The Hunt

Comments

• DumDumDugn wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    I'm just pissed that I even played by their stupid system and STILL got jacked. With this stupid system I should be able to retake first with stupid levels of last minute grinding. I couldn't even get 1000 points to retake my bracket.

Hey, I'm curious, was that your second go on those or had you not touched any of them until the end? I was a little surprised that I didn't catch up more quickly at the end, but I think it might be because more people were playing at the end of the event than had been the case previously.
    Savage was virgin before I started with an hour and 4 minutes to go.

Well that's your problem, you waited too long. It takes longer than 1 hr to grind all the repeatables down to 0, which you need for a top 3 finish at the end.
    I played 34 missions in that time. If that's not fast enough, then screw all of this.
  • Yea i got #1 in my first sub-bracket and #1 overall. Didnt place top 50 in any other sub-bracket.
  • Nick-Fury wrote:
    Well that was intense, started playing my missions with 50 minutes left on the clock, and thought I had left it too late half way through, In the end placed first by a single point. I hope they remove the rubber banding after this, it seems a lot of people who clocked in a lot of hours are leaving this event relatively empty handed. Perhaps a compromise next time, have the sub-missions affected by rubber banding, so that casual players can play infrequently and win some tokens, but have points to the main event fixed?

Sub missions rubber banded and main bracket not. Kinda complicated since each mission would technically award different values to separate brackets but actually the same thing I suggested if it could be done properly. This keeps where the same people can't win all submissions but the people grinding most still get the main bracket (the 1 most people care about)
  • I played each repeatable at least 15 times until they were worth nothing.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Managed to time my bracket perfectly. Have gone to sleep #1 almost every night of the tournament. Left the savage lands untouched until an hour before the end (since ending last night in first place and with a cushion), and clawed my way to a top 3 finish with about 10 mins to spare. Kept grinding to give myself a another cushion and thankfully kept it. Even though I figured out a good strategy about midway through the tournament, I still wasn't happy with the implementation of rubberbanding.

Rubberbanding points need to be capped at the high end and the low end. Your points should go into the thousands if you haven't played in days and should never drop to zero. Also, people with the same number of points in the same bracket should NEVER have a different point value for the same stage.

On the bright side, yay punisher!
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Well that's your problem, you waited too long. It takes longer than 1 hr to grind all the repeatables down to 0, which you need for a top 3 finish at the end.

Depends on your team and bracket. I had no problems with getting to top place in 50 minutes, even without grinding repeatables to 0.
  • Shikao wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Depends on your team and bracket. I had no problems with getting to top place in 50 minutes, even without grinding repeatables to 0.

True. Depends how many other people in your bracket understood the rubberbanding system.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I'm okay with how it all turned out. I had a clear strat that I knew should pay dividends and I got top 15 in the end (probably end up 5-7 judging from the last time I looked at my rank before the event timed out). I was top 10 for most of main events, did pretty bad in all the other mini-events tho. I think I placed one top 20, one top 50 and the rest outside of 100 for sure.

Happy with my two Punisher covers and ready to wreck havoc with his red ability auto downing lower life opponents. Rubberbanding can get annoying but once you understand how to make it work for you, winning good prizes are definitely possible, especially in the long run.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    True. Depends how many other people in your bracket understood the rubberbanding system.
    Or wasn't asleep/at work/etc.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    I'm just pissed that I even played by their stupid system and STILL got jacked. With this stupid system I should be able to retake first with stupid levels of last minute grinding. I couldn't even get 1000 points to retake my bracket.

Hey, I'm curious, was that your second go on those or had you not touched any of them until the end? I was a little surprised that I didn't catch up more quickly at the end, but I think it might be because more people were playing at the end of the event than had been the case previously.
    Savage was virgin before I started with an hour and 4 minutes to go.

That depends on multiple factors. I never once wore the repeatables down to zero, but held first place on numerous occasions. I actually started about 20 minutes after Ranzera and also placed top 15 my rank was near 200 at the time. I think if it had been a bit lower I might have finished top 3 (which really tells you all you need to know, don't you think?). I also immediately did the final Florida immediately after Alaska, because I wanted iso but not points (knowing the points would screw my finish). As I've said elsewhere, the system for this tourney was freaky.

