Prodigal Sun - Tunderbolts Mountain Impossible Levels

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    was just looking at the "Defend the Sentry III" node, the one with im/thor/hulk, and it seems that their levels have decreased. Is there a way to decrease their levels? Is d3 showing some pity on me and lower their levels a bit? 190 is still way out of my league though.

If you didn't do anything between the time the levelschanged, then that's likely community scaling. It does go down if everyone is dying on those nodes. It just rarely happens because even with all the complaining about enemies too hard, it is rare for them to be so hard that everyone is dying.

I did lose a couple of games, but managed to clear up the rest of the nodes except that one. Could it be because I'm dying so much? they dropped 10 levels. That's a lot, and I've been reading that Tanking no longer works. Maybe everyone is getting slaughtered in that match up. I hope it goes lower. I hope it drops to level 160, but that's wishful thinking.

Dying still works at lowering level if your scaling is higher than the community scaling. It's just that community scaling is also very high and that's actually the scaling most people are complaining in the first place.

I also noticed not all nodes are synchronized in when they go up or down. That is, while all nodes eventually settle on the level they should have given your scaling, this doesn't happen at the same time. Let's say you've a node at 200 and another at 220, and you did something to increase their levels, you could still see say 220/220, or 200/240 for a while before they settle at 220/240, so I guess this can happen in the reverse direction too.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    You can't mess around with Falcon/Wolvie/purple goon: if you don't kill falcon by the time purple goon feeds 12AP, you're going to have a hell of a time punching through damage with all those bird strikes running around.

Oh gosh, I let this happen and it was harder to dig out of that hole than I had hoped. Redwing getting rid of my strike tiles didn't help, either. Fortunately brought LT along to have Call The Storm cut through those protect files.

This node is a gigantic load of ****. I have repeatedly dashed myself against its unkind rocks due to the promise of some easier nodes behind it, but I'll be damned if I can even get close. Falcon + purple goon is a nasty setup.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You can't mess around with Falcon/Wolvie/purple goon: if you don't kill falcon by the time purple goon feeds 12AP, you're going to have a hell of a time punching through damage with all those bird strikes running around.

Oh you can take your time all right. In mine Falcon got off 2 Purples when talk about SLOW clearing all the bloody protect tiles off the board!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:

Oh you can take your time all right. In mine Falcon got off 2 Purples when talk about SLOW clearing all the bloody protect tiles off the board!

I lost to this node, then beat it, then decided I'm not playing it again for the rest of the sub.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just to help people out with the Wolvie/Falcon node, Loki finally has a use. Easily beat it with a 25 Loki w/ 1 black cover + OBW to help getting black faster with espionage. Then Ares. Build up green/black and then use Trickery>Onslaught to OHKO anyone.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm running ares(125), daken(120), obw(85) and coming up against 120-140's atm. IM,Thor,Hulk I just about beat.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    dragonsroc wrote:
    Just to help people out with the Wolvie/Falcon node, Loki finally has a use. Easily beat it with a 25 Loki w/ 1 black cover + OBW to help getting black faster with espionage. Then Ares. Build up green/black and then use Trickery>Onslaught to OHKO anyone.

That's a good idea, I didn't think of that. I finally beat it using obw, hood, and ares for maximum denial + fast, cheap damage output. Decided not to care about feeding green to Logan as long as Falcon died ASAP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi all,

For those facing 3 x 395 for the 3 set of gate keepers...and any more behind the centre path, your best friend is Punisher. Retribution will solve 40% of the problem. You will need Cmags in case of those pesky CD tiles & his 6k damage 1 hit too. LD is in there to lower health by 3.8k per 5 blue.

Yes, Loki helps against Falcon ..

So push on & don't give up, it may look scary, but deny them certain colors & it is winnable.

The essential nodes with Wolve + Hulk ... i died 2 chars & punisher finish off the last enemy ending with a low 1k hp. Retribution 3 times to win.

NoMistake
  • Unknown
    Options
    so these impossible levels... the top 10 in my bracket consist of two types of players. those with lots of 141's and 85's. and those with 1 cover characters with a max character of ~35. WHAT IS THIS OBVIOUS HACKING/BOTTING/SOMETHING. There is NO way for someone with a 1 cover 30 xwolvie, 29 moonstone and 27 mstorm can grind as many points as the people with 141's that can actually beat these levels. i can only conclude that MMR is seriously messed up and they're fighting lv 5's and never getting scaled, they're botting the first node for 1 point but easy wins, they're hacking, or the conspiracy of dummy accounts to control the points is true. No matter the reason, they should not be in the top 10. Something is wrong, and it's completely unfair to actual players trying to place. 3 of the top 10 are illegitimate. That's 3 players getting the shaft at each reward tier level.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You have to keep in mind, that levels of the enemies are also scaled according to the average level of your roster (at least it seems to be). The people with those small rosters, are probably reaping the rewards of facing level 50-70 teams with a boosted character or two that are actually a higher level. A co-worker of mine just got addicted to the game, and he was facing 45s, when I was facing level 200s. His boosted Moonstone was 80 or so, and he was crushing the nodes. Where I have a max character of 85 (given I have 9 of them), and was struggling to keep up.

