Dark Avengers tourney aka Rag/Daken/Bullseye tourney

17891113

Comments

  • Haha. No worries I don't stress about hits. I just started looking at names last night. Hehe
    I'll prolly grind like crazy the last hour. I'm happy with #1 or 5 or whatever. I accidentally overslept the last finish so as long as I get 1 IW or spidey I'm pretty happy. 3 spiders would be sick though! Haha. Good luck at finish
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I'm nearly 200 points ahead of #2 though, and I'll need to shed those points somehow. Not putting in a tinykitty team though, I don't need to lose THAT many points.

    What is the best strategy for dropping a lot of points? I've been backing out of matches but that eats up health (though less then getting wiped). Agree on tinykitty team - that strategy cost me last time I tried it. It does not look like anyone wants first so I may just stand pat. Have plans tonight and not sure if I'll be back in time for the finish. Would really like that purple spider-man but that is all I need for him (still kicking myself for tossing purple covers in the past).
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    I'm nearly 200 points ahead of #2 though, and I'll need to shed those points somehow. Not putting in a tinykitty team though, I don't need to lose THAT many points.

    What is the best strategy for dropping a lot of points? I've been backing out of matches but that eats up health (though less then getting wiped). Agree on tinykitty team - that strategy cost me last time I tried it. It does not look like anyone wants first so I may just stand pat. Have plans tonight and not sure if I'll be back in time for the finish. Would really like that purple spider-man but that is all I need for him (still kicking myself for tossing purple covers in the past).

    Yield with a tinykitty team... that'll get you down hundreds of points in very little time at all!

    If that's not an option then you have to yield twice (to the lowest point people you can find) then go heal (Spidey, Orig Widow, heal packs) back up. Hint -- use Wolverine (or Daken in this case) because he can heal on his own in one of the HAMMER missions. That way you can swap him out w/ Spidey, heal the other two, then heal him on his own. Tedious, but it's all you've got.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    I'm nearly 200 points ahead of #2 though, and I'll need to shed those points somehow. Not putting in a tinykitty team though, I don't need to lose THAT many points.

    What is the best strategy for dropping a lot of points? I've been backing out of matches but that eats up health (though less then getting wiped). Agree on tinykitty team - that strategy cost me last time I tried it. It does not look like anyone wants first so I may just stand pat. Have plans tonight and not sure if I'll be back in time for the finish. Would really like that purple spider-man but that is all I need for him (still kicking myself for tossing purple covers in the past).

    Yield with a tinykitty team... that'll get you down hundreds of points in very little time at all!

    If that's not an option then you have to yield twice (to the lowest point people you can find) then go heal (Spidey, Orig Widow, heal packs) back up. Hint -- use Wolverine (or Daken in this case) because he can heal on his own in one of the HAMMER missions. That way you can swap him out w/ Spidey, heal the other two, then heal him on his own. Tedious, but it's all you've got.

    Ok, that is pretty much what I have been doing. I think I'll set up some losses with my tinykitty team real fast and then win a low point match with my real team to try to avoid becoming a punching bag. Either that or take an easy first and relax at the end for a change icon_e_smile.gif
  • I feel kinda bad for 3rd in my bracket. 1st and 2nd have the same score so he can't possible get into second right now. I've got a 1 point yeild ready to go too, haha.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Ditto to you Misguided.

    And I apologize to the one dude who I think I took about 200 points off of. Not a forum goer, but he was my punching bag. Can't even find him in matchmaking now... N-something. I stink with names.

    I'm nearly 200 points ahead of #2 though, and I'll need to shed those points somehow. Not putting in a tinykitty team though, I don't need to lose THAT many points.

    Done. Yeah, some dude just hit me three times in a row. I'd think there were easier targets available, but maybe not.
  • Polkio wrote:
    Nick-Fury wrote:
    You are in my bracket Polkio - are you going for 1st or do you need the spiderman covers?

    No, don't need Spidey, I would love to have IW, but I will not play at night so don't know at what place will end this event. Probably Ladder will take #1

    If no-one else wants it? I don't really want it, but don't need Spidey covers either, so would happily oblige lol
  • Ladder, you're one of the only matchups the game will give me, so I keep hoping to hear you want to kill your score, lol.
  • My brackets violent. Haha. We all up in the 700-900 range. I keep getting to 950-970 and getting nailed like 4 times. Non stop action. Lol. Can't wait to finally get me some spideys so I got some heal action. Not enough revive to keep momentum. Forget this 1100 doom. icon_e_smile.gif
  • My brackets violent. Haha. We all up in the 700-900 range. I keep getting to 950-970 and getting nailed like 4 times. Non stop action. Lol. Can't wait to finally get me some spideys so I got some heal action. Not enough revive to keep momentum. Forget this 1100 doom. icon_e_smile.gif

    Well you smacked me, so I smacked you back, lol. Having Spidey is nice. I still only have one blue. Can't wait to get more, which will make it so much easier/more effective. Pairs beautifully with 2* Magneto's purple.
  • Manage to 1400. Officially want to sorry few guys which I constantly attacked ... sorry for that one more time
  • Polkio wrote:
    Manage to 1400. Officially want to sorry few guys which I constantly attacked ... sorry for that one more time

    That's amazing. Wish I could get you on my list so I could....Uhm....congratulate you.

    Seriously, nice job.
  • #1 in my bracket is at ~1280, and I'm sitting at #2 with... 850. Good thing I'm actually going for Spidey covers. D:
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    datKrow wrote:
    #1 in my bracket is at ~1280, and I'm sitting at #2 with... 850. Good thing I'm actually going for Spidey covers. D:
    man what time did you start? I tanked down to the 650s, but my bracket will be a pretty tough 4-way forfeit race to see who will avoid the boobie prize
  • This really sucks. I've been limited to 5-6 people I could attack most of the day, most of whom have way less points than I do. There's no one I can attack without losing significant points on retaliation. At best I can break even on an exchange. And I'm slowly drifting down the leader board. At this point, I'm not sure I can make top 5, which is really frustrating.
  • Ha, I just got matched with the number 2 guy so I decided to mess with him and yielded 30 points to him.

    Not a big deal since there's a 100 point gap between 1,2, and 3. He must be scared though that I'll go for second at the end after all. icon_e_biggrin.gif

    I want IW for Hunt though and already got 2nd place in the first round.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm going to just go and yield some more for a safe top 5, the other top 3 are too close. And I don't want that stupid IW again
  • Had a safe lead in 1st, but then thought what the heck, I'll just take 2nd and complete Spidey now instead of in the Doom event and just take the green IW there. Went into tank mode and got 2nd. Sorry Skylaman.
  • I managed top 5. Perfectly content with that. 2/2/1 spidey now.
  • I went ahead and got IW in this one. I'd rather just get 6-10 for the last spidey I need and let the other people have the 3x cover drops.
Sign In or Register to comment.