Heavy Metal May 23 - May 25 (Season 2)

14567810»

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    I don't think it's a MMR thing for Heavy Metal. Literally everyone has IM40 maxed for some reason.

Its a MMR thing, I have been fighting mono 141 teams from zero-1.1k for weeks.

Don't point at an apple and tell me its a cucumber.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I don't think it's a MMR thing for Heavy Metal. Literally everyone has IM40 maxed for some reason.
    Yeah, but he isn't a threat, not like all these maxed Psyducks we're in the last tourney.
    It sure would be nice to at least limit point losses when being sniped from 500 points below, if there really is no way to go back to being invisible unless within 150 points.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Its a MMR thing, I have been fighting mono 141 teams from zero-1.1k for weeks.

Don't point at an apple and tell me its a cucumber.

Oh you mean the other 2 guys besides the featured? I just assume they're always 141 unless it's OBW. But it used to be if you had higher MMR it's far more likely the featured character is high level and vice versa. In this event I think pretty much everyone had an extremely high level IM40.
  • Yeah my IM40 is one of the lower ones, I think hes 105 buffed so I guess I'm more attractive to hit I dunno. IM40 level doesn't matter to me when I was picking targets.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Is there anyway of getting a 3* cover without having to shield? I haven't been able to get one for the last few events and I had some more time to put into this one but I got attacked over and over. I just gave up in the end. Lotta effort of no decent result.
    If You don't have a strong roster, You will have a hard time in order to stay in top50.

I lost 226pts in the last 4hrs, which put me at #30. Without any more shielding and with playing near the end getting top50 should be doable. Especially with some scarecrows in Your team (Hood, LThor, BP, Hulk, probably maxed Laken)
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Yeah my IM40 is one of the lower ones, I think hes 105 buffed so I guess I'm more attractive to hit I dunno. IM40 level doesn't matter to me when I was picking targets.

My IM was 60 buffed and I think I might as well have Bagman's kick me sign
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Is there anyway of getting a 3* cover without having to shield? I haven't been able to get one for the last few events and I had some more time to put into this one but I got attacked over and over. I just gave up in the end. Lotta effort of no decent result.

So why don't you shield? Well, first you obviously should do some homework to get a rough idea of what kind of placement your score is likely to hold, but you only have to finish top 50 to get a 3* now. Surely that's worth say 150 HP worth of shields if you're reasonably confident in your score? The cover, after all, is worth at least 1250 HP to upgrade directly, and far more if you didn't have that cover already.

Shield isn't something just for the rich and powerful. If you can get even one useful 3*, you should shield. Just make sure you do understand that competition do heat up toward the end so you need to anticipate that too when shielding.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Using Patch/Hulk to shield hop against another Hulk doesn't work.
    Anger procs against the whole enemy team at 5 black and causes enough damage to anger the enemy Hulk even if he's not in front with Berserker Rage.
    Heh, coolbond calls this a "Hulk-off." He actually enjoys them because he's a crazy Swede.
    MikeyMan wrote:
    It'll be doubly fun with Hulk.
    Yep, I'm gonna try out LT + Hulk: Team Annoying Green Death.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Annnd the game crashed while my alliance award was coming through, and I did not get my iso or HP.

Joy.
    Mine crashed when I was reviewing the individual award. Daken popped up and then I lost connection. When it came came I received my alliance awards. Missed out on ISO and hp too. Wth! Now my fatal attraction event says season on it?!?!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easiest bracket I ever had. Shielded at 966 because I was going out to see Godzilla, and won it held for 1st place. Got a lucky shard? No high level players play this game anymore? No idea. I'd gotten brackets where 1100 wasn't even for top 10, and now this?
  • yogi_ wrote:

Depends on your team, but if it's fairly decent, it can definitely be done, takes a lot of effort though.

So as an update, after that fiasco earlier where I couldn't get any points because of whatever bug, I finally was able to score points again. However, I had company over yesterday for a Memorial weekend barbeque/pool party. By the time I logged back in I just did one giant push without shielding to end up wherever. Never shielded. Settled for 16th place with about 850 pts. My first time out of top 10 since before Season 1, thank you d3p for the no-scoring glitch.

So yes, you can get 3* covers without shielding, just need to have thick skin as you push through the last few hours fighting/losing gaining 2 steps forward for every one back.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mizake wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

Depends on your team, but if it's fairly decent, it can definitely be done, takes a lot of effort though.

So as an update, after that fiasco earlier where I couldn't get any points because of whatever bug, I finally was able to score points again. However, I had company over yesterday for a Memorial weekend barbeque/pool party. By the time I logged back in I just did one giant push without shielding to end up wherever. Never shielded. Settled for 16th place with about 850 pts. My first time out of top 10 since before Season 1, thank you d3p for the no-scoring glitch.

So yes, you can get 3* covers without shielding, just need to have thick skin as you push through the last few hours fighting/losing gaining 2 steps forward for every one back.
    You also need a good heaping of luck. Being unshielded at like 900, I've been losing 50 points for every 25 I gained recently
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mizake wrote:
    And if the tourney doesn't end at 6AM for you.

Unless you're The Ladder and don't need sleep.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    scottee wrote:
    Easiest bracket I ever had. Shielded at 966 because I was going out to see Godzilla, and won it held for 1st place. Got a lucky shard? No high level players play this game anymore? No idea. I'd gotten brackets where 1100 wasn't even for top 10, and now this?
    Did you get top 10 in the previous tourney? I have to test a theory someone else crafted - if you miss top 10/3 covers, next time you get a slightly easier bracket.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Did you get top 10 in the previous tourney? I have to test a theory someone else crafted - if you miss top 10/3 covers, next time you get a slightly easier bracket.

I haven't missed top 10 in a while. Though I also haven't been getting all 3 covers the last 5 or 6 tourneys because of alliance turnover. But the ease of the bracket has not seemed to coincide with performance on previous PVP's.