Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

Comments

• Had a safe lead in 1st, but then thought what the heck, I'll just take 2nd and complete Spidey now instead of in the Doom event and just take the green IW there. Went into tank mode and got 2nd. Sorry Skylaman.

Lol..so mean. I can see the guy checking his phone after getting out of his car from his after work commute and punching his hand through his window after calmly closing the door upon opening the app.

Also, had I known the ending would be so..mild...I would have gone for top 10. As it is I jumped on with about 25 min left just for the heck of it and got #12 and only off by about 30 points (one match). O well, I needed to finish my wolverine anyhow.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    I went ahead and got IW in this one. I'd rather just get 6-10 for the last spidey I need and let the other people have the 3x cover drops.
    I thought the same, but I'd rather the green over yellow IW.
  • Yessss! I got lucky and landed in the #2 spot this time. Apologies to magickdonut and fiddlesticks who were also trying.
  • Argh. Really need to pay attention to end times now. I thought it was ending at midnight, not 9 pm Eastern, so I didn't attack to reposition. Ended up in top 10. And it would've been so EASY for me to get top 5 :/

Oh well. It just means I have to work harder on the Doom tourney to get a blue and purple.
  • Aggravated. I fought steadily for the last half hour and lost points constantly. No fights available worth more than 15-17 points, then I'd get retaliated for 35. Barely hung on to top 10 and have a yellow cover I don't need.

I've never seen anything like this. I had almost the same exact group of 6 people on my list for hours, with one occasional substitution here or there. I tried doing matches in Avengers vs or Doom to change my opponents. Tried yielding in Vs. nothing worked.

Anybody else have this happen?

Don't get me wrong. It isn't the end of the world or anything, but I've really been trying hard to get more Spidey covers.

My bracket was insane, and I think this may have been part of the issue (at one point near the end, there were 6 above 1100 I think), but it didn't seem to affect anyone else.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Ugh, I also foolishly didn't realize this one ended at 9. Came in top 10, but I actually wanted the IW, as I've already maxed spidey and wolv. Had I pushed earlier I'm close to certain I could have nabbed the spot given all the tanking going on to "avoid" coming in first and the easy bracket.
  • Got my highest ever finish and 3 shiny new wolverine covers!

I know it's a bit of an odd tournament and isn't competative for various reasons )and my complaints made earlier in another thread are still there) but god dammit i feel like I achieved something anyway
  • Misguided wrote:
    Aggravated. I fought steadily for the last half hour and lost points constantly. No fights available worth more than 15-17 points, then I'd get retaliated for 35. Barely hung on to top 10 and have a yellow cover I don't need.

I've never seen anything like this. I had almost the same exact group of 6 people on my list for hours, with one occasional substitution here or there. I tried doing matches in Avengers vs or Doom to change my opponents. Tried yielding in Vs. nothing worked.

Anybody else have this happen?

Don't get me wrong. It isn't the end of the world or anything, but I've really been trying hard to get more Spidey covers.

My bracket was insane, and I think this may have been part of the issue (at one point near the end, there were 6 above 1100 I think), but it didn't seem to affect anyone else.

I had about 12 people on my list the entire time. Like you and 2 others worth a lot. Like 6 that were ok and a few not worth hitting. None if the people on my list were in my bracket. I finished top 5 with 880 or so. You would figure fighting a list of any1 from your bracket would make more sense? Kinda odd for me and you to fight while not competing, to me at least.

On a side note I tried not to hit you but you wrre worth most by far so I had to swing once, kept it to once though icon_e_smile.gif
  • Was in first with 3 mins left prepared to yeild myself into second and got passed. I was 7pts behind first and third was one point behind me. In the end I guess third could not find a fight for less than 7 pts because I held on. Netted 150HP and a purple cover. One more purple to go til max (now 3/5/4). Just need top 10 in doom. Hated destroying the other two covers. For doom I'll aim for 6th if I can. I am sure I will regret passing on the easy IWs once they fix her but until then Spidey will be a real help. Will be interesting to see how the addition of all these Spidey covers to the players will effect matches. Suspect we will need to hone our anti-Spidey strategies.

