*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I have wished more than once for a single purple/green character. It's weird that many DAs have strong black, purple and green (Venom, Daken, Bullseye), but no one has two actives in green/purple! Would fit so many good teams (LC/Hood for example).
  • do people expect her to be released in the next pve or not till the one after?
  • They tend to go new characters every other PVE lately, so I'd guess next PVE. But that's just a guess. Seeing as how they're getting close to running out of characters that they could do lazy versions of, they may slow down the release schedule a bit.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    She looks like she is there to counter the dakens and other special tile users ( I bet one of her upgrades does countdown tiles)

Also... A decent healer!!!!
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Wow, didn't expect her as a reward for Juggernaut Heroic! And she's a healer! I'm guessing she'll be pretty popular if for no other reason, although her powers look pretty good at this point.
  • They need to realize fancy way to manipulate AP still can't compare to straight up stealing. None of the new ways of situational AP manipulation from Daredevil to She-Hulk compares to Aggressive Recon or Dormammu's Aid, so all that effort is still just wasted with perhaps the exception of Nick Fury, whose ability only steals AP as a side effect.
  • Hrmm... 1140 Base HP.

Doesn't that place her in Lazy Thor 8700 HP territory?
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Hrmm... 1140 Base HP.

Doesn't that place her in Lazy Thor 8700 HP territory?

Yes that's the same base HP as LT
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow!!! tanky/support character that's awsome. She won't do a whole lot of damage looks like, but she is gonna be annoying and she allows you to not have to run a strike tile team to get strike tiles.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any of you numbers people have a guesstimate at what her powers would scale to?
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Health (15): 1140
    Health (141): 8700

Colors (15): Yellow 4 | Blue 11 | Purple 4 | Red 10 | Green 8 | Black 4 | Environmental 3
    Colors (141): Yellow 11 | Blue 67 | Purple 11 | Red 60 | Green 52 | Black 11 | Environmental 3

** Note: Minor colors don't increase evenly. Instead, they end up 10/11/12

Abilities
    Blue 9 AP - Settlement
    She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Replaces up to 2 random Protect, Strike or Attack tiles with Strike tiles distributed between you and the enemy team. The deal is in your favor - Friendly Strike tiles are strength 12 and Enemy Tiles are Strength 7.

Level 2: Increases Friendly Strike Tiles to Strength 1

Green 12 AP - Reprieve
    She-Hulk charges into battle, catching her foes off guard and giving her allies a chance to rest. Reduces one color of the enemies' AP reserves to zero, and then gives allies a burst of 59 health.

Level 2: Also cuts a second AP color by 25% percent.

Red 9 AP - Power of Attorney
    She-Hulk strikes the ground, causing the earth to shift under her enemies' feet. Destroys 10 tiles from the bottom of the board and deals 83 damage to the enemy team. Does not generate AP.

Level 2: Deals 120 damage.
  • Since you ask... (cross-post from another thread)

Okay, so I'm doing so quick guesswork -

1140 health at 15 matches Sentry, so she's another 8700 health champ.

Blue is so situational it seems nearly worthless - I think I'd only ever use it as a specific counter-pick to Lazy Daken, and even then it's 9 AP to *weaken* the enemy's special tiles, not remove them. I mean honestly, compare this with Falcon.

Green seems extremely hard to evaluate off of just two covers - really depends on what the level-ups do. Going by the scaling on Spidey's base heal, I'm guessing roughly 500 health at max, off of one cover? (I know, an impossibility. But first impressions.) So, maybe 1k to 1500 with more? Complete spitballing until we know more about the rest of the covers.

83 damage on red at level 15, compared to 71 on punisher's black - sooo...roughly 1k damage to all members of the enemy team at max, plus tile damage? Plus some pretty sweet board shakeup - I love that it removes tiles specifically from the bottom of the board, where they have the most effect.

Overall, though...she just seems weak. If I need an anti-special tile champ, I'd rather have Falcon, or cMags, or even LazyCap. Actually, LazyCap seems like a really good comparison. She's tanky, which is nice, but red and green are overcrowded colours - her blue needs to be really good to earn her a slot on a team, and it seems by far the weakest ability.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    wow!!! tanky/support character that's awsome. She won't do a whole lot of damage looks like, but she is gonna be annoying and she allows you to not have to run a strike tile team to get strike tiles.

Yup.

What's worse to face than an non-**** God of Mischief? Apparently, in shocking news to no one, the answer is a lawyer.

So, essentially She-Hulk is a character with Lazy Thor level of health, can swap special tiles between teams better than Loki or Moonstone, drains multiple colors of AP from the opposing team while healing her own, and provides a board shakeup ability.

