The Hunt

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting a single health pack for completing a mission feels a wee bit like a booby prize...
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    Getting a single health pack for completing a mission feels a wee bit like a booby prize...

I have a feeling they didn't like everyone having 50+ Health packs after the last Red ISO event.
  • I'm sad that Original Widow isn't buffed this time. Still using her to counter enemy countdown tiles though.
  • Bainee wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I have a feeling they didn't like everyone having 50+ Health packs after the last Red ISO event.

It's still a booby prize...

I was down to around 38 though. Back up to 41 so far.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Lost Dingo wrote:
    It is difficult to read on my small phone screen, however I only see hour and minute timers, not days...
    Inside a day huh. Thanks for the info!

There is a mini-tournament (with brackets) with all of the sub-missions. The first one (for me, at least...I assume for everybody), ends in 1 day and 9 hours.

Theoretically, these sub-missions are what's going to be resetting.

Overall, I think this episode is REALLY cool.

Can someone explain these sub missions for those who can't join in until after work?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    ::Looks at bracket::
    Hmm. TheLadder in #1. Looks like I'm not getting first this time around!
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Hah, my brain read that as IM instead of IW. Very nice, I'll have to give it another shot, I managed to get Daken and Yelena down but Venom and his 13k life ended up wiping me out

That was my strategy on my first pass and it ended badly. I went the other way around the second time and took out Venom first, as his Devour hits like a truck at that level (4000-ish). Yelena next because her specials hit in four digits (1460 - 1900 ish) and then Daken because if you can keep his strike tiles under control he doesn't have a 'home run' attack and you can stun and whittle him down.
  • Joy, so I can't even try the final node in Alaska, and since the node before it requires grey suit BW (which I have been completely unable to get a green drop to save my life) I basically have two nodes I can't do.

Leave it to D3 to find a way to make the PvP annoyances in this game cross over onto the PvE portion of the game.
  • adamLmpq wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Ceruleaf wrote:
    Being a former resident of Florida, I did LOL at Stark's comment about shuffleboard and bikinis. Does any one else read the dialog?

The dialogue seems a bit better so far in this set of missions. I do still feel like someone's trying to hit Robert Downey Jr. levels of snark on Iron Man, overshooting, and ending up in Spider-Man's bad jokes territory.

I've had a similar thought since starting this game.
    Come on in the marvel u every one knows the bad joke king is deadpool
  • zhadum wrote:
    Joy, so I can't even try the final node in Alaska, and since the node before it requires grey suit BW (which I have been completely unable to get a green drop to save my life) I basically have two nodes I can't do.

Leave it to D3 to find a way to make the PvP annoyances in this game cross over onto the PvE portion of the game.
    No guests? So basically rich get richer? lol
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Hah, my brain read that as IM instead of IW. Very nice, I'll have to give it another shot, I managed to get Daken and Yelena down but Venom and his 13k life ended up wiping me out

That was my strategy on my first pass and it ended badly. I went the other way around the second time and took out Venom first, as his Devour hits like a truck at that level (4000-ish). Yelena next because her specials hit in four digits (1460 - 1900 ish) and then Daken because if you can keep his strike tiles under control he doesn't have a 'home run' attack and you can stun and whittle him down.

That worked well, it also helped that I got a board filled with blue tiles, was able to get several crit tiles with Magneto (Classic), before I knew it Venom and Yelena were down and I hadn't even matched tiles to let the computer take it's turn
  • zhadum wrote:
    Joy, so I can't even try the final node in Alaska, and since the node before it requires grey suit BW (which I have been completely unable to get a green drop to save my life) I basically have two nodes I can't do.

The rich get richer, and the not-rich get one step closer to deleting the game and going on to something fun.
  • IceIX wrote:
    ::Looks at bracket::
    Hmm. TheLadder in #1. Looks like I'm not getting first this time around!

Lol. Down to 3 now, not sure I'm keen to grind for 10 straight days... expect I will get suckered into it though icon_e_confused.gif
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I am liking the lvl 230's repeatable, high risk and a nice reward for completing it.

I have finished it four times so far and find that my Max LVL IM and Max LVL Spiderman let me do this one without boosts. Spiderman's new passive really comes in handy when your stun lock drops from lack of blue matches.
  • Looks like the super-rubber-banding from Heroic Juggs is in effect again. I joined right away and played the first mission, and at that time the 2nd mission was worth 20. Now, the 2'nd mission is worth 196 for me...
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Twanbon wrote:
    Looks like the super-rubber-banding from Heroic Juggs is in effect again. I joined right away and played the first mission, and at that time the 2nd mission was worth 20. Now, the 2'nd mission is worth 196 for me...
    Yes, but it'll knock itself down again when you go to retry the mission again after a completion. It's not the binary 300/5 points that it was before.
  • We would all need the 3x health packs in order to try and defeat the lvl230 Yelena, Daken, and Venom and move up in the rankings.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Bainee wrote:
    I am liking the lvl 230's repeatable, high risk and a nice reward for completing it.

I have finished it four times so far and find that my Max LVL IM and Max LVL Spiderman let me do this one without boosts. Spiderman's new passive really comes in handy when your stun lock drops from lack of blue matches.

Slow down, you're making it difficult to catch up to you icon_lol.gif
  • zhadum wrote:
    zhadum wrote:

The rich get richer, and the not-rich get one step closer to deleting the game and going on to something fun.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Overly dramatic. The top level rewards for winning a tournament are rarely actually useful. So this is a bonus perk to those who put in the time and effort to win. And it really shouldn't have a massive impact on the overall rankings for this tournament.
  • Will the rubber banding snap your point gain to 0 at some point? I've stopped gaining anything from the repeatable missions. #1 in my bracket (until TheLadder decides it's clobbering time), but only #4 in the base mode and still unable to gain points.

Also, thanks to all for the great info you post here - gotten a lot more enjoyment (and loot) out of the game by lurking and watching you all talk strategy.