Character rankings 6/14 edition: vote now!

1235»

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    icon_e_sad.gif Serves me right for not reading the instructions right the first time! Awaiting the analysis patiently :3
    Pst. You should have totally asked some of the local whales for a fundraiser icon_lol.gif
  • Abralicious
    Abralicious Posts: 56 Match Maker
    vudu3 wrote:
    While I will devour the results thread I don't plan to vote for the simple reason that the vast majority of my 3* characters (and all of my 4* characters) are unusable due to inadequate covers and/or levels. For that reason I would probably over-rate Lazy Thor because I use him so much and I'd rank characters like Panther and Patch almost solely on fighting them in PVP. This doesn't seem like a good way to get an accurate picture of the true rankings. It seems that unless you have everyone maxed (or near-maxed) there's going to be quite a bit of bias and guesswork.

I have no first-hand knowledge of how a maxed GSBW ranks compared to a maxed Human Torch because both of my characters are sitting at around level 50. Any opinions I have on these characters are based on PVP when they're buffed but still at around level 75, fighting them in PVP and PVE where the AI doesn't know how to properly use them, or combing through the forums.

I suppose it's necessary to a point but I wonder if it might be better to have have forum members "apply" and then mischiefmaker only counts their scores if their roster meets a certain criteria. Anyone else feel this way?

Is anyone else going to abstain from voting because they don't feel qualified to accurately rank all the characters?

I had to quote this because it's EXACTLY how I feel. I look forward to the results but I didn't feel right participating!
  • We're sorry, but due to overwhelming response, we've reached SurveyMonkey's free account limit, and no new surveys will be reported. The good news is that this means you'll get writeups a little bit earlier!

has it been a week already?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too am in the long long long 2 - 3* transition phase (seems weird how 2*'s are now on tap [all excluding the Blue OBW that I need], but tricky to get 3*), so didn't put an entry in.

While you could just extract the responses from the overall one, you could do a seperate survey without the 3* covers for people not at the full roster.

Would give more people something to do.

Ten seconds later...

Eh, can't tell if it's a good idea now or a waste of time.

Maybe something a bit more informal or casual - a survey with some extra bits, like some more casual commentary for newer players about how the characters work or who they work best with or something or I dunno.
  • locked wrote:
    :( Serves me right for not reading the instructions right the first time! Awaiting the analysis patiently :3
    Pst. You should have totally asked some of the local whales for a fundraiser icon_lol.gif

I'm sure you could raise 26 bucks on paypal. I'd be glad to give a fiver. Your first rankings were instrumental in getting me going last year. Waaaaay better investment than 2100 iso icon_e_smile.gif
  • We're sorry, but due to overwhelming response, we've reached SurveyMonkey's free account limit, and no new surveys will be reported. The good news is that this means you'll get writeups a little bit earlier!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrHappyface
    MrHappyface Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    We're sorry, but due to overwhelming response, we've reached SurveyMonkey's free account limit, and no new surveys will be reported. The good news is that this means you'll get writeups a little bit earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the limit? 100 responses?
  • how long does this take?
  • It usually takes me about a week to get everything ready, but it's taking a bit longer than usual thanks to the new stuff I'm adding and the volume of data I'm working with. Also, you know, those TaT nodes ain't gonna grind themselves. icon_e_smile.gif

Seriously, though -- I've got the intro ready and I'm hoping the character writeups go a bit more quickly, so...maybe end of this week? Sooner if I get really motivated and/or get scaled out of TaT. icon_razz.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Also, you know, those TaT nodes ain't gonna grind themselves. icon_e_smile.gif
    This. 1,000 times over, this.

We appreciate all that you do for us, mischiefmaker.
  • Marvel Puzzle Quest Character Rankings 5/30

We're sorry, but due to overwhelming response, we've reached SurveyMonkey's free account limit, and no new surveys will be reported. The good news is that this means you'll get writeups a little bit earlier

Guys idont know what than means !
    I wanna know how to vote
    Thanks
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Character Rankings 5/30

We're sorry, but due to overwhelming response, we've reached SurveyMonkey's free account limit, and no new surveys will be reported. The good news is that this means you'll get writeups a little bit earlier

Guys idont know what than means !
    I wanna know how to vote
    Thanks

The vote is closed. You can't vote any more. We are waiting for the write up.
  • atomzed wrote:
    The vote is closed. You can't vote any more. We are waiting for the write up.

Cry. icon_cry.gif I'm late. Again...