She tanks Blue at 8700 HP, while allowing other powerful tanks to cover her Green and Red (hello Patch!). Both Settlement and Power of Attorney only require 3 matches to execute, and blue is a much easier color to gather than black for Loki's Trickery.

She may not have much on the pure offensive front, but holy tinykitty she is going to be annoying to down on teams.
  • Blue is so situational it seems nearly worthless - I think I'd only ever use it as a specific counter-pick to Lazy Daken, and even then it's 9 AP to *weaken* the enemy's special tiles, not remove them. I mean honestly, compare this with Falcon.
    Agree 100%
    Green seems extremely hard to evaluate off of just two covers - really depends on what the level-ups do. Going by the scaling on Spidey's base heal, I'm guessing roughly 500 health at max, off of one cover? (I know, an impossibility. But first impressions.) So, maybe 1k to 1500 with more? Complete spitballing until we know more about the rest of the covers.
    If additional covers don't increase the base heal, then it will end up being 371 which is the same as Wolverine. The AP deny looks strong, until you realize it is probably be random. So 12 AP to drop to 0 an enemy color that has 0-6 AP and heal 371 (based on what we know so far) damage is definitely not worth the AP. I'd rather spend it on Punisher or even Patch.
    83 damage on red at level 15, compared to 71 on punisher's black - sooo...roughly 1k damage to all members of the enemy team at max, plus tile damage? Plus some pretty sweet board shakeup - I love that it removes tiles specifically from the bottom of the board, where they have the most effect.
    I wonder what pattern will the game follow considering the bottom row has only 8 tiles. Maybe the middle 2 of the second row too? I though it was weak until I saw it deals damage to the entire enemy team. Of course this is bad if they have Hulk. Most likely be her best ability.
    Overall, though...she just seems weak. If I need an anti-special tile champ, I'd rather have Falcon, or cMags, or even LazyCap. Actually, LazyCap seems like a really good comparison. She's tanky, which is nice, but red and green are overcrowded colours - her blue needs to be really good to earn her a slot on a team, and it seems by far the weakest ability.
    What hurts her most is that she is another green/red hero(ine). How many more g/r do we need? If her blue is good, then maybe. If not. I don't think I'll use her often. Then again, 8700 health is great, so who knows. It is very annoying that they keep giving heroes without releasing their full stats in max level.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014

Blue is so situational it seems nearly worthless - I think I'd only ever use it as a specific counter-pick to Lazy Daken, and even then it's 9 AP to *weaken* the enemy's special tiles, not remove them. I mean honestly, compare this with Falcon.
    you are not reading it fully, it takes 2 special tiles off the board, and gives you one of them as a strike tile.
    so if you don't have special tiles on the field it actually gives you one, removing it fully from the enemy
    I'd like to see where this levels up to
  • Lyrian wrote:
    She may not have much on the pure offensive front, but holy tinykitty she is going to be annoying to down on teams.

In other words, she'll perform the same function as her cousin, Hulk... convince people that there are easier targets to pick on than the match that will take forever and a day.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Yup.

What's worse to face than an non-**** God of Mischief? Apparently, in shocking news to no one, the answer is a lawyer.

So, essentially She-Hulk is a character with Lazy Thor level of health, can swap special tiles between teams better than Loki or Moonstone, drains multiple colors of AP from the opposing team while healing her own, and provides a board shakeup ability.

She tanks Blue at 8700 HP, while allowing other powerful tanks to cover her Green and Red (hello Patch!). Both Settlement and Power of Attorney only require 3 matches to execute, and blue is a much easier color to gather than black for Loki's Trickery.

I know right? Taking out OBW or Hood is a huge priority due to how their AP draining can screw you over. But given how they are so frail, it is no big deal. But this? My glob, it will be annoying.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    With the 2 covers we can see, 3 matches for her blue are 1 too many. She is also a contender for the award of the most silly name for her Power of Attorney ability.
  • Blue/green is too hard to extrapolate since we don't know if higher levels drains more colors or removes more tiles. Being able to remove special tiles seem to be an anti-Daken ability but Daken is probably one of the top 5 characters right now so that's fine. It'll also work on Sentry and Nick Fury when you're attacking. From a design point of view this is a solid character. Whether she's useful depends on what her actual numbers are which is too early to guess because none of her abilities seems to follow a standard 'bigger number at higher level' deal.
  • nobody1111 wrote:
    you are not reading it fully, it takes 2 special tiles off the board, and gives you one of them as a strike tile.
    so if you don't have special tiles on the field it actually gives you one, removing it fully from the enemy
    I'd like to see where this levels up to
    If this is how it works, then they need a better explanation. The way I read it, it removes 2 random tiles (not checking to whom they belong) and gives 1 attack tile to each team. If only 1 special tile in on the board when the ability is used, it should give 1 to you and nothing to the opponent.