Double Shot Tourney

Comments

• I also use him as a way to fuel my other characters and as a tank although I'd collected 5 red covers before I knew better. Trying to build a team where their powers don't conflict and they actually benefit each other is not easy. Lol. I find that IM40's yellow ability is awesome for fueling two offensive characters who deal a ton of damage or one big offensive guy and a defender/stunner. icon_e_smile.gif So, all hope is not lost. Lol.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Rags doesn't turn yellows into green currently so usually the board is FULL of yellow. 14 is high, but I get back 36 useable ap. After that its a wrap

What? Mine does...

Are you sure? Check it out. I have yet to see that happen.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Rags doesn't turn yellows into green currently so usually the board is FULL of yellow. 14 is high, but I get back 36 useable ap. After that its a wrap

What? Mine does...

Same here. His red never targets yellow tiles. I was wondering if it was a bug or not.
  • I would love to push for a high progression award, I am especially eyeing that 1000 and 1100 reward. Does anyone think I have any chance at those with only a level 100 IM40 (5/5/3)? I usually run with him an 85 Thor and a 74 (and counting) Hood. I have never pushed for really high progression awards before, so any tips would be helpful (besides playing when everyone else is sleeping).
  • It has much less to do with what you are running than how many other people are pushing.
  • I would love to push for a high progression award, I am especially eyeing that 1000 and 1100 reward. Does anyone think I have any chance at those with only a level 100 IM40 (5/5/3)? I usually run with him an 85 Thor and a 74 (and counting) Hood. I have never pushed for really high progression awards before, so any tips would be helpful (besides playing when everyone else is sleeping).
    I hit 700 earlier tonight with a much weaker team than that. My tips:

1. Skip low points - don't fight anything lower than 25 points when you're not 1st in your bracket, and don't fight anything lower than 15 when you are.
    2. Never retaliate against anyone worth less than 30 points.
    3. Make a big push all at once - if you break it up, there's a greater chance that you'll get retaliated against or just get hit as a big target.

1100 is going to be really hard with a tournament this short (although that's my goal as well). Good luck!
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    I would love to push for a high progression award, I am especially eyeing that 1000 and 1100 reward. Does anyone think I have any chance at those with only a level 100 IM40 (5/5/3)? I usually run with him an 85 Thor and a 74 (and counting) Hood. I have never pushed for really high progression awards before, so any tips would be helpful (besides playing when everyone else is sleeping).
    I hit 700 earlier tonight with a much weaker team than that. My tips:

1. Skip low points - don't fight anything lower than 25 points when you're not 1st in your bracket, and don't fight anything lower than 15 when you are.
    2. Never retaliate against anyone worth less than 30 points.
    3. Make a big push all at once - if you break it up, there's a greater chance that you'll get retaliated against or just get hit as a big target.

1100 is going to be really hard with a tournament this short (although that's my goal as well). Good luck!

And best of luck to you fellow bracket member! I am just starting a push up to 700 now and see you at #2. I will let you know how it goes and here is hoping for a 1 & 2 finish. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    1100 might be a stretch because of the short tournament + during the week. I'm hoping to just get to 1000 and I'm a little worried about it already.
  • Misguided wrote:
    It has much less to do with what you are running than how many other people are pushing.

Yah what Misguided said. I'm having problems finding anyone over 600. Unless there's a decent amount of people at least at 900 or so, it'll be pretty much impossible to get to 1100. I'm #1 in my bracket right now at 650 by about 200 points. Its an easy bracket but it still means very few people are above 600. I can't really play meaningfully until more people do since I'm just going to get retaliated to nothing.

This is why I like lightning rounds icon_cry.gif
  • I want that yellow spidey cover but itsi gonna be nearly impossible to get to 1100.
  • I was able to break 700 fairly easy tonight. 1000 seems like a stretch.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I was able to break 700 fairly easy tonight. 1000 seems like a stretch.

Yeah man. C'mon people start playing this already! Forget your work. Let your bosses and teachers scold you. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • i cant really get above 700 and since #2 is at 550 i dont really see the point. the next good reward is at 1100, so it's a hugely undoable risk to try push that far. i'm in a seriously weak bracket or something this time icon_e_smile.gif just going to take my widows!
  • You don't only fight the people,in your bracket though. There are plenty of opponents hovering in the 600+ range.

If you have a scary team, it's probably possible to push through 900.
  • Sooty wrote:
    Yeah man. C'mon people start playing this already! Forget your work. Let your bosses and teachers scold you. icon_e_biggrin.gif

As a teacher... I approve this message.
  • I finally hit 800, having to fight 10 points at a time. Took a while. I'm thinkin 1k aint happenin.
  • Misguided wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:

What? Mine does...

Same here. His red never targets yellow tiles. I was wondering if it was a bug or not.

I never target yellows. I've noticed that because I'm usually matching 5 yellows after Thunder clap before I match 5 green.
  • Just broke 700. I'd love to make 1100 as well (desperate for blue and yellow Spidey covers), but don't see it happening.
  • yesterday playing 1h and a half until 600
    today playing 1h and a half until 800.
    i hope i will have free time to reach 1000/1100 icon_mrgreen.gif

Anyway as a euro player, it will be the first time, i will play for a placement rewards very interesting icon_mrgreen.gif (instead lightning rounds who are very hard).
  • I'm sitting at 785, and can't find anyone over 3 pts to fight.1000 will be a major stretch.