*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    Even if the scenario you described happened 75% of the time I bet you wouldn't have been in that situation with a 5/5/3 to begin with.
    I think you you have it backwards; prevention -> recovery. Blue and purple both prevent health loss from occuring while yellow recovers it. If you prevent damage, you don't need to heal.

Purple doesn't really prevent health loss -- it requires you to lose health to activate it, and the tile removed (if any) may not be damaging.
    It can and that is really it's purpose. IM40's CD gives them AP. Well, that AP will likely cause more damage in some form or another. And of course it requires you to lose health, but so does his yellow to be effective. Also, I believe it can activate mid-combo? Before you get a chance to heal.

My comment wasn't an argument for or against the ability, but I can't see why else you'd want to rid an enemy of a special tile other than to minimize health loss, no matter what the cause. It's very situational, and that's a con, but I think it can still be useful.

As of right now, the meta is dominated by direct damage, Thor and Rags. No one knows how it will develop, but right now, I mainly see it as a hard counter to Doom. Doom's black does more than 10% per turn and his own blue removes blues from the board which makes it harder for Spidey to have stuns available.

Loki also suffers from this issue. He's an answer to a problem that doesn't yet exist. Not many 3-stars use special tiles. Doom and IM40, but Loki can't deal with attack or CDs. Even the 2-stars that use it aren't very popular. Wolvie is getting more use nowadays, but still not as much as Thor.
  • Spidey has a new passive. Similar to Bullseye, except strength is modified based on how many web tiles there are. My lvl 40 Spidey was able to make an 80 strength protect tile with 3 webs on board.

Edit: Decided to upgrade my Spidey to lvl80 and am making 100+ strength protect tiles with ease. This is crazy. I laugh at the 5/5/3 Spideys now.
  • Spidey has a new passive. Similar to Bullseye, except strength is modified based on how many web tiles there are. My lvl 40 Spidey was able to make an 80 strength protect tile with 3 webs on board.

Edit: Decided to upgrade my Spidey to lvl80 and am making 100+ strength protect tiles with ease. This is crazy. I laugh at the 5/5/3 Spideys now.

Where's that? on the PC Version? because the mobile version does not have this
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Mommson wrote:
    Spidey has a new passive. Similar to Bullseye, except strength is modified based on how many web tiles there are. My lvl 40 Spidey was able to make an 80 strength protect tile with 3 webs on board.

It's R43, which is rolling out to everyone as the App Stores push it. Apparently iheart managed to get it slightly before everyone else. icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    Spidey has a new passive. Similar to Bullseye, except strength is modified based on how many web tiles there are. My lvl 40 Spidey was able to make an 80 strength protect tile with 3 webs on board.

It's R43, which is rolling out to everyone as the App Stores push it. Apparently iheart managed to get it slightly before everyone else. icon_razz.gif

Yipie oh Yeah, and I can still go 3/5/5 with Spidey ^^
  • IceIX wrote:
    Mommson wrote:

This could be sick icon_e_smile.gif ... to overpowered spidey . I got 5/4/3 and wanted to spend gold on last yellow but this info could be interesting ...
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got the update notification (Android) and am downloading now. Very interesting. I have a 3/4/2 right now. Was going to go 5/5/3, but now I'll have to re-evaluate.

Info on the new power from the patch notes:
    Spider-Sense - Purple Passive
    (PASSIVE) Spider-Man's senses tingle and he moves to protect his team. If there aren't any friendly Purple Protect tiles, he creates one when his team matches Purple tiles. New Protect tile Strength is based on the number of Web tiles in play.
    Level 2: Creates up to 2 Purple Protect tiles.
    Level 3: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%
    Level 4: Creates up to 3 Purple Protect tiles.
    Level 5: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%
  • so based on patch info it will be max 3 strength tiles on board

I think respecify option is really needed icon_e_smile.gif

EDIT: I messed up with yellow and blue, and I argue later about that. Yellow is first skill so I got 4/5/3 now. At least I can do 4/5/4.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013

...huh?

I just checked my 5/5/3 and his purple description is still the same. He doesn't make protect tiles, just removes enemy special tiles when he takes a 10% damage hit.

I've been running Spidey for a while now (before he had his purple) and I've literally never, ever seen it trigger. It's still totally worthless and only there to boost his level cap.

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb.
  • someguy wrote:

...huh?

I just checked my 5/5/3 and his purple description is still the same. He doesn't make protect tiles, just removes enemy special tiles when he takes a 10% damage hit.

I've been running Spidey for a while now (before he had his purple) and I've literally never, ever seen it trigger. It's still totally worthless and only there to boost his level cap.

Read r43 patch info
  • The scaling of the protct tiles seems crazy: lvl 50 spidey (3 points in purple)

1 web tile: 46 protect
    2 web tiles: 69 protect
  • Take note: The strength of the protect tile depends on the amount of web tiles on the board when the protect tile is made. Adding more or removing them doesn't affect its strength so go ahead and heal.
  • Ok I did a little more testing, here my theory: There is a base value which is level dependant and it is mutiplied by every web tile on the board, in formula:

Strength of Protect Tile = (Number of web tiles on the board + 1) * Base value
  • spidey 128 level 4/5/3
    without web tiles - 51 strenght tile after matching purple, with 3 web tiles 200 something strenght tile after matching purple. I think max I can get is 338.
    Even 150% buffed iron man in double shot tourney can damage me for 1 point by matching tiles. Who want to fight against spidey now icon_e_smile.gif?
    Nice one. Where is respecify button... ?
  • IceIX, Protect Tile strength at max level with no Web Tiles on board, please icon_e_smile.gif
  • Anyone tried him with bullseye?
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2013
    Shikao wrote:
    IceIX, Protect Tile strength at max level with no Web Tiles on board, please icon_e_smile.gif

No tiles = 55
    3 tiles = 223
    4 tiles = 278
    7 tiles = 371
    13 tiles = 371

371 seems like the max for lvl 3 purple skill.
  • Bainee wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    IceIX, Protect Tile strength at max level with no Web Tiles on board, please icon_e_smile.gif

No tiles = 55
    3 tiles = 223
    4 tiles = 278
    7 tiles = 371

At skill rank 3? But I would like to see those at rank 5 icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Shikao wrote:
    Bainee wrote:
    Shikao wrote:

No tiles = 55
    3 tiles = 223
    4 tiles = 278
    7 tiles = 371

At skill rank 3? But I would like to see those at rank 5 icon_e_wink.gif

My guess is 66 or 67. If someone has a lvl 1 we can figure out the base then it is 50% higher.
  • Looks good. Now it makes me even more annoyed that I didn't get a single Spidey reward during iso-8 icon_razz.gif