Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh, LA? I thought from some previous stuff that you guys were in boston
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Huh, LA? I thought from some previous stuff that you guys were in boston

Perhaps Devs are in Boston, CS + test etc is in LA?
    That would go a little way towards explaining poor internal communication.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder this is more part of the genuine reason the Daken change has been put on hold.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5799&start=320#p190135

It's not like any sort of consideration was given when there were previous large nerfs that people had spent cover money on, eg. Rags, Spidey, to a lesser extent OBW and maybe others. A little cynical perhaps, but no current or past evidence suggests otherwise. Happy to see a possible new direction here.

On a related side note, I am baffled as to why we haven't seen the long long promised Magneto nerf. How many months has that been promised for now... and the ModStorm nerf that accidentally leaked and the Hawkeye buff and X-FWolvie buff.

Devs are going to cop it, whichever way they go (I imagine the Magneto nerf is actually quite bad) but unfortunately for them, a lot of this pain has actually been self-inflicted.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can't wait for the magneto nerf. Not that he's exactly hard to beat on defence but... zomg... an animation pretty much every other round just does my head in.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    On a related side note, I am baffled as to why we haven't seen the long long promised Magneto nerf. How many months has that been promised for now... and the ModStorm nerf that accidentally leaked and the Hawkeye buff and X-FWolvie buff.

X-FWolvie buff... It seems like an urban legend to me...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi Lakestone, I'm not sure how "in-the-know" you are with regards to the problems players have been having or general player opinion. Have you been reading the forums? Have you been briefed? Would you be interested in getting sort of a cliffs-notes version of the problems people have been having from various prominent people on the forum? There are numerous issues which make people unlikely/unwilling to trust the devs and D3, and if you're going to have a role in community management, then you should probably know about them. Well, that said, so should any community manager you guys hire. Things like a promised nerf on C.Mags, and then the time frame for that being pushed further and further and further into the future, to the point where I can remember hearing about it right back when I started playing. Or the promised buff for X-Force, which, again, keeps on getting pushed further and further into the future.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    I wonder this is more part of the genuine reason the Daken change has been put on hold.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5799&start=320#p190135

It's not like any sort of consideration was given when there were previous large nerfs that people had spent cover money on, eg. Rags, Spidey, to a lesser extent OBW and maybe others. A little cynical perhaps, but no current or past evidence suggests otherwise. Happy to see a possible new direction here.
    Just offer in-game currency refunds for any actual $ purchases that were used on altered heroes, problem solved. Many other games do this, kind of baffling why this one does not. Then again, it took them ages to implement re-spec, which again is a no-brainer for these types of games.

Makes no sense to neglect sorely-needed character balancing just to avoid losing money short-term, especially when their stance behind every change is "For the greater good."
  • Unknown
    Options
    Im still waiting for a response for Customer Support that I logged 2 days ago about the blue cap reward being replaced by yellow Black Panther. Can you at least update us here about it? It seems like everyone who got 1st place in a bracket got the wrong rewards....