The Hunt

Comments

• #13 at 52539 points, and a few missions left but will miss the last hour or so due to anniversary with GF, but does anything interesting happen around one hour into Desolation of Smaug? Movie starts one hour before event end so maybe won't miss much if I take a early toilet break icon_e_wink.gif
  • Pucco wrote:
    Well, i guess the real prize here is all the iso and spidey i collected during event

Correct. There are no loosers in this event. Somebody will get punisher earlier - and only 3 covers - so what. Punisher must be level 100+ to be competitive with other 3* (except Loki) . Iso amount in this event was really huge. And also it was something different then tournaments so great thanks for dev
  • Ranked 1-3 are sitting at 47030-47230
    I'm #4 with 46980 and no missions left worth over 5-7 points.

I understand wanting to keep casuals interest and yes the ISO rewards and tokens were great, but I still just see little to no benefit of an event that discourages play. It was really cool how you could only do so well in so many sub events. That part was great for everyone I think. However the main bracket should not have this rubber banding ****. No game should reward you with more points for playing less.
  • I'm sitting on all missions available for savage land, gonna do them in the last 1.5 hrs
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Going out for brunch, so I finished up the past few >10 point missions I was saving for rubberbanding. I was #1 this morning, I'm in 11th place now, and probably will drop below 15th by the end. Ah well, I've farmed a TON of ISO and tokens from the event.
  • Honestly, if I don't get 1st, I'ma be super salty. I've been pretty much banking on using Punisher on my main team as soon as I can, else be stuck with 2-stars for another month or so. I just don't like playing villians (in any game).

Already did all the missions, hoping on a recharge for the repeatables in the last minute. Hope I don't regret it. I keep thinking of Dom's line in FF, "too soon, junior" (RIP Paul Walker) icon_e_sad.gif
  • I must say grinding for ten days just to run out of points to score really sucks. Top 5 to top 200 in no time lesson learned for playing so much
  • Are ppl.saying something changed on the last day or what? You all make it sound as such... so, what's the deal? No repeatables or something?
  • Are ppl.saying something changed on the last day or what? You all make it sound as such... so, what's the deal? No repeatables or something?
    Rubberbanding sems to have different strengths when points are at 1000 vs 5000 vs 10,000, vs 20,000, etc. I think. Day 1 it was much easier to keep a lead than day 10 from my experience. But it may just be that more people are active now than before.

But it's just scary that someone in rank #300 is still in contention for #1. Previous events didn't have such effects. I think perhaps they underestimated the numbers for 10-day vs previous 5-day events.
  • The fact that I've dropped down from 33rd to 97 in the past two hours, and my points on the missions are still only in the 20-30 range, really kind of upsets me. I've played this event every day since it came out, and I've been consistantly in the top 15. I didn't even want to get to the highest one, I would have been satisfied with the second tier. But now it's starting to look like I'm not even going to get a punisher at all because of this rubber banding system. =/
    Rubberbanding sems to have different strengths when points are at 1000 vs 5000 vs 10,000, vs 20,000, etc. I think. Day 1 it was much easier to keep a lead than day 10 from my experience. But it may just be that more people are active now than before.

But it's just scary that someone in rank #300 is still in contention for #1. Previous events didn't have such effects. I think perhaps they underestimated the numbers for 10-day vs previous 5-day events.

Okay cool, so nothing changed..them.neither does my chosen strategy. Gl everyone...we all prob need it lol.
  • Man, this is crazy! Less than 500 points separating first and 100th place in my bracket.
  • This sucks, I had the #1 spot and now since they aren't letting us keep fighting for points i just get to sit and watch as I drop rankings. they should have left it so we could at least get some points instead of not getting anything. at this point I will not spend anymore money on this game unless they do something to accommodate those who were in the top 50 and could not collect anymore points. I am still upset about them just drastically changing abilities on characters we spent our time and money maxing out just so they can be worthless now....
  • Dephro wrote:
    Man, this is crazy! Less than 500 points separating first and 100th place in my bracket.
    The difference is when rubber-banding causes you to only be able to do missions for 20-30 points and dropping.
  • Dephro wrote:
    Man, this is crazy! Less than 500 points separating first and 100th place in my bracket.
    The crazy thing for me, as someone who's sitting at 1st, is that I'm not even scared of the people ranked #2-#10. I know I can outgrind them if necessary. I'm scared of that which I cannot see--those ranked #11-100.
  • Dephro wrote:

Yeah, I will give it to them that they did indeed make it a nail-biter. They made great rewards.
    My only issue is a *10 day* tournament with the same format as a 90 minute lightning round basically. The 1st 75-95% means nothing and everything is decided in the final minutes / hour of tourney. That's my only issue, feels like 1st 9 days did nearly nothing towards the end goal. An otherwise excellent tourney.
  • It's pretty lame that I ground all week to be in the top now sitting in 50th and all the event points are zeroed out so I cannot achieve a higher rank...
  • It's pretty lame that I ground all week to be in the top now sitting in 50th and all the event points are zeroed out so I cannot achieve a higher rank...
    When you say "zeroed out" do you mean literally worth 0 points?

Yes sir I can't get any more points with one hour and eight mins left... pretty lame.

Some of mine are literally at 0 yes.