Rags/CStorm Infinite Loop

Options
Hello,

I've seen a lot of Rag hate on these forums. A lot of people calling for the nerdbat to be swung at him.

I for one do not think that Rags is a problem. In fact, he seems reasonably balanced. He is a beast, for sure, but he's a 3star character and should be powerful.

To me, the true problem is when he is paired up with cStorm and her maxed out green. If you're new to the game: He creates 5 green when he unleashes his red power, which he can do a lot. This in turn feeds cStorm's ability to destroy most of the playing field, which seems to net more red, which allows Rags to keep generating more green. Between the pair, this can make it so the npc team never gets a turn.

I feel it's unfair to nerf Rags for this. By himself, he cannot generate an infinite loop. He can just do a heck of a lot of damage.

Nerfing cStorm seems a little unfair as well, however that's the only solution I've come up with. A simple change to her green power: If she has 21 or more green when she triggers her power, it should end the turn.

This simple change shouldn't affect newbie teams too much because, without Rags, I never found it easy to generate 21+ green before triggering the power. It really just affects the Rags/cStorm combo in a good way. It's not like they won't still be a powerful combo, but it will allow the enemy team to take some actions. It would also allow at least some thought process to running them. Do you trigger before you reach 21 and hope/risk to keep the loop going or do you accept that the enemy team will get an action.

Anyway, that's my suggestion. It feels fair without breaking things too much.

Comments

• Yeah... no.
  • One of the great joys in this game is finding characters that work in tandem like this. Why would you want to alter that aspect?
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I doubt this would work all that often. In PvP matches, the AI will not hold off using Rag's green power so that it can generate 30 greens (or 12 for that matter) for Storm to clear the board. Plus, Storm is pretty weak, so if you came up against a team like that, even if she was at 85, she'd be taken down pretty fast, stopping this infinite loop from happening. Storm was already nerfed, why would you want to nerf her again? Next, someone will be saying her blue power is too powerful since it hits the entire team AND it stuns one of them.

If you found a good team to run, then great, but don't nerf one of them just to make the team less potent. The reason there are so many Rags/Mags/Spidey teams is because they make a great team in the game. I don't have this team, but I want it because I've seen the results. People saying that Rags should get nerfed or Spidey should get nerfed or whomever should get nerfed is because they can't beat that team. I know I can't, so I skip them in PvP tournaments. Hell, I skip almost all the teams with mid-high level Rags on it just because it takes so long to kill him and he can do some serious damage to my mid level team. I hit that skip button a lot. I wish I had a Rags right now I could use in the Hulk tournament, but I don't, so I grind it out and hope my team lasts.

Try out the Rags/Storm combo in the Hulk tournament and see how well it runs. The bad thing about creating all those greens is eventually the Hulk will match them and then start doing some serious damage, especially with his passive going off from all the Rag hits.
  • I am Zero wrote:
    I doubt this would work all that often. In PvP matches, the AI will not hold off using Rag's green power so that it can generate 30 greens (or 12 for that matter) for Storm to clear the board.

Oh, it doesn't work at all for defense. But for offense it's quite effective. But so is Rag + Grey Widow, or Thor + Wolverine, or numerous other combinations.

I agree with the rest of your comments... just realize that the OP wasn't talking about the AI's perpetual inability to use powers well.
  • If C. Storm's squishy self weren't so easy to one-shot, this would be a problem worth looking at.

There are many other issues that should take priority over this.
  • If I have 30 green ap and use storm c green I have 18 green ap
    If I have 21 green ap and use ability I have 9 green ap + 9 possible fron skill.
    20 green I have 8ap + 10 possible from skill

I have the potential to end up with just as much as with 30 and continue infinitely. Your solution just puts devs working hours for 0 result.
  • someguy wrote:
    If C. Storm's squishy self weren't so easy to one-shot, this would be a problem worth looking at.

There are many other issues that should take priority over this.

No, it really wouldn't. Storm isn't the problem here.
  • Some of the more dangerous abilities in the game are the ones that add tiles, and the cheaper they are the more of a problem they are. Thor is at the top of the heap in 2* because he can make 5 yellow tiles and smack your face for only 6 red (and he has a relatively deep hit point pool). Rag is just a faster, beefier version of that problem. Saying that Storm's ability to capitalize on Rag's 2 ap tile generator is the problem is silly. Anyone who can easily take advantage of a million cheap green ap is going to pair well with Rag. That doesn't mean we should nerf every good green ability in the game.
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    Some of the more dangerous abilities in the game are the ones that add tiles, and the cheaper they are the more of a problem they are. Thor is at the top of the heap in 2* because he can make 5 yellow tiles and smack your face for only 6 red (and he has a relatively deep hit point pool). Rag is just a faster, beefier version of that problem. Saying that Storm's ability to capitalize on Rag's 2 ap tile generator is the problem is silly. Anyone who can easily take advantage of a million cheap green ap is going to pair well with Rag. That doesn't mean we should nerf every good green ability in the game.

Well said, have a cookie!