In my bracket first was low. 700s. That is what happens when everyone wants 2nd I guess.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Was in first with 3 mins left prepared to yeild myself into second and got passed. I was 7pts behind first and third was one point behind me. In the end I guess third could not find a fight for less than 7 pts because I held on. Netted 150HP and a purple cover. One more purple to go til max (now 3/5/4). Just need top 10 in doom. Hated destroying the other two covers. For doom I'll aim for 6th if I can. I am sure I will regret passing on the easy IWs once they fix her but until then Spidey will be a real help. Will be interesting to see how the addition of all these Spidey covers to the players will effect matches. Suspect we will need to hone our anti-Spidey strategies.

In my bracket first was low. 700s. That is what happens when everyone wants 2nd I guess.

Hmmmm. Maybe magneto 3* hogging the blue and stealin spideys mojo
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Was in first with 3 mins left prepared to yeild myself into second and got passed. I was 7pts behind first and third was one point behind me. In the end I guess third could not find a fight for less than 7 pts because I held on. Netted 150HP and a purple cover. One more purple to go til max (now 3/5/4). Just need top 10 in doom. Hated destroying the other two covers. For doom I'll aim for 6th if I can. I am sure I will regret passing on the easy IWs once they fix her but until then Spidey will be a real help. Will be interesting to see how the addition of all these Spidey covers to the players will effect matches. Suspect we will need to hone our anti-Spidey strategies.

Anti-spidey strategy: attack spidey first. Kill fast. The end. Lol.
  • Was watching hobbit. Didnt get attacked once. Finished with 1075 rating and number 1.
  • On a side note I tried not to hit you but you wrre worth most by far so I had to swing once, kept it to once though icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah, you were there off and on, but not consistently. Frozen was there all day. Saw the Ladder earlier in the day. Neither worth any points for me. You weren't the only one that took a swing. Twanbon did too, and some others. Can't really blame you guys if I was worth a ton of points. I think I saw a match worth more than 20 points only once or twice in the last six hours. I feel like I didn't have any kind of chance to compete.
  • Checked out of my iPhone and played on my second 'character' on laptop instead. Took up some of the cover offers and got real lucky to net a couple of red Rag covers. Running him with Daken and Bullseye, never got zapped once. That meant I had a 50 point lead at the top (600 pts only lol) with 15 mins to go. Had a mad dash trying to yield into 2nd. Thankfully, someone else seemingly wanted the IW cover and overtook me though, giving me 2nd place icon_e_smile.gif
  • You gave me 38 or so and closest to ya was 24 so yeah. Lol. Maybe next time we'll get a bracket like dugn
  • oh rofl man totally whiffed on end time. maxed out my spidey tho with the last purple but lol still.
  • Misguided wrote:
    On a side note I tried not to hit you but you wrre worth most by far so I had to swing once, kept it to once though icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah, you were there off and on, but not consistently. Frozen was there all day. Saw the Ladder earlier in the day. Neither worth any points for me. You weren't the only one that took a swing. Twanbon did too, and some others. Can't really blame you guys if I was worth a ton of points. I think I saw a match worth more than 20 points only once or twice in the last six hours. I feel like I didn't have any kind of chance to compete.

Yeah it was a heated battle for 2nd in my bracket, with one guy clearly taking 1st, it was like a real tourney with no tanking. I actually skipped you a few times but at one point you were the only decent points I could see so I had to take one shot. It wasn't in vain, I did get 2nd place which is exactly what I needed to go from 2/4/4 to 3/5/5 icon_e_smile.gif
    On that note, if you see me in the doom tourney feel free to ravage me, I'll just be going for progression rewards and tanking at the end (or maybe going for IW if no one bothers me lol)
  • Anti-spidey strategy: attack spidey first. Kill fast. The end. Lol.

Very subtle icon_e_biggrin.gif. Perhaps some preemptive stuns would be good too.
  • Spoit wrote:
    datKrow wrote:
    #1 in my bracket is at ~1280, and I'm sitting at #2 with... 850. Good thing I'm actually going for Spidey covers. D:
    man what time did you start? I tanked down to the 650s, but my bracket will be a pretty tough 4-way forfeit race to see who will avoid the boobie prize

I never start early because of work and stuff.

Dude at #1 really wanted IW because he went all the way to 1400, so I was safe to go for some hero points at 1k. #3 was at 800. I think I was lucky with my bracket.
  • #1 and #2 kept racing for 2nd spot and i followed them. They always won and lost, points was changing every second. I stayed at 3 because i was too afraid to get IW.

At last seconds of <1 min mark, #1 yielded and placed below me by 1 point lol. I just watched them fight for 2nd spot and i got it