Prodigal Sun - Tunderbolts Mountain Impossible Levels

Options
13»

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You can't mess around with Falcon/Wolvie/purple goon: if you don't kill falcon by the time purple goon feeds 12AP, you're going to have a hell of a time punching through damage with all those bird strikes running around.

I wonder if the Loki/falcon bug is intentional or intentionally kept... it would be way too fun on this map.

@Twysta: he appears bugged only with falcon, with other things he's happy to convert unlimited amount of tiles... it was discussed in Bugs section right as falcon made debut.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Managed to clear Sentry IV Patch. OBW and Punisher but Sentry V is GSBW and wolverine....any suggestions of the team to go?
  • Unknown
    Options
    wuming79 wrote:
    Managed to clear Sentry IV Patch. OBW and Punisher but Sentry V is GSBW and wolverine....any suggestions of the team to go?

I beat at lvl 188 them with 85 Moonstone, 115 punisher and 85 aries. Moonstone has heavy damage and will keep hawkeye under control.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think that will be open 2 more missions. Who knows when?
  • Unknown
    Options
    What I noticed last night is that my friends levels aren't scaled accordingly. I have 115 punisher and 105 lazy thor and I have to fight 190+ characters. She has lvl 85s, lots of them, and she fights lvl 95 characters. She doesn't lose and finds it really easy. She's already over taken me in points, she's 10th in her division and she doesn't have Daken. Something is really wrong with this system. Anyway, after a long uphill battle, I've finally cleared all Nodes. I forgot Moonstone buffed is really great.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    26% after 22 hours... I would say that we are not going to get the additional nodes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Key to this level is Lazy Daken... I have him maxed at 141 and was able to clear everything at least once...If you have spare ISO invest it in Daken if you want to succeed in this PVE event...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Even with Daken lvl 141, it is impossible to clear the sub once against lvl 270 characters (Black Panther, Lazy Cap and so on).

Just waiting for a downscale, hoping it will happen. Otherwise I will have to use boosts. Is it what they are expecting us to do ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    26% after 22 hours... I would say that we are not going to get the additional nodes.

I would imagine there is still more storyline in those nodes, they might bump down the requirements to reach it if that's the case.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Even with Daken lvl 141, it is impossible to clear the sub once against lvl 270 characters (Black Panther, Lazy Cap and so on).

Just waiting for a downscale, hoping it will happen. Otherwise I will have to use boosts. Is it what they are expecting us to do ?

Why yes......yes they are....Expecting you to use boosts...
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Arktos. Try hood. He makes BP and cap have fits trying to get all that AP. Yeah youll get wiped if you have a bad cascadr but if you do the level might go down a little.

I guess I was lucky when I did the falcon battle. I went after falcon first and had no issues but I see where that fight could be annoying. Due to the forums I never bothered to try it again.

But yes, the nodes after falcon on the left are cake delicious. Nodes on the right aren't bad at all after the BP nodes. And up the gut I found the wolvie, Grey suit, Hawkeye match to be simpler than the hulk setups. AP feeding goons make things tricky

Huzzah for 45k purple daken!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Any chance for a downscale ?

It happened for the Hulk PvE. I just waited and things went easier after that.

Hood is a good option, that's right. I'll try his later on today if I don't see a downscale.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    Key to this level is Lazy Daken... I have him maxed at 141 and was able to clear everything at least once...If you have spare ISO invest it in Daken if you want to succeed in this PVE event...

Exactly I have barely missed out on Lazy Daken several times now and because of that really don't give 2 rips about this PVE....cause only way going to get anything is with him
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tcourtney wrote:
    Exactly I have barely missed out on Lazy Daken several times now and because of that really don't give 2 rips about this PVE....cause only way going to get anything is with him

Which is funny since the highest progression reward is a Daken cover. Is your Daken strong enough to get stronger?
    I'm @ 41k now and thinking I can still hit 45 by tomorrow - as long as enemies don't get any more deadly than they already are.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Sentry 3 has been my most hated mission so far. I lost 3 or 4 times before saying f it and going in with my old friend Spider-Man. First time I beat it with Daken, Spidey, and Punisher...beat again with Daken, maxed GSBW, and a 115 Patch. That combo made for strike tiles everywhere and multiple Sniper Rifles.

That's the only node that I've had major issues with so far. I keep expecting to have trouble with Falcon and Wolverine, but the AI keeps making weird choices on that node.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sentry 3 has been my most hated mission so far. I lost 3 or 4 times before saying f it and going in with my old friend Spider-Man. First time I beat it with Daken, Spidey, and Punisher...beat again with Daken, maxed GSBW, and a 115 Patch. That combo made for strike tiles everywhere and multiple Sniper Rifles.

That's the only node that I've had major issues with so far. I keep expecting to have trouble with Falcon and Wolverine, but the AI keeps making weird choices on that node.
    Both times doing the falcon/wolvie node they have just endlessly matched blue and yellow against me, stocking up unusable AP. 2nd time the yellows at least buffed those annoying defense tiles, but when they never get enough AP to do anything you have plenty of time to build up for call the storm, etc.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The main trouble I'm having is with the Hulk nodes - especially Daken vs The Hulk. I'm relying on my Daken to get me through these fights, but the strike tiles are triggering Anger every damn turn. I can win, but I lose most of my health doing so.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The main trouble I'm having is with the Hulk nodes - especially Daken vs The Hulk. I'm relying on my Daken to get me through these fights, but the strike tiles are triggering Anger every damn turn. I can win, but I lose most of my health doing so.

Do you have a good cap or patch with 5 red? Cap is particularly good bc you can usually stun first and then you get no anger at all
  • Unknown
    Options

Do you have a good cap or patch with 5 red? Cap is particularly good bc you can usually stun first and then you get no anger at all

Sadly, no. Right now my only real heavy hitters are a 141 LThor and 85 OBW. I've got my LDaken up to 79, but aside from that it's mostly a collection of miscellaneous 85 2*s. On the non-essential nodes I can theoretically replace Daken, but at this scaling I really need his power.