Communication, Daken Changes, San Diego Comic-Con

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey everyone,

First off, we just want to say that we are aware of the challenges we are facing here in the forums. We know information isn't always timely and that there are times where changes aren't messaged at all. We are working to improve this.

Even if we don't respond, we are always listening to comments. We love the well thought out feedback and have incorporated some of the valuable input into our planning for the game so please keep it coming.

We know you guys like to get info from IceIX. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on the POV), he wears A LOT of hats around here, some of which are absolutely vital to keeping the game running. That has to come first. So...

We are already in the process of hiring a Community Manager. Of course, finding the right person will take some time. This may not solve all the problems, but adding a community representative whose job is centered on bringing information out on time, gathering feedback and making sure that the fanbase's voice is heard, will ultimately have a positive impact.

Also, while we're talking about communication, we hope you feel like we do that, over the last few weeks, customer service response time has improved as we have brought in additional support people. We heard your feedback and made changes to improve that experience, and while we expect it to get even better as time goes on, we hope there's been an immediately noticeable effect to you guys. If not, please let us know.

In other news, we have put the changes to Daken on hold for now. The folks here raised a really good point that the timing of the Daken rebalance wasn't good. When we have a lock on the direction we will be taking those changes, we'll message them here.

We've got some awesome changes in the pipe and we are excited to share some news about the game in the Marvel Games Panel at San Diego Comic-Con on July 26th (Room 6A 12:30PM PST)

Thank you all and please keep-on keeping in touch.

-The Marvel Puzzle Quest Team

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nicely said! Looking forward to future game and forum updates.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A definite step in the right direction. We shall see where it goes from here.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    Hey everyone,

In other news, we have put the changes to Daken on hold for now. The folks here raised a really good point that the timing of the Daken rebalance wasn't good. When we have a lock on the direction we will be taking those changes, we'll message them here.

I'm curious what this actually means. The previous post for the rebalancing looked like it was fully of copy/paste errors.

Thanks, and we all appreciate communication!
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    Thank you for making an effort, its appreciated.
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:

We are already in the process of hiring a Community Manager. Of course, finding the right person will take some time. This may not solve all the problems, but adding a community representative whose job is centered on bringing information out on time, gathering feedback and making sure that the fanbase's voice is heard, will ultimately have a positive impact.

Good to hear! Will this community manager be based out of your offices? A lot of the times companies hire community managers and then run into the issue of this person being a good communicator on the forums, but not necessarily being "in the loop". Then you get a lot of "We hear you, but I don't really know."
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    That's nice and all but I would have really like that 2* Daken change now and waited on 3* Daken. Buffing a 2* to 94 would be a more welcomed change than most things right now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    see you next saturday guys!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:

We've got some awesome changes in the pipe and we are excited to share some news about the game in the Marvel Games Panel at San Diego Comic-Con on July 26th (Room 6A 12:30PM PST)

Is this going to be webcast? (Unless you have some passes and want someone to live blog it to the forums here. I'm free next Sat!)
  • Unknown
    Options

Let me start the prediction:

1. Introducing covers with abilities that cost iso and HP per cast.
    2. All banked iso and HP will expire in 7 days to encourage players to utilize the resource better for more fun.
    3. Taken and Laken nerf effect immediately. Requirement for Heat to apply is up 3 more AP to compensate for the delay.
    4. All Unused tokens will expire in 24 hours.
    5. Health Pack price and Shield Price will be raised by 100% to prevent P2W.
    6. Unused covers will now expire in 24 hours to encourage players to utilize the resource better for more fun.
    7. 4* Lazy Bag Man will be featured in PVP Season 5. To ensure he's true to the 4* status, the cost of each ability is rebalanced to 50% more than it's 2* counterpart.
    8. Rebalance: No more True Healing TM. All healing abilities will give half the value as "burst of health" aka Fake Healing TM.
    9. Healing will only come from either time passage or True Healing TM Health Pack.

Please keep the creativity going. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I hope that one of the changes would be instead of winning covers for a particular char we would win covers that would allow us to choose wich power to lvl as someone pointed in another thread.
    But its a dream on feature that will never see the light of day..
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Baltias wrote:

2. All banked iso and HP will expire in 7 days to encourage players to utilize the resource better for more fun.
    3. Taken and Laken nerf effect immediately. Requirement for Heat to apply is up 3 more AP to compensate for the delay.
    6. Unused covers will now expire in 24 hours to encourage players to utilize the resource better for more fun.
    7. 4* Lazy Bag Man will be featured in PVP Season 5. To ensure he's true to the 4* status, the cost of each ability is rebalanced to 50% more than it's 2* counterpart.
    8. Rebalance: No more True Healing TM. All healing abilities will give half the value as "burst of health" aka Fake Healing TM.
    9. Healing will only come from either time passage or True Healing TM Health Pack.

Aw, someone is a tad salty. I used to act out too, when I was little.

Anyways, thank you for listening D3 and furthering this action.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Honestly, those who thanked D3P should have a good look to themselves. This debacle should never have happened. What we should have is a sincere apology from D3P and admitted they totally f-up. However, that will never happen. icon_e_biggrin.gif

And I used to do personal insults too, back when I was in kindie. icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm starting to feel more hopeful about this game. If they do make changes for the better, I will spend some money to show my appreciation. Also, they finally resolved my ticket with the response that made sense (300 HP for wasted shields). Here's to hoping this game heads in the right direction!
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Best announcement ever. I can only hope this the beginning of a much better relationship between mpq and its player base. Best sign in a long while.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Baltias wrote:

Really? They actually do something positive and great, and you choose to write this?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Baltias wrote:
    Honestly, those who thanked D3P should have a good look to themselves. This debacle should never have happened. What we should have is a sincere apology from D3P and admitted they totally f-up. However, that will never happen. icon_e_biggrin.gif

There are always going to be people who suck up to authority in any setting. Exaggerating that in this case is the fact that these forums have been so neglected by the powers-that-be that any attention we do get is like a ray of light from the heavens, and some people lose their silly little minds over it. But having a full time CM should help that at least somewhat. Assuming they do their job better than how a lot of other things are handled around this game, which on second thought might be asking a lot. icon_razz.gif

As for some kind of apology from a corporate entity, good luck with that. However, there are at least two admissions of some kind of mistakes on their part, which is something. I'm sticking with my original sentiment, this is a step in the right direction. As someone who is very cynical myself I certainly understand where you're coming from. But this is a positive move. Give it a little time and we'll see what comes of it..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Really? They actually do something positive and great, and you choose to write this?

What positive and great they did?

Also theres no need to double posting, theres edit option.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When someone (or a company) makes mistakes, all you should hope for is they realize it, and make an attempt to improve. I understand that the past doesn't speak favorably to that happening, but delaying a change based on forum complaints should really signal that things might be changing for the better. These changes probably won't be as smooth as everyone would like, but again, the attempt to make things better exists.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Let's say someone is about to graduate with a Management degree and would love something to add to their resume.

Where would this person apply to be community manager?
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Kuchiri wrote:
    Let's say someone is about to graduate with a Management degree and would love something to add to their resume.

Where would this person apply to be community manager?

My guess would be their website