Doctor's Orders - July 2 - 4 - Season III

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Baghulk ftl
    BAGHULK.. I laughed. Thanks for that. She is pretty terrible. Blue should at least spit out strike tiles whether or not there are other special tiles on the board.

You want your abilities to do something when you use them? Please.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Well I just ate the worst cascade I've ever seen...

L166 Mostorm, L135 CMags and L110ish Doom didn't look like they'd be that hard - until Mostorm and CMags joined forces to do unspeakable things to Punisher. Mag Projectiles cascaded into a red crit which was enough red to fire off Mistress which cascaded into enough purple - including a crit again! - to launch Translocation. Net result, dead Punisher by turn four. Damn near 7000 damage in one turn icon_eek.gif

Doom had somehow managed to scrape up enough black to throw Demons down after all that so I took it as a sign and ran away.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Would really appreciate not getting hit by gipsy or armand 3 times in a row... also... please take them out of my queue because I keep cycling through them every other match...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't news to many of you, but I'm finding Doom to be a nice anti-OBW since I don't have a usable CMags. Even though Doom can't do anything with the purple, he can do decent damage and his blue changes all the other blue to black, which she can't use. Of course, the opposing Doom can use black, but I only use that move when it won't help my opponent.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    altlover85 wrote:
    I'm sure this isn't news to many of you, but I'm finding Doom to be a nice anti-OBW since I don't have a usable CMags. Even though Doom can't do anything with the purple, he can do decent damage and his blue changes all the other blue to black, which she can't use. Of course, the opposing Doom can use black, but I only use that move when it won't help my opponent.
    More importantly, his blue is a nice UDaken killer.
    Use it, watch Udaken slowly die in a corner.

Of course that doesn't make Doom viable in normal PVP, but it's a nice bonus in his own tourney.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    altlover85 wrote:
    More importantly, his blue is a nice UDaken killer.
    Use it, watch Udaken slowly die in a corner.

Of course that doesn't make Doom viable in normal PVP, but it's a nice bonus in his own tourney.
    But then CMags is all sad he's got nothing to play with icon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wonder if there's a team I could put together on my roster with Doom to not be doing the same old stuff. I'm sure it'll end up just being cStorm/mnMags and OBW/Thor or Ares or Wolvie, but it'd be nice.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I wonder if there's a team I could put together on my roster with Doom to not be doing the same old stuff. I'm sure it'll end up just being cStorm/mnMags and OBW/Thor or Ares or Wolvie, but it'd be nice.
    If what's in your signature is up to date, I don't think you've many other options. If you had more green covers on Patch I'd definitely suggest throwing him in but he might be worth a try as he is.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Demons + Strike Tiles + Hulk = Bad Times

So naturally I've got nothing in my nodes but Hulk-flavoured teams icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have found a oddly different yet fun and moderately effective team to run in this tournament.

Doom + mnMags + hood

gather purple to make blue to turn the blue black to summon the demons
    passive steals and red and yellow ap generation abilities

Yes I know not a power team by any means but it adds a new layer onto using MnMags purple in that you want to leave some blue in strategic places so when it becomes black it matches and cascades. All three of mine are a bit underleveled but they went out and had fun today so I thought I would share.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have found a oddly different yet fun and moderately effective team to run in this tournament.

Doom + mnMags + hood

gather purple to make blue to turn the blue black to summon the demons
    passive steals and red and yellow ap generation abilities

Yes I know not a power team by any means but it adds a new layer onto using MnMags purple in that you want to leave some blue in strategic places so when it becomes black it matches and cascades. All three of mine are a bit underleveled but they went out and had fun today so I thought I would share.

I tried the MNM combo but not with Hood. Was so so effective but could see the potential.
    What are your levels? My Doom is 5/2 117(with PVP buff), MNM is 5/4/4 94, and Hood is 3/1/2 78... I'm not sure if that would be enough put together?
  • Unknown
    Options
    doom is also 5/2 ~ 120 in the tourney, mag is cover maxed but only level 70 or so, hood is 4/3/2 at 102.

would love for hood to have 5 in yellow and blue. More doom blue might be helpful but not overwhelmingly so.

I only try to collect purple/blue/black which typically leaves enough of the others on the board for hood to be working denial and the red pile for Mags adds up over time.

As it is now, mags covers red, hood yellow and doom everything else.

and just to reiterate, not a power combo, just something I found fun to play with. Doom still gets knocked around a bit but the other two not so bad. It does get challenging to lay the blues once there are attack tiles all over the board, but I appreciated the extra layer of thought that running this combo injected into each match.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I see that there's nowhere near the activity in this PvP as there was 1.5 days prior to end as in Punisher. There was a lot going on that day... Not so much today. Totally dead out there.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    I see that there's nowhere near the activity in this PvP as there was 1.5 days prior to end as in Punisher. There was a lot going on that day... Not so much today. Totally dead out there.
    People were concentrating on PVP.
    I can't even remember when I was below 300 so far into an event icon_lol.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Does seem that once over 850 or so...there's no one out there. Most node matches are lower point total teams. Definitely seems a bit slower than usual, even though the pve is still in process.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

you were busy locking up t10 in the PVE! So..you have an excuse. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

you were busy locking up t10 in the PVE! So..you have an excuse. icon_e_smile.gif
    Hehe, yeah. So were you, though icon_e_smile.gif
    So I guess S.H.I.E.L.D is better at multitasking icon_lol.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Hehe, yeah. So were you, though icon_e_smile.gif
    So I guess S.H.I.E.L.D is better at multitasking icon_lol.gif

Not at all, lol... just had some extra time between pve refreshes icon_e_smile.gif. Besides, I haven't been grinding pve to grab first, just trying to maintain t10 mainly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My experiences so far whilst putting in a base score.

UYjdRis.jpg?1
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Demons + Strike Tiles + Hulk = Bad Times

So naturally I've got nothing in my nodes but Hulk-flavoured teams icon_lol.gif

Yes. I was actually thinking of taking my max pun out of certain battles in favor of hulk just a deterrent. Doom will place demons, then I use my falcon to increase them just a bit more and watch the magic happen. Hulk will just sit there with his insanely high health.

The only drawback is that hulks anger could cause you to lose some of those demons... guess it would be worth it if I won quick enough