They need to find some kind of balance between letting people grind endlessly to run away with things, and making everything but the end irrelevant.
  • Been in the top 10 for almost all of the event. And when I dropped, it wasn't farther than rank 120 or something and I could get back in the top 10 with minimal effort. Well, until yesterday: dropped to about 500 and couldn't get back to the higher ranks. I even didn't play the missions 9 hours before the end and i could only get about 80 points doing the repeatables 1 hour before the event ended though. Now I finished top 100 and got 3 useless covers. All the grinding for nothing, great.
  • Starting 47th in the main for the day, I grinded savage for about...1.5-2 hours? Was usually top 10 after each sub ended, never finished higher than like...150(when I hadn't played for 2 days), usually in the top 600 in subs(I did play just about all of them except for one I think).
    Ended up getting first in my main bracket, the savage missions started from around 50-90 points each, got to the point where they were 15-30 on the repeatables(so like probably less than ten times each in that time).

I think some people were just in much more competitive brackets, same as the PVP events.
  • DAMN THING !

Lost 10 days grinding for nothing !!! I managed to keep 1-10 during the whole thing just to end up being 100 and something, getting Wolverines that I DON'T NEED !

NERD RAGEEEEE !!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

**** system ! **** **** **** ! This was a major turn off for me... I don't think I'll be so excited as I was anymore. Probably gonna start playing Wolf Among Us and just leave this be.
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Those of us that were here for the Heroic Juggernaut event and other events we know the system and due to that we had an unfair advantage.

I see many posts of people complaining that missions were giving 0 points and if you're a new person I can understand why that would make you upset, specially if you don't know that they refill every 1.5-2 hours. New players also did not know that they should be saving The Savage Lands missions till the end.

Except they got rid of the refill timer for this event, points were supposedly entirely dependent on your placement in the main rankings.
  • If it makes you feel better...his green isn't controlled so it can blow up your own tiles once you get the spam going. In case anyone thought it was controlled like me for some reason.
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Those of us that were here for the Heroic Juggernaut event and other events we know the system and due to that we had an unfair advantage.

I see many posts of people complaining that missions were giving 0 points and if you're a new person I can understand why that would make you upset, specially if you don't know that they refill every 1.5-2 hours. New players also did not know that they should be saving The Savage Lands missions till the end.

Except they got rid of the refill timer for this event, points were supposedly entirely dependent on your placement in the main rankings.
    That cannot be right - if no refill timer, events wouldn't grind down to 0.
  • Been in the top 10 for almost all of the event. And when I dropped, it wasn't farther than rank 120 or something and I could get back in the top 10 with minimal effort. Well, until yesterday: dropped to about 500 and couldn't get back to the higher ranks. I even didn't play the missions 9 hours before the end and i could only get about 80 points doing the repeatables 1 hour before the event ended though. Now I finished top 100 and got 3 useless covers. All the grinding for nothing, great.

When you say grinding, do you mean playing the repeatables past the point where you had collected all the awards, or something else?
  • I don't get people saying they got nothing from the event, playing most or all of the subs would have gotten you what, 60+ standard tokens, probably 5-10 heroics, and a few tens of thousands in iso. For pretty minimal effort.

Ending up with *not Punisher* is not the same as ending up with nothing.
  • Sooty wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    From first to somewhere in 51-100 in 8 hours with no missions available. Oh well, I'll get Punisher eventually.

I think in the end, PvE competitions end up broken with or without rubber banding. Like most other competitions in this game, if you can't time a The Hunt for a ending hour push, you're out of luck.

They should just remove placement rewards from PvE. That seems like the only way to fix it.

This x100.
  • Misguided wrote:
    When you say grinding, do you mean playing the repeatables past the point where you had collected all the awards, or something else?

I mean playing the repeatables as long as they were giving me proper points and putting much effort into this event.