• Unknown
    Options
    VSaEwXM.jpg
  • Kiera13
    Kiera13 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Just updated my roster.

So do I just go into the She-Hulk event or whatever and just Retreat a bunch of teams to death in there and hope my MMR gets to something semi-reasonable?

It really sucks to get punished for having a decent 2* roster. icon_razz.gif
    I thought retreating didn't work anymore so you may have to actually kill your team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So what... make 4-5 teams with my weakest characters, then just play a game with each so they lose, wait however many hours, and do it again? Will only losing 4 or 5 games at a time have... any real impact?
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So what... make 4-5 teams with my weakest characters, then just play a game with each so they lose, wait however many hours, and do it again? Will only losing 4 or 5 games at a time have... any real impact?

That is how tanking is done. You can retreat 3 times to lower health and then lose or you can just simply lose... Whichever you prefer.

However I will tell you I think that tanking is highly overrated. I've never done it and I don't see the point. Some claim they need to but I've never had that experience especially in the modern version of the game.

Just my opinion. However based on your situation (From reading above, perhaps it will help you out.) If you're having a difficult time getting passed a certain score you may see some benefits. Keep in mind though that if you have a 2* team and you're getting like 800+ pts you're really going to see 3* teams even if you tank for a week. You will always see players within a certain score range unless you reach an ultra high score.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

That is how tanking is done. You can retreat 3 times to lower health and then lose or you can just simply lose... Whichever you prefer.

However I will tell you I think that tanking is highly overrated. I've never done it and I don't see the point. Some claim they need to but I've never had that experience especially in the modern version of the game.

Just my opinion. However based on your situation (From reading above, perhaps it will help you out.) If you're having a difficult time getting passed a certain score you may see some benefits. Keep in mind though that if you have a 2* team and you're getting like 800+ pts you're really going to see 3* teams even if you tank for a week. You will always see players within a certain score range unless you reach an ultra high score.

I'm seeing those 3* teams by the time I'm between 300 and 600 points. I already know I'm... pretty much never going to get those high scores. I'd like to be able to semi-regularly reach 700 - 800 points. That'd be fantastic. With how events go now, that feels completely impossible.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm seeing those 3* teams by the time I'm between 300 and 600 points. I already know I'm... pretty much never going to get those high scores. I'd like to be able to semi-regularly reach 700 - 800 points. That'd be fantastic. With how events go now, that feels completely impossible.

You need to tank some Rich - your MMR is too high. You should be getting up to 600 at least before you start seeing those 3*s. To regularly get 700-800, you will need to push from there and shield until you get a couple of 3*s of your own.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

Ok then yes in your position you should probably give it a chance. From what I understand the first time you tank requires a lot of work and then the maintenance afterwards is less work

We all have a limit to what we can score before it becomes crazy difficult. It's just scaled down or up depending on our rosters and other factors. Also if you get the right bracket you can certainly finish top 10 with 700-800 and possibly compete for first in the right bracket.

I think the issue for you is that there's so many people at your scoring range that you won't get hit much so your MMR can't regulate itself. Once you score 900+ the game virtually tanks for you as you will be hit regularly pretty much no matter your roster. If you can get to a level where most players have a higher level of toons than you the game will help keep your MMR down for you as you will get hit frequently.

When you get to what you consider a high score for you, you should shield hop (If you can and possibly use boosts (Iso boosts, don't need to spend too much more if you don't want) to beat those tougher teams. Find a 3* char that you have all covers for and max them out. Better to focus on one player and then move on to the next than to bring everyone up 10 levels at a time. Patch and Punisher are both classic choices for most peoples first max 3*
  • Unknown
    Options
    Alright. my Patch and Punisher are probably the closest to being max covered, so I guess just whichever I get the most of first.

And maybe you can clarify, should I just take in several teams and lose one match with them, or take those teams in and retreat until they're out of HP before moving onto the next team?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Xormar wrote:
    Chimaera i wont push anymore so i wont challenge you for first.

Unless i get some sick def wins in that is. icon_e_confused.gif

Doom Lthor hood seems to work wonders for me on def this pvp. Never seen this many def wins in like forever.

Shielded till the end, feel free to hit or lose against me. And sorry for anyone i hit but i had to scramble to reach 1k.

Frid!

If I wasn't distracted at the end of the end by doing a mtg trade I probably would have done one match for season points benefit at the end but didn't get to it. Only care about top 5 though, my 4*s are where I want them currently. Thanks though.

Was wondering if you were going to push you were down there for so long.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If I wasn't distracted at the end of the end by doing a mtg trade I probably would have done one match for season points benefit at the end but didn't get to it. Only care about top 5 though, my 4*s are where I want them currently. Thanks though.

Was wondering if you were going to push you were down there for so long.

I found this amazing looking stone down there and i just had to stop to look at it for a while. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, that was maybe the easiest PvP since I can remember. I joined early, but played semi-seriously only the last day. Ended up 614pts and #5 when I ran out of health packs and threw shield 6hrs before the end. I went to sleep and came back after the event to check how low did I drop. Only #13, still got to top25! Leader had 978pts and everybody else in top25 was in the 600-800pts area. I got two She-Hulk covers for one 150HP shield (well technically 75HP since I got rewards also). Not bad. I wouldn't mind if every event was as laid-back like this one. icon_cool.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Think I hit DuckyV more than once. Apologies for that buddy. icon_e_sad.gif

I start to feel bad at twice, I wince a bit at 3...
    And I just won't do it 4 times... unless you had it coming, you keep spam attacking me, I hate you, all of the above.

Yea, you hit me twice iirc. Came in with like 839218310 other attackers as I was just about to cross 1300. Ended up losing about 150 pts and called it a tourny lol.

Hope the points helped! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When you get to what you consider a high score for you, you should shield hop (If you can and possibly use boosts (Iso boosts, don't need to spend too much more if you don't want) to beat those tougher teams. Find a 3* char that you have all covers for and max them out. Better to focus on one player and then move on to the next than to bring everyone up 10 levels at a time. Patch and Punisher are both classic choices for most peoples first max 3*

Unclosed parens...still waiting for post to finish. **** my brain... icon_razz.gif