*** Magneto (Classic) ***

1235755

Comments

  • Now my magneto classic not as powerhorse as ragnarok. One word "SADNESS"
  • I know that most people are running a 5/3/5 but does anyone run 4/5/4? I am strongly considering going 4/5/4 instead on my current 1/3/4 Mag.

    4/5/4
      +Spammable red attack that helps clear the board in stuck states -Not as AP efficient on blue attacks -Less max damage for purple if 10+ blue tiles exist

    5/3/5
      +Higher overall damage from purple +AP neutral or gain on blue attacks -Completely useless red skill at level 3, no good way to clear the board

    I don't have a high level Rag and I like the concept of having someone that may be able to clear those "stuck" board states. However since my Mag isn't very far developed, I figured I better consult the people already rocking maxed out Mags. Any input is appreciated.
  • FoxInSoxFoxInSox Match Maker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 75 Match Maker
    The good thing about classic magneto is that he doesn't have a bad build. You really can't go wrong with him, though going 3 on purple might be close. Your best build would depend on your specific team layout (current and desired). At 2 ap for red, that attack is VERY spammable. That said, I have a max level rags, who has a much better 2 ap red attack, so I would hardly ever use it.

    The blue is JUST as spammable at 5, because you can easily create free critical tiles and immediately get your AP back. I use it all the time.

    What I most wanted from him is his ability to one shot a max level rags, which you can do if you have purple at 5. My mags is 5/3/5 but currently at level 75 or so. Even though he's half as powerful as he will be, he can still one shot most characters. Since his blue attack also lets me add 2 blues to the board, I've barely use his purple with less that 10 blue tiles on the board and have gotten much use from having purple at 5 instead of 4.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    4/5/4
      -Less max damage for purple if 10+ blue tiles exist

    Less damage, period. You lose at least 10% damage (perhaps more) for EVERY swap.
  • The guy's single best feature is his purple, which is the most damaging ability to a single character in the game right now.

    If I had the choice, and thankfully I do still, I would go 5/3/5.

    The other issue is that there are better red AP characters out there (Rag and possibly Frank).
  • Nonce Equitaur 2Nonce Equitaur 2 Chairperson of the Boards Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 553 Mags ... And he keeps going and going and going. Generally, he gets so many red and blue actions that enough purple accumulates for an attack. I would hate to play against a proper AI for Mags, because he can often drop an opposing team after getting 6 blue or a few red.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:
    4/5/4
      -Less max damage for purple if 10+ blue tiles exist

    Less damage, period. You lose at least 10% damage (perhaps more) for EVERY swap.
    It's a versatile build. You'll get some of that damage back from red.

    While I agree that Mag's best skill is purple, he has 3 good skills.
  • What is the interaction with swapping (purple) and strike tiles? I am guessing that all the swaps are added together and then the strike tiles are added on top of that? It would be really nice if the strike tiles added to each swap, but it probably doesn't work that way.
  • What is the interaction with swapping (purple) and strike tiles? I am guessing that all the swaps are added together and then the strike tiles are added on top of that? It would be really nice if the strike tiles added to each swap, but it probably doesn't work that way.

    Your guesing is correct, strike is added on top of swap. You can't get all icon_e_smile.gif
  • After toying with Magneto some more, I think I'm sold on the 5/3/5 build. Trying to use the red, it just doesn't trigger nearly as many cascade/matches as I would hope.

    Now my problem is I have a 1/3/5 Magneto. That 1 blue cover is painful right now. Tried to get another in the Lightning round and was top 10 but couldn't survive the home stretch. Ugh...
  • entropic01 wrote:
    After toying with Magneto some more, I think I'm sold on the 5/3/5 build. Trying to use the red, it just doesn't trigger nearly as many cascade/matches as I would hope.

    Now my problem is I have a 1/3/5 Magneto. That 1 blue cover is painful right now. Tried to get another in the Lightning round and was top 10 but couldn't survive the home stretch. Ugh...

    Mag rounds have been pretty brutal the last 2 weeks. I only did decent last week (3-4 covers of him) because I got a few of him via diabolical tokens. Actually, all but one of my mags is from diabolicals lol (2/3/1). Purple is just a matter of time I feel as I know I can get top 25. It's that blue that will be hard. It's not easy staying tops in a round without the Ragapocalypse on your team. Honestly, his red is the strength of what I think 2 ap moves should be. It's not that good unless its maxed, but at max it has its uses. @4 ap his red is very very situational and that's fine since his blue and purple are some of the best of their respective colors I'm the game.

    Personally I am expecting to try to get top 8 (and likely only make top 25..) until I have 5 purple. At that point ill hopefully have 3-4 blue (diabolical drops included) and ill probably just drop the hp I've saved up by then on it. Now if only they would start up the hunt again...lol
  • You guys with the 3 red are lucky. I've tried getting top 2 in mags rounds 3 times only to get top 8 instead. Stuck with a 5/1/5 mags lol
  • 0/3/0 for me, all from heroic tokens... but I've only seriously competed in one single lightning round so far, hoping next week I get to devote some time to them.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    You guys with the 3 red are lucky. I've tried getting top 2 in mags rounds 3 times only to get top 8 instead. Stuck with a 5/1/5 mags lol

    You've got the HP... stop yer whining! =)

    Odds are I'll spend my stockpiling HP on red Mags (presuming I can get 2 more blues) unless Punisher turns out to be amazing or some other great cover comes along soon.
  • KiamodoKiamodo Mover and Shaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    entropic01 wrote:
    I know that most people are running a 5/3/5 but does anyone run 4/5/4? I am strongly considering going 4/5/4 instead on my current 1/3/4 Mag.

    4/5/4
      +Spammable red attack that helps clear the board in stuck states -Not as AP efficient on blue attacks -Less max damage for purple if 10+ blue tiles exist

    5/3/5
      +Higher overall damage from purple +AP neutral or gain on blue attacks -Completely useless red skill at level 3, no good way to clear the board

    I don't have a high level Rag and I like the concept of having someone that may be able to clear those "stuck" board states. However since my Mag isn't very far developed, I figured I better consult the people already rocking maxed out Mags. Any input is appreciated.

    5/3/5 is better in every way. Step away from the phone and don't do anything you will regret later!
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    5/3/5 is better in every way. Step away from the phone and don't do anything you will regret later!
    Better, but not in every way. 5 purple can be overkill on occasion and 5 blue is useless for AI on defense.

    People are too reliant on red Rags.
  • Can someone help explained Magnetized Projectile to me?

    I am confused as it says it destroys 5 random tiles but does not generate AP. When you destroy these tiles, do they cause damage based on Mags level?
  • Can someone help explained Magnetized Projectile to me?

    I am confused as it says it destroys 5 random tiles but does not generate AP. When you destroy these tiles, do they cause damage based on Mags level?

    Yes. Just like storm's or grey suits moves that destroy..damage is done based on magneto's base damage for each color destroyed. The damage is so minuscule with his red though that its real use is spamming it to try and make an opening or to hopefully drop another blue tile or two onto the board.
  • 5 red is bad if one plan to team up with rag.
    Due to lower lvl cap of rag, mag always use his red instead of rag using his on defence.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    5 red is bad if one plan to team up with rag.
    Due to lower lvl cap of rag, mag always use his red instead of rag using his on defence.

    Wait...what? First off, as far as I know, which character does match damage has no relation to whose power gets used. Even if it did, what does that have to do with rank 3 vs rank 5 on Magneto's red? Not that I think Mag's red at 5 is a good choice, but that doesn't make sense to me.
Sign In or Register to comment.