This event is killing my fun for the game. I am a pretty addicted player and play a lot. I started just as Daredevil was added, and until this event I was always in the top 20 for every new character. I was still holding top 20 until this sub started... now I'm down to 25 already, thanks to being passed by a bunch of the small level teams. I just finished my first clear, but the grinding I had to do to catch up in the Heroic Osborn event, and four of these non-rubber banding subs, has made it that I am pretty much using everything I have just to win pretty much all of these fights.

I know they need to help the new players out, but I really wish they were helped them by being in a group together.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Are people talking about sub placement or overall placement? Your sub is likely to be won by a guy who just joined this event and is wondering why people are crying about these level 25 guys at his initial scaling level. If someone is in your main bracket with a weak roster then he must have been doing terribly in PvE events in the past which is why he has a lot of extra scaling to burn, because community scaling will definitely catch up at this point no matter how well you managed your scaling if you're in the top 20 overall.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    because community scaling will definitely catch up at this point no matter how well you managed your scaling if you're in the top 20 overall.

Which is now! I don't think I have lost more pve matches in an event that I can remember than I have in the last hour. Matches I have been really trying to win.

I attribute it to locking out patch, that is the main reason I cant beat these x6 my health teams.

But I also don't see how Loki only converts 1/3 of Falcons strike tiles still aka the Ares bug that will never get fixed. Still downed Falcon but couldn't beat the other two.

Levels are only at 220 too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    because community scaling will definitely catch up at this point no matter how well you managed your scaling if you're in the top 20 overall.

Which is now! I don't think I have lost more pve matches in an event that I can remember than I have in the last hour. Matches I have been really trying to win.

I attribute it to locking out patch, that is the main reason I cant beat these x6 my health teams.

But I also don't see how Loki only converts 1/3 of Falcons strike tiles still aka the Ares bug that will never get fixed. Still downed Falcon but couldn't beat the other two.

Levels are only at 220 too.

Daken is more than enough to replace Patch if you got purple to 5. After I hit 45K for the 5th purple, all my fights become way easier even at 395 compared to when they're around 300. If you don't have Daken covered, well, it's not exactly a secret that having the featured character at a high level tends to clean up these events.
  • Unknown
    Options
    At 41k now, need to get to 45k to get the 5th purple, but when I am at 45k wont need to play anymore. Ironic.

45k is going to happen but its not going to be fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What team did you guys used to clear "Defend the Sentry IV"? My lvl is around 230 now. Their dmg is so high I can't withstand a few hits.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    The only team I had problem with was Thor.

GSBW/Wolverine/Hawkeye has power but lacks HP.

Hulk/IM40/Captain/BP has HP but generally lacks power (Captain/BP have only one color to attack with which makes denial actually possible).

They're even pretty generous on the goons this time. The essentials has Wolverine/Hulk with green generator but at least those are lower level, and Wolverine dies relatively quick.

Yea, that Hulk/wolverine is low level, 163 for me, but it's painful. Every time I poke hulk, he gets angry and spams all his green tiles. Wolverine goes down fast, but hulk is a pain. Need to queue up the moves and take him down in one turn.

Finally passed the cap/black panther combo. What a disaster that was. I just want my daken cover and get into the top 100s. Right now I'm rank 6, but once I get daken, I'll probably let that slide because these guys are way too over powered.

The funny thing is that since the Hulk I face has 22000 HP, it takes 1100 HP to trigger Anger so I can spam Magneto's attacks with impunity even with a considerable number of strike tiles out there. Hulk is one of those fight where he's actually much harder if he's high level, but not so high that it makes his Anger irrelevent.

Yeah it's one of the few times my lack of scaling has actually bit me in the **** - my Hulk v Daken node is only level 75 so any basic matches I make are triggering anger. Hulk still has about 5500 so he still takes a fair bit to put down.

First run through I actually lost Ares from about 6900 HP to an anger-fuelled cascade.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    At 41k now, need to get to 45k to get the 5th purple, but when I am at 45k wont need to play anymore. Ironic.

45k is going to happen but its not going to be fun.

Both you and Phantron are right.

After obtaining my 5th purple from the 45k reward today and my 3rd black in H+H from the event last night, Daken went from a meh self-suicidal loner to an outright killing and tanking god. The power jump for him with that 5th purple is almost obscene and makes Chemical Reaction so much more viable to cast.

That said, as you mention, there isn't much else after 45k except to secure Sentry placement covers. I keep looking at the leaderboard waiting to see when the peloton stops chasing so I can stop playing this event and preserve scaling for the next PvE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dragonsroc wrote:

Is your Falcon/Wolverine level 232? What is 25 loki? Lvl 25 Loki? Is your Ares max lvl 85? I used a lvl 65 Loki, lvl 85 OBW and lvl 85 Ares, couldn't take them down....But I did try Loki, Daken classic and OBW and took them out once..the 2nd down, all died..
  • Unknown
    Options
    I tried using Loki. Thought it would be a great idea. Falson got 2 purple moves off, I cast trickery, and only 5 tiles get converted. Still only doing 1 HP of damage and got a group wipe. In the description it doesn't specify how many tiles it converts. Does it cap at 5?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I've found that with loki....... makes him even MORE redunant.
    Looks like there's a limit on 4 or 5 defensive tiles that he can convert - not entirely sure why? - he's already pretty useless.
    Although as far as I can tell there's no limit on strike tiles he can convert.

Could be a bug. I hope it's just a bug... if's working as intended then... shrug2.gif