*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• I thought her Red costs 9 AP??? is this a typo or a pre-release nerf?
  • j12601 wrote:
    I think the blue skill should be renamed to Overruled, since it can change the outcome of Punisher's Judgement.

Still looks interesting, though she's already gotten **** thanks to True Healing™, so I guess 5/3/5?

Even non-****, 12 Green AP for depleting a couple enemy colors and a trickle of health isn't a good deal :/
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    eidehua wrote:
    Her blue could be pretty useful against goons. Replacing 3 enemy CD's (if you don't use special tiles yourself) can be quite powerful. Plus, they can't really use that strike tile anyway
    The only problem is the random nature. It probably wouldn't play well with any other tile generating characters on your team.
  • Spoit wrote:
    eidehua wrote:
    Her blue could be pretty useful against goons. Replacing 3 enemy CD's (if you don't use special tiles yourself) can be quite powerful. Plus, they can't really use that strike tile anyway
    The only problem is the random nature. It probably wouldn't play well with any other tile generating characters on your team.

Yeah, you have to plan your group around her. If your opponent is loaded up on special tiles (Daken, all-goon teams), then you want to avoid them, so She-Hulk's blue eats as many enemy tiles as possible. If they aren't, then pairing her with Falcon or Storm and upgrading some weak attack/defense tiles to strikes is the way to go. If both teams are flooding the board with special tiles, her blue is weak; if neither team has special tiles, it's useless.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Spoit wrote:
    eidehua wrote:

Well, if you have countdowns, then you could wait for your countdowns to end before using blue (there will usually always be more goon cd's that can be replaced later). Actually, she hulk has interesting synergy with Cap. Cap can remove immediate threat CD's with his red and blue. Those return ap, which fuels she hulks red and blue. The protect tile Cap leaves isn't as important against goons as well. So you have the tactical decision whether to keep using Cap's abilities, or She hulks (board shake red especially).

Strike tile wise, She would actually increase Udaken's strike tile dmg actually (and would be great at latvarian, like falcon). It would hurt patch/punisher tiles, but there is also conflicts with red as well with this pairing anyways. She would be mostly bad with say Sentry in case sacrifice gets destroyed, but you could always settlement goon cds -> world rupture -> sacrifice -> win.

Protect tile wise, I think converting them to strike would be great against goons. The only one it would hurt really is IW (not like many people have her at a good enough level to even use). Especially say falcon's purple.
    She also works well with other swarm skills like hailstorm.

One of her worst pairing could be with HT, but 2 color conflict there as well.
  • Spoit
    Well, I mean, against goons specifically, even before you get your own tiles out, there'll be a huge mess of the yellow countdowns and the strike tiles from them, which will make getting the tommy guns you actually care about a crapshoot
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Spoit wrote:
    Well, I mean, against goons specifically, even before you get your own tiles out, there'll be a huge mess of the yellow countdowns and the strike tiles from them, which will make getting the tommy guns you actually care about a crapshoot
    I see what you mean. It's still nice to covert their strike tiles though (specifically for muscle). Her green can be quite nice to 0 the ap of goons too, considering goons will only generate colors they use (besides sometimes black), so restarting one of those ap piles is pretty nice.

Compared to Psylockes bewilder, you have a bit more control over it since it's not CD based.
  • Spoit
    eidehua wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    I see what you mean. It's still nice to covert their strike tiles though (specifically for muscle). Her green can be quite nice to 0 the ap of goons too, considering goons will only generate colors they use (besides sometimes black), so restarting one of those ap piles is pretty nice.

Compared to Psylockes bewilder, you have a bit more control over it since it's not CD based.
    That is a good point. Though to be fair, it's hard to come up with a power worse than bewilder. Maybe All tied up icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Feeling rather underwhelmed with She-Hulk. As it stands, as a Red/Green character she pales in comparison to Lazy Thor, and while her Blue looks interesting enough, I'd rather use cMags and gain the ability to one-shot someone with his Translocation. There's certainly nothing about her that would really frighten me if I were to come up against her. If I get her during the PvE, then great, but I'm certainly not going balls to the walls to try to win all 3 covers. She's just not worth it.
  • IceIX wrote:
    The Strike tiles that may not be as powerful, or for shifting Protect tiles into something more damaging. Or for tiles like Hailstorm to become something a bit more powerful. True, she's probably not going to be helping one of Sentry's Strike tiles, but my testing with her so far has shown that the ability has been pretty useful more than situationally.
    -Psylocke has better tiles.
    -BP has better tiles.
    -Punisher has better tiles.
    -Patch has better tiles.
    -Daken already has a good blue.
    -Cap has blue overlap+AI can destroy your own CDs

When you say weaker tiles, I'll have to assume you mean the practice of running 141+141+23 guest character.

