Top Shot Tournament

Top Shot -- Modern Hawkeye vs Bullseye -- is this weekend's tournament.

200 person brackets, buffed Modern Hawkeye (+80%) and Bullseye (+80%)

Recruit Tokens:
Standard - 3x standard chance of M Hawkeye and Bullseye
Heroic - 3x Heroic chance of same

Rewards:

Rank 1 - Red Wolverine X-Force, 250 ISO, 100 HP
Rank 2 - IM 40 (all 3), 250 ISO, 100 HP
Rank 3-5 - IM 40 (blue/red), 250 ISO, 100 HP
Rank 6-10 - IM40 (red), 250 ISO, 100 HP
Rank 11-25 - Bullseye (2x black, purple), 250 ISO, 50 HP
Rank 26-50 - Bullseye (both), 250 ISO, 50 HP
Rank 51-75 - Bullseye (black), 250 ISO, $(HeroPoints) HP (no, really)
Rank 76-100 - 3x Standard Token, 250 ISO
Rank 101-125 - 2x Standard Token, 250 ISO
Rank 126-150 - 1x Standard Token, 250 ISO
Rank 151-200 - 250 ISO

Progression:
25 - Standard Top Shot Token
50 - 500 ISO
100 - Standard Top Shot Token
175 - 250 ISO
250 - Heroic Top Shot Token
325 - Blue M Hawkeye
400 - 50 HP
500 - 500 ISO
600 - Black Bullseye
700 - 500 ISO
800 - Heroic Top Shot Token
900 - 1000 ISO
1000 - 100 HP
1100 - Red IM 40
1200 - 1000 ISO
1300 - Blue IM 40
1400 - Red Wolverine X-Force

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    Top Shot -- Modern Hawkeye vs Bullseye -- is this weekend's tournament.

Awesome. This is a pretty original tournament finally icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Heroic token with 3 times chance of m. Hawkeye! Does that make it 90%?
  • Progression rewards don't suck... my IM40 is already maxed, so no real interest in the ranking rewards. Interesting that they split 1 vs 2 this time around.

Also there are only two combat targets -- one with M Hawkeye, one with Bullseye.
  • I'm angling for that 5 HP tier. That's 1/5 of a health pack.

Interesting that the buffs are only 80%. Maybe this will be the new norm?
  • Zathrus wrote:
    That is hilarious (and sad).

Do they do any testing on this game?
  • It's odd that's it's Hawkeye vs Hawkeye and Bullseye vs Bullseye, rather than one vs the other.
    I do like these tournaments with characters you wouldn't normally use, it adds a bit of variety.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Zathrus wrote:

I know right, they should only do an event once a month so they can check, double check and even triple check events for minor cosmetic things like this.
  • Weird prize breakdowns. I either need 3-5 or 11-25. Gonna be hard to land where I want.

I actually kinda like that they're giving out Wolvies now. Less stress on me since I don't want him.
  • Weird prize breakdowns. I either need 3-5 or 11-25. Gonna be hard to land where I want.

I actually kinda like that they're giving out Wolvies now. Less stress on me since I don't want him.

The only reason I want a full Wolvie 4-star is for the completionist in me to be sated haha.
  • After playing a few rounds, this 80% buff to bullseye shows where he could become a somewhat viable pick, if only because the increased damage and health makes up for his lack of direct skills.

As I made more progression in the game, I eventually dropped my standard team in favor of more experimentation and findings, and a max level Bullseye was part of my original lineup. He was good for a bit, but he eventually lost his usefulness.

I personally think his current buffed state should actually be his norm (of course without the buffed critical effect). Can't say the same for M. Hawkeye though, since I never bothered leveling him at all.
  • Bainee wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

I know right, they should only do an event once a month so they can check, double check and even triple check events for minor cosmetic things like this.

I would be happy with just check as many of the problems we've seen over the last month would have been avoided with the most basic of testing. The frequency of events is not an excuse for half assed work.
  • I really need that blue IM40 cover, but as always the tournament ends at 5AM for me icon_e_sad.gif
  • That is hilarious (and sad).

What's hilarious is getting upset over what is essentially a typo.
  • So...is a moderately leveled bullseye or hawkeye more annoying? I'm leaning towards using bullseye
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    So...is a moderately leveled bullseye or hawkeye more annoying? I'm leaning towards using bullseye

Oh, Bullseye. No question. For maximum annoyance, also run Wolverine and Daken.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    So...is a moderately leveled bullseye or hawkeye more annoying? I'm leaning towards using bullseye

Bullseye probably. Passives like his and Daken's are annoying and you get decent shield damage
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Oh, Bullseye. No question. For maximum annoyance, also run Wolverine and Daken.

replace wolv with spiderman for maximum annoyance, imo
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah with daken AND wolvie, you'd be liable to run out of red tiles to put them on
  • I can only use the Hawkeye with avoid for this tourney... seeing as I'm reserving the other two archers as cstorm fodder XD
  • I haven't seen so many Storm Classic since long time...almost forgot she used to be so popular.