, once I get 9 blue, chain stun is out and he clears house with Thor/Wolvie/Rags
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Not yet. He won't win battles for you. Wait until your damage dealer is a high enough level before you work on his support.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    dmendro wrote:
    Considering the defacto monster team is maxed rag, maxed spidey, maxed mageneto/hulk/hood/Gery Suit, I'd say he's worth the iso. He's actually the first guy I target every match as if he gets his blues early, he can chain stun you the entire match and game over.
    Yeah, and he maxes out at 5k HP, which isn't really all that squishy
  • i just keep mine at level 70. its enough that he can full heal in a couple minutes in one the the prologue missions.

he's probably the 3rd guy i'd max, but i'm trying to finish off my ragnarok and grey suit first
  • Support characters don't need high levels. In fact, it could be arguably better to hide them behind higher level tanks.
  • I spent the ISO to get Spidey to level 121 and I rarely if ever use health packs now....I can play as long as I want without worrying about waiting to get new health packs... If your team gets too messed up, go to prolouge, heal everyone up and then go right back to tourney... He is worth every ISO you can afford as you will earn enough ISO from constant playing to more than make up for the investment...
  • Support characters don't need high levels. In fact, it could be arguably better to hide them behind higher level tanks.

As others have said, that just means they go down awfully quick on defense. At over 5k HP a max level Spidey can only be one shotted by Mags (or maybe Hulk, but that's a laughable situation). And even then the attacker has to decide if they want to take out the support character or Rags/Mags/BWGS.

On offense, again, Spidey taking some hits isn't an issue. Mine just took a 6k blast from Moonstone in one of the Hulk missions (8700 health w/ the buff). Nearly full health before the round ended -- 3 or 4 turns later.

The one thing Spidey does suck at is damage dealing. He has no offensive skills, so you have to do damage by matching, which is slow against opponents with lots of health.