Storm works I guess, but then you pretty much lose the ability to rid of enemy tiles since Hailstorm will overwhelm the odds. Plus the red/green overlap. If it would at least prioritize enemy tiles, that would be good.

Spidey can work, but is kinda healing overkill.

Falcon is prolly the best choice, but is also a bit on the defensive side.

But I doubt any of those would be better than just using a non-special tile teamate, I.e. Thor.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    So after looking at the post of her skills I say the obvious build is 5 in blue for sure. The issue comes as to whether or not red and green are 100% correct. Unless green ends up stealing more than 2 colors and heals for more, I'm going to say 5/3/5 as of right now. Also her red currently says 9AP in the game, but lists as 12 here so they are some obvious discrepencies, but if the in game AP costs are correct and with IceIX saying red causes spikes I think 5/3/5 is the best way for her to go, not to mention there are so many better green skills out there. Lvl 4 or 5 green is gonna net you a little bit more health and a bit more AP, but since it's 100% random on what is stolen for AP it may not get you more AP at all, green is just not a skill you can rely on.
  • I'll put her in the IM40/Psylocke class. Nice when buffed, but otherwise meh.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I don't think you steal the ap. just the opponent loses it and you gain health. Unless if I am reading your post wrong.
  • Pats0132 wrote:
    I don't think you steal the ap. just the opponent loses it and you gain health. Unless if I am reading your post wrong.

That's how I read the skill as well. You don't steal the AP, it just vanishes into the ether. It makes her even less useful IMO, as a character that can steal AP and also deal with enemy countdown tiles actually would have some use on some teams.
  • Looks like trash to me. I'm glad they're releasing 3* that I don't have to worry about collecting and leveling so I can continue to focus on better characters.
  • 5/3/5 for me. The 2 things that make barely playable are her health and the pattern she uses to destroy tiles with her red. HT's red is superior since it deals double damage for 1 less match except the first, but he also has almost half her health so it's a decent compromise. Still, her tile shattering pattern is the most interesting here.
    Her blue is mediocre at best and the only thing that saves it is that after Mags is nerfed (and with the OBW nerf) there won't be other great heroes with good blue abilities. Hood's blue is passive so it doesn't count.
    Her green is... weird. I will probably never use it because half the time it won't do anything useful. For 12 green AP I would like to be able to target up to 2 tiles (on level 5) on the board and reduce by 5 AP the color of each tile. If you chose 2 red tiles, then it would cut the red by 10. I think 12 green (and green with red are the most useful colors in the game) to reduce another color by 10, or 2 colors by 5 would be fair. In that case I would bring her health down to 7800 (instead of 8700)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    With the recent Spider-nerf and the upcoming health changes, Settlement looks like the third- or fourth-best active blue skill in the game.

Magnetic Field: #1Bullit_bill_smb_1.PNG, needs a nerf
    Nick Fury's Demolition: just amazing
    Wind Storm: really good, but tied to a weak character
    All Tied Up: garbage now
    Anti-grav device: not useful for healing; still good against CD tiles, but Settlement is probably better

I don't consider Steve or Laken's blues as contenders.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    First post also seems to have the Environmental value at 2 instead of 3.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Lyrian wrote:
    The edited front post states that Power of Attorney costs 12 Red AP, but the in-game cover currently states 9 Red AP as the power cost.

Which is correct?
    Whoops! My mistake. Should be 9, as it is in-game.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    The edited front post states that Power of Attorney costs 12 Red AP, but the in-game cover currently states 9 Red AP as the power cost.

Which is correct?
    Whoops! My mistake. Should be 9, as it is in-game.

Don't worry IceIx, that's not the worst mistake you've done lately, we'll excuse you for this one. icon_e_biggrin.gif