Character rankings 6/14 edition: vote now!

Comments

• Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    I was sorely tempted to rank OBW as #2... I ended up putting her #6 instead.
  • This was my top10 IIRC:

1. LT
    2. LD
    3. CMags
    4. Patch
    5. Sentry
    6. Hood
    7. Punisher
    8. Hulk
    9. LC
    10. BP
  • Think I may have given some odd results by putting them in reverse order by mistake.... whoops

It was because they started 1* to 4* going down the page so I started from there and tweaked. Well at least that's my excuse for being careless and not reading it properly icon_e_confused.gif
    If it makes you feel better, there was one other person who also ranked them backwards, who I'm trying to find now. I've deleted your response so you should be able to take the survey again.

Edit: found it! It was locked.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    This was my top10 IIRC:

1. LT
    2. LD
    3. CMags
    4. Patch
    5. Sentry
    6. Hood
    7. Punisher
    8. Hulk
    9. LC
    10. BP

My top 10 is very different from yours. This just makes me more anxious to see the results lol.
  • my ranking are in and was harder than I thought, I'm a mid level player with a couple of 100+ 3* so had to think about characters I'm using now and what I'm building for the future, lookin forward to the results...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Think I may have given some odd results by putting them in reverse order by mistake.... whoops

It was because they started 1* to 4* going down the page so I started from there and tweaked. Well at least that's my excuse for being careless and not reading it properly icon_e_confused.gif
    If it makes you feel better, there was one other person who also ranked them backwards, who I'm trying to find now. I've deleted your response so you should be able to take the survey again.

Edit: found it! It was locked.
    Huh? Sadly I can't look at my results again.
    You can delete my vote and I will revote if I remember my original ranking, or is it not necessary?
    Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • Voted! Thanks mischief for creating n compiling the results.

I chose to start of with the lowest rank (bagspy) and work my way up the usefulness ladder, no issues encountered. I did had to change some placing here n there to refine my votes, but overall an easy voting process.

ObW was my #1, purely for the fact she can carry her own weight agst any 3* team.

I hope demiurge nerf her next (n nt CMag)
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have voted too.

iirc my top 10 were

LT (tank, huge damage potential with AP generation)
    Cmag (low AP moves, cascade potential and good dmg purple)
    Patch (self regen plus fast attack)
    Daken (strike tiles galore and self regen w good finisher)
    Sentry (low AP moves, huge dmg and cascade potential)
    Lazy Cap (my king of PVE. Slow but with blue protect tile out, can solo PVE and sometimes pvp)
    Hulk (huge tank and good cascade potential)
    Hood (best AP stealer)
    Punisher (good utility hero, pair well with any combination)
    OBW (best 2* hero, with irritating AP stealer. Can lengthen when AI has good cascades)

Order may not be correct but this is my top 10. I would have elaborate more but I'm on mobile.
  • I put OBW as #2 as well (behind the obvious fat bloke). Positions 10-15 were trickiest for me as there were some characters in there that I felt should be higher but couldn't justify moving them up.

Once you get into the 1*'s it's tricky because apart from very situationally you're not going to use them, but it's hard not to ignore their positive points in the rankings. I had to put Invisible Woman near the bottom purely because despite having about 5 or 6 covers for her I haven't been able to justify spending any ISO on her for about 2 months.

Sentry is a rare character that would 100% be in my defence team but wouldn't see much offensive action unless teamed with healing options. I ranked him highly because along with Fat Thor he's a massive 'skip' generator and the way things have been going in PvP it's critical to have a good defender in place unless you want to be shielding almost from the start of each event.
  • Wow, 96 responses over the weekend! Some teasers:

- #1 and #2 are very, very close and well ahead of #3. Between them, #1 and #2 got 69 of the 96 #1 votes.
    - #40 and #41 are even closer and even farther away from #39. Between them, they got 90 of the 96 last-place votes.
    - 12 different characters received #1 votes, including at least one from every * tier.
    - 8 different characters received #41 votes, including at least one from every * tier.
    - Some characters are REALLY hard to rank. One received at least one vote at 15 of the top 17 positions, one received at least one vote at 17 of the top 19, and one received at least one vote at 22 of the top 25 positions. But none of those compare to the hardest character to rank, who so far has votes at a whopping 33 different positions!

