Heavy Metal May 23 - May 25 (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Events where everyone has the featured character maxed tends to be a bloodbath, especially if you don't have it maxed.

Saw you pop up and appears you hung onto top10 Phantron. That was close.

Yeah, was way more stressful than it needed to be, but I really can't justify spending iso on IM40.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I tried to do my +32 hop with max boosts sparing no expense and I lost a match before I even finished down 1 point....what the hell.

I hope every tourney for season 2 awards rags and loki covers. I don't want to compete anymore.
    Yeah... things I learned from this tournament:

Losing net points while shield hopping sucks.
    Losing 2 of the 3 queued up fights while shield hopping sucks.
    Using Patch/Hulk to shield hop against another Hulk doesn't work.
    Anger procs against the whole enemy team at 5 black and causes enough damage to anger the enemy Hulk even if he's not in front with Berserker Rage.

These points may or not be related.

The next tourney with rewards I care about I need to figure out a new strategy now that the climb to 1000 can be hard again. This wasn't a particularly fun experience :s
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    I tried to do my +32 hop with max boosts sparing no expense and I lost a match before I even finished down 1 point....what the hell.

I hope every tourney for season 2 awards rags and loki covers. I don't want to compete anymore.

Anger procs against the whole enemy team at 5 black and causes enough damage to anger the enemy Hulk even if he's not in front.

The next tourney with rewards I care about I need to figure out a new strategy now that the climb to 1000 can be hard again. This wasn't a particularly fun experience :s

I'd think part of the intensity is because Daken cover is awarded. I'd have just settled for a top 25 if Daken wasn't the reward for sure.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Events where everyone has the featured character maxed tends to be a bloodbath, especially if you don't have it maxed.
    Yeah, this daken one will be painful now that they have more covers in the wild

At least there's no freaking desert node
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

Anger procs against the whole enemy team at 5 black and causes enough damage to anger the enemy Hulk even if he's not in front.

With this team there is only 1 viable strategy - skip other Hulks.

Other than this, always hit the most hp first, as Hulk's Anger combined with Strike Tiles makes up for a very powerful AoE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Saw you pop up and appears you hung onto top10 Phantron. That was close.

Yeah, was way more stressful than it needed to be, but I really can't justify spending iso on IM40.

Just do a few levels at a time, especially when he is featured. He is great for pve to feed red and green but I know how you feel as it took me forever to get him to lvl 120 even.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Well that was pretty nuts went from 12th to 3rd in the last 6 minutes squeezed in three match =) I was watching the leader board for the last hour. Pats123 of django was yoyoing in and out of top 10 he was giving me anxiety just watching lol.
    Pats123 has been having a brutal time of it in recent PVPs. icon_e_sad.gif He gives all of us anxiety.
    Spoit wrote:
    I'm seriously not looking forward to fighting L100+ UDakens throughout this PVP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Well that was pretty nuts went from 12th to 3rd in the last 6 minutes squeezed in three match =) I was watching the leader board for the last hour. Pats123 of django was yoyoing in and out of top 10 he was giving me anxiety just watching lol.
    Pats123 has been having a brutal time of it in recent PVPs. icon_e_sad.gif He gives all of us anxiety.
    Spoit wrote:
    I'm seriously not looking forward to fighting L100+ UDakens throughout this PVP.
    It'll be doubly fun with Hulk.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    With this team there is only 1 viable strategy - skip other Hulks.

Other than this, always hit the most hp first, as Hulk's Anger combined with Strike Tiles makes up for a very powerful AoE.
    Yeah, I learned that the hard way now icon_e_biggrin.gif
    But only after queuing 2/3 teams with Hulk for my emergency hop before going to sleep last night.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Eh for some reason my MMR had a ton of maxed Dakens last time so I expect nothing has changed. I really need to figure out how to lower this MMR **** now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sure the high rollers have their Dakens maxed already, but I doubt it'd be anything like IM40 'everyone maxed him back then because there was no lazy Thor back in the old days'.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Eh for some reason my MMR had a ton of maxed Dakens last time so I expect nothing has changed. I really need to figure out how to lower this MMR **** now.

Lightning Round tanking no longer viable? I was going to tank like a mofo with this week's rounds, it's been a while.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:

Lightning Round tanking no longer viable? I was going to tank like a mofo with this week's rounds, it's been a while.
    Hasn't been working for weeks.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

So losing no longer lowers your MMR? Which part isn't working?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Losing in LRs doesn't affect your 'regular' PVP MMR anymore.
    At least I didn't notice any change even with a full week of tanking every single round.
  • Unknown
    Options
    (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Putting in a tank team has zero effect. I tanked 8 in a row several weeks back no change. Retreating doesn't work. Suiciding your team might but you probably need to do it 100 times to start seeing any difference and that difference is probably minimal and lasts for 3 matches. D3 just sucks the fun out of everything I swear.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    Well ****. I had a better time under Mao.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't think it's a MMR thing for Heavy Metal. Literally everyone has IM40 maxed for some reason.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Is there anyway of getting a 3* cover without having to shield? I haven't been able to get one for the last few events and I had some more time to put into this one but I got attacked over and over. I just gave up in the end. Lotta effort of no decent result.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Putting in a tank team has zero effect. I tanked 8 in a row several weeks back no change. Retreating doesn't work. Suiciding your team might but you probably need to do it 100 times to start seeing any difference and that difference is probably minimal and lasts for 3 matches. D3 just sucks the fun out of everything I swear.

Bob 1: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that your MMR system sucks so bad that players are spending hours losing on purpose to try to get their MMR to the point where they can have any fun playing your game
    Bob 2: So we just went ahead and fixed that system.
    Lumbergh: So, uh, MMR is less frustrating?
    Bob 1: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *system*. So they won't be able to tank anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.
    Bob 2: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

[/office space]