*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    There's no rule. We may be up to a longer wait, as Lazy Daken will probably be released first.
  • Rye555
    Rye555 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I bet that the next team comp will be BP , Falcon, and Patch as Black Panther can tank yellow and blue for the lower health Falcon but have different AP cost abilities while Patch can take the other 2 colors. Also BP has 4 enviro AP per match.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm, how about BP/LazyThor/Falcon? All colors covered, LT and BP are both good tankers. Slow for sure...
  • I think they should use the movie poster cover over any of the comics. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anthony_Mackie_as_Falcon.jpg) he just looks way cooler IMO.

My guess is his purple is something like this:

Attack of the Falcons 10AP: Falcon uses his abilty to telepathically communicate with birds to summon a flock of birds to attack his foes. Summons one bird for every 3 AP, each bird attacks individual doing x damage.
    lvl 2: +10% damage each
    lvl3: One bird per 2AP
    lvl 4: +20% damage each
    lvl 5: One bird per AP

I would assume x to be low. But combined it with strike tiles ........OUCH!

His blue will likely be protect tiles maybe something to the affect of thanks to his telepathic connection to birds. Falcon has eyes everywhere. Similar to Bullseye or Spideys purple.

So far all the yellow passives are heal abilities but since that doesn't really fit in with Falcon it will be interesting to see what they do there.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    My guess is one of his abilities will add a multiplier to strike or protect tiles. I think it would be very interesting to have for a support character.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    My own guess .... He's an Environment manipulator.

His Purple would be a more powerful version of mStorm's Mistress of the Elements, with a Stun element. But since it destroys the tiles, it wouldn't be very spammy.
  • Pats0132 wrote:
    My guess is one of his abilities will add a multiplier to strike or protect tiles. I think it would be very interesting to have for a support character.
    IceIX wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    To give an example of something that just got put in (but nothing in-game uses it yet), there is now the ability for tiles to have their strength affected. So a Strike tile could go from 20-25 while in combat.

That sounds like something Falcon would do, which of his skills is it ? icon_razz.gif
    Could get into trouble for leaking info like that. I'm too Yellow to risk it.

Wuh-oh

I wonder if they're going to do a symmetry thing... Yellow boosts strike tiles, Blue boosts protect tiles
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the little drips of information that have come through to us, I'm currently thinking that Falcon + Black Panther + Ragnarok could be a good team.

I picked Rags for his green, as it's consistent board cycle to try and pick up incidental environment matches to fuel BP's Yellow. I think Hulk could also work in this role.
    It would come down to ordering, but BP can tank Blue and Yellow for Falcon, which keeps him nice and protected unless he's picking up Purples. And of course, BP Yellow will synergise with Falcon's mysterious Strike tile manipulator passive.
    My own guess .... He's an Environment manipulator.

His Purple would be a more powerful version of mStorm's Mistress of the Elements, with a Stun element. But since it destroys the tiles, it wouldn't be very spammy.

This would be amazing, and I'd probably pick Hulk over Rags, since Falcon would have an even more consistent environment generator.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
      Brace That Wall! - Blue Passive
      Falcon swoops down and shores up a collapsing structure, preventing damage. Limits tile match damage and enemy AP gain in a cascade to the first 16 tiles in a normal tile match.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Limits tile match damage and enemy AP in a cascade to the first 14 tiles. Level 3: Limits tile match damage and enemy AP in a cascade to the first 12 tiles. Level 4: Falcon deflects the collapse. Beyond the first 10 tiles, damage goes to the enemy team. Level 5: Falcon intercepts enemy supplies. Beyond 8 tiles, AP goes to Falcon's team, damage goes to the enemy team.

This would be a very useful passive. Cascades are my usual downfall. In a Falcon vs Falcon match, both at level 5, with a 32 tile cascade, the tiles would act in 8-tile chunks.
    • I like the idea that he can manipulate environmental tiles....MAYBE...

6 purple
      creates environmental tiles
      level 1 : Creates 6 environmental tiles
      level 2 : Creates 7 environmental tiles
      level 3 : Creates 8 environmental tiles
      level 4 : Creates 9 environmental tiles
      level 5 : Creates 10 environmental tiles
    • I like the idea that he can manipulate environmental tiles....MAYBE...

6 purple
      He goes well with Black panther.
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      All these wild guess skills are gonna be confusing to newbies once the original post gets edited with details.
    • MikeyMan wrote:
      I like the idea that he can manipulate environmental tiles....MAYBE...

6 purple
      He goes well with Black panther.

In the comics, they helped each other out quite a bit. I'm all for cool call-backs like that. Excited about the new character!
    • DayvBang wrote:
      All these wild guess skills are gonna be confusing to newbies once the original post gets edited with details.

They'll only be looking at the first page for skill set though, no confusion there.
    • Phaserhawk
      Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
      why are we hunting The Falcon? Makes it seem like he didn't register for our Superhereo Act!!!
    • Pats0132 wrote:
      Nice idea, but i think we better reserve this kind of skills for hero who has the power enhance abilities. Such as "hope summers" from messiah war.
    • KaioShinDE
      KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
      HIs yellow at level 1 makes Strike tiles 30% stronger everytime your team matches yellow tiles. This guy will join a lot of teams.
    • DirigiblePilot
      DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
      Daaaaaang the Falcon looks interesting. Good synergy with some characters, not-so-good with others.
    • Phaserhawk
      Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
      I'm think right out of the gate 3/5/5. Not quite sure how blue is going to play out
    • 1) Does his yellow compound on itself? So if I make a Y match my strike tile will be at 130%, then another match it will be at 169%, etc?

2) Does the blue activate at the beginning of your turn? I'm assuming from the description it won't activate if there's already a "Redwing" countdown out?