Reminder that voting closes on Friday, so if you've got an opinion, vote now before it's too late!
  • I wanted to rank by usefulness at their max level (i.e. Modern Storm in a level 50 fight is probably the best character in the game - you just can't use her at higher levels) but that would leave pretty odd looking list. That being said here's my top 10 which is yet another very different list than we've seen.

1. Patch
    2. OBW
    3. Punisher
    4. CMag
    5. Fat face Thor
    6. Ares (a brutal 85 but irrelevant in 3 stars. Was hard to decide if he should be ranked)
    7. L Cap
    8. Hulk
    9. The Hood
    10. Sentry
  • 1 L Thor
    2 Magneto
    3 Sentry
    4 Patch
    5 Hood
    6 Panther
    7 Widow
    8 L Daken
    9 Punisher
    10 L Cap

Have Spiderman down at 16 icon_e_sad.gif
  • I sense lazy thor being #1
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    - 12 different characters received #1 votes, including at least one from every * tier.
    Who the heck ranks a 1* at #1? Are we sure it wasn't someone mixing up OBW and MBW again?
    But none of those compare to the hardest character to rank, who so far has votes at a whopping 33 different positions!
    Nick Fury? It's hard to rank a character that isn't really available yet.
  • I think you'll have to accept that the character below rank 20 people probably just placed in whatever order.

Might get a better sense too if you allowed people to group by rating. Like S tier A tier down to D or F.

TO me the difference between say ranks 5-11 is not much at all. They could all be in the same tier.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Who the heck ranks a 1* at #1? Are we sure it wasn't someone mixing up OBW and MBW again?
    But none of those compare to the hardest character to rank, who so far has votes at a whopping 33 different positions!
    People who weren't paying attention and left the 1*s at the top of the list because of how it was set up?
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Positive. But that's all I'm saying about it until voting closes. icon_e_smile.gif
    vudu3 wrote:
    Nope, I purposely left Fury off because he isn't fully released yet. This is a different guy.
    bonebreak wrote:
    I think you'll have to accept that the character below rank 20 people probably just placed in whatever order.
    My hope is that people put enough thought into it to differentiate between similar ranks, but I have an idea for the writeup that should help mitigate the possibility that they didn't.
  • Wow, 96 responses over the weekend! Some teasers:

- #1 and #2 are very, very close and well ahead of #3. Between them, #1 and #2 got 69 of the 96 #1 votes.
    - #40 and #41 are even closer and even farther away from #39. Between them, they got 90 of the 96 last-place votes.
    - 8 different characters received #41 votes, including at least one from every * tier.
    - Some characters are REALLY hard to rank. One received at least one vote at 15 of the top 17 positions, one received at least one vote at 17 of the top 19, and one received at least one vote at 22 of the top 25 positions. But none of those compare to the hardest character to rank, who so far has votes at a whopping 33 different positions!

Reminder that voting closes on Friday, so if you've got an opinion, vote now before it's too late!

STOP TEASING US!!!! and i think that invisible women has to be the hardest to rank, those of us with 2 star rosters have never even seen her in action at all
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, 96 responses over the weekend! Some teasers:

Cool! Will you be getting opinions about people's rationale for voting?

I will say that I voted according to my play experience. Some characters I voted higher, because they were great during 2* transition. I can imagine if someone is in 1*-2* transition, they may vote other characters differently.

It will be cool to have a compilation of different people's opinions. Maybe invite certain 'celebrity' forummites to give their inputs? Or certain people who has unique choices?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    and i think that invisible women has to be the hardest to rank, those of us with 2 star rosters have never even seen her in action at all
    I am fully transitioned and I still never see her in action: no one runs her and even if someone does, she doesn't do anything... On offense maybe?