Prodigal Sun - Tunderbolts Mountain Impossible Levels

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how the levels are being scaled. I'm currently working on Thunderbolts mountain and I can't seem to beat anything. I have a 115 punshier, 85 aries (buffed to 125) and a black widow as my team. Unfortunately the teams I am fighting are lvl 200+. Is the the same for everyone? How do I beat a lvl 204 hulk, modern thor and model 40 iron man? They match for almost 500 and if they get enough tiles, it's a one hit kill. I was so close to getting the Daken, but at the rate this is going, it doesn't look like this is possible. Am I the only one? If people are fighting those levels, what are you teams?

Comments

• You can't beat anything. D3 is trolling you. In fact, they've been trolling everyone for about a month now.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    There are easier enemies behind the gatekeeper fights in the left and right side of the map. If you can beat them using boosts you can access more points by doing the easy nodes multiple times. Don't try to go through the middle path if you are having trouble as there are just more hard fights after that.
  • Yea, I beat Wolverine to the left because D3 has left him broken and weak. Middle is impossible, and I almost beat the Captain america/black panther combo. I'm finding moon stone at lvl 85 (125 buffed) isn't crazy bad with her red. Right now I'm running with moonstone, aries and punisher.

If I skip the middle path and the "Daken vs The Hulk" fight, can I still open up the two events? Or are those going to be released when the required Mayham amount has been accumulated?
  • poomermon
    If I skip the middle path and the "Daken vs The Hulk" fight, can I still open up the two events? Or are those going to be released when the required Mayham amount has been accumulated?

I did all the other nodes and did not unlock the 2 separate nodes on the map. I assume they will be unlocked if we ever collectively get to the mayhem score.
  • What team did you use to beat all the other nodes?
  • poomermon
    What team did you use to beat all the other nodes?

I used mostly Punisher/classic Magneto/Hood team.
  • The only team I had problem with was Thor.

GSBW/Wolverine/Hawkeye has power but lacks HP.

Hulk/IM40/Captain/BP has HP but generally lacks power (Captain/BP have only one color to attack with which makes denial actually possible).

They're even pretty generous on the goons this time. The essentials has Wolverine/Hulk with green generator but at least those are lower level, and Wolverine dies relatively quick.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    I wouldn't call 220 "low level" but that's me
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can't mess around with Falcon/Wolvie/purple goon: if you don't kill falcon by the time purple goon feeds 12AP, you're going to have a hell of a time punching through damage with all those bird strikes running around.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    You can't mess around with Falcon/Wolvie/purple goon: if you don't kill falcon by the time purple goon feeds 12AP, you're going to have a hell of a time punching through damage with all those bird strikes running around.

Oh gosh, I let this happen and it was harder to dig out of that hole than I had hoped. Redwing getting rid of my strike tiles didn't help, either. Fortunately brought LT along to have Call The Storm cut through those protect files.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The only team I had problem with was Thor.

Hulk/IM40/Captain/BP has HP but generally lacks power (Captain/BP have only one color to attack with which makes denial actually possible).

They're even pretty generous on the goons this time. The essentials has Wolverine/Hulk with green generator but at least those are lower level, and Wolverine dies relatively quick.

Yea, that Hulk/wolverine is low level, 163 for me, but it's painful. Every time I poke hulk, he gets angry and spams all his green tiles. Wolverine goes down fast, but hulk is a pain. Need to queue up the moves and take him down in one turn.

Finally passed the cap/black panther combo. What a disaster that was. I just want my daken cover and get into the top 100s. Right now I'm rank 6, but once I get daken, I'll probably let that slide because these guys are way too over powered.
  • You can't mess around with Falcon/Wolvie/purple goon: if you don't kill falcon by the time purple goon feeds 12AP, you're going to have a hell of a time punching through damage with all those bird strikes running around.

I ran with Black Widow, so she supressed the purples quite nicely while I took out falcon fast.
  • Someone at Demiurge forgot to tune the gatekeepers for each difficulty track to the actual difficulty track they actually represent. All of the gatekeepers are tuned to hard mode difficulty at the moment.

For the Cap/BP node, deny red and black at all costs. BP is weak without black and Cap isn't a one-hit downer without his red. Preferably, bring someone who uses the red and black you are denying. Punisher is a great choice here. OBW also works well if either BP/Cap get close to pulling off their game ending moves as well as providing clutch healing to keep going through a battle of attrition.
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    My highest 3 levels are 77, 64, and 43. After defeating the 1st team, the average team levels around 85. The only one I can beat after the first team is the Wolverine-only team in the upper left.

I see what you did there, devs!
  • I played Defend The Sentry III against Iron Man/Thor/Hulk lv.220 and beat it handily with Hood 141/Punisher 141/Lazycap 110

The high AP costs of the enemy makes Hood's passive steal really useful.
    Punisher's green speeds thing along, his black is useful, and his red is great against the hitpoint tanks if you're in an urgent situation.
    Lazycap's red is great in softening up all the targets, and his blue is vital in keeping Hulk's anger in check and defending yourself against the scaled-up match damage.

Hog all the red and yellow and green tiles. Kill lazythor first. And pray to the gods the computer doesn't score a massive cascade.
  • was just looking at the "Defend the Sentry III" node, the one with im/thor/hulk, and it seems that their levels have decreased. Is there a way to decrease their levels? Is d3 showing some pity on me and lower their levels a bit? 190 is still way out of my league though.
  • morgh wrote:
    I wouldn't call 220 "low level" but that's me

220 is low level compared to 395.
  • was just looking at the "Defend the Sentry III" node, the one with im/thor/hulk, and it seems that their levels have decreased. Is there a way to decrease their levels? Is d3 showing some pity on me and lower their levels a bit? 190 is still way out of my league though.

If you didn't do anything between the time the levelschanged, then that's likely community scaling. It does go down if everyone is dying on those nodes. It just rarely happens because even with all the complaining about enemies too hard, it is rare for them to be so hard that everyone is dying.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The only team I had problem with was Thor.

Yea, that Hulk/wolverine is low level, 163 for me, but it's painful. Every time I poke hulk, he gets angry and spams all his green tiles. Wolverine goes down fast, but hulk is a pain. Need to queue up the moves and take him down in one turn.

Finally passed the cap/black panther combo. What a disaster that was. I just want my daken cover and get into the top 100s. Right now I'm rank 6, but once I get daken, I'll probably let that slide because these guys are way too over powered.

The funny thing is that since the Hulk I face has 22000 HP, it takes 1100 HP to trigger Anger so I can spam Magneto's attacks with impunity even with a considerable number of strike tiles out there. Hulk is one of those fight where he's actually much harder if he's high level, but not so high that it makes his Anger irrelevent.
  • Phantron wrote:
    was just looking at the "Defend the Sentry III" node, the one with im/thor/hulk, and it seems that their levels have decreased. Is there a way to decrease their levels? Is d3 showing some pity on me and lower their levels a bit? 190 is still way out of my league though.

If you didn't do anything between the time the levelschanged, then that's likely community scaling. It does go down if everyone is dying on those nodes. It just rarely happens because even with all the complaining about enemies too hard, it is rare for them to be so hard that everyone is dying.

I did lose a couple of games, but managed to clear up the rest of the nodes except that one. Could it be because I'm dying so much? they dropped 10 levels. That's a lot, and I've been reading that Tanking no longer works. Maybe everyone is getting slaughtered in that match up. I hope it goes lower. I hope it drops to level 160, but that's wishful thinking.