Hunter (Midnight Suns) 5*****

13»

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,283 Chairperson of the Boards

When I get a spare minute I'll split the feeder conversation and merge it with the thread about the retro rewards. Please keep the discussion going on that thread if so inclined.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
     These threads get so off topic. Wish it was about the character. Played her with R&G and Ultron and it was pretty awesome, but that’s my duo I usually use with OR. Just nice to be able to use Ultron’s red in this combo. 
     Really want to take advantage of her yellow double-tap if I can boost it. Problem is color overlap with the boosters. That cheap black boosting match damage is another way to go in the match damage meta. 
     Who are you guys thinking?  

• Jinx

Well that post formatted strangely

• Jinx

Not too far from ascending Karnak. Maybe once I have him ascended I could team him with Hunter and Banner. Lots of match damage potential and full rainbow. Just nothing to boost green and yellow powers.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

Hunter’s Inspire power is great. It stacks onto other characters match damage So AsKarnak, AsJuggernaut, AsGhost, AsEmma and all the other match damage multipliers get to wreck EVEN MORE faces with match 3/4/5s. Inspire DOES NOT stack onto itself though, so putting 3 Inspire CDs on the field doesn’t do anything.

Hunter’s yellow isn’t particularly strong but is pretty cheap. You’ll fire them off back to back with enough light points.

Off-topic, am I the only person who thinks Hunter should have Lightforce/Darkforce affiliation?

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 359 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2023

@Seph1roth5 said:

Unity Collar:

• Why is it draining blue AP at a 2:1 ratio? You can already get light/dark pts through plain matches, this whole part just seems convoluted, bad, and unnecessary.

I agree with @Seph1roth5. I played around with 5* Hunter and the ratio of 2:1 Blue AP drain is too much. Ideally, we need 10 Blue AP during most battles. That makes it 11 AP (including the Unity Collar cost) plus add on to that the cost of the Yellow or Black powers. That's a lot of AP for not much of a gain.

• Jinx

Thinking she is worth supporting match damage teams as a third option. The yellow multitap is fine, but only if you pair her with a strike tile generator and there are better options for that. Yellow based boosters don’t help. Think I’ll just use her for black. Curious to see what 3* Magik looks like when I get her to 5*. If all of it stack, she and Hunter could be strong support as a duo.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

Shouldn’t she have the midnight suns affiliation?

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

@Jinx said:
    These threads get so off topic. Wish it was about the character. Played her with R&G and Ultron and it was pretty awesome, but that’s my duo I usually use with OR. Just nice to be able to use Ultron’s red in this combo.
    Really want to take advantage of her yellow double-tap if I can boost it. Problem is color overlap with the boosters. That cheap black boosting match damage is another way to go in the match damage meta.

Yeah weird format. But what is Ultron doing that synergizes with her? I got a few big hits out of her cheap yellow in pvp using boosted apocalypse. But that's after getting enough yellow to fight his. Her cheap multihit is a nice idea, but okoye/apoc share important colors!

• Jinx

@Seph1roth5 said:

@Jinx said:

Yeah weird format. But what is Ultron doing that synergizes with her? I got a few big hits out of her cheap yellow in pvp using boosted apocalypse. But that's after getting enough yellow to fight his. Her cheap multihit is a nice idea, but okoye/apoc share important colors!

Just like any multitappers with someone who can boost the hits. Since Ultron got the new support and I ascended G&R, they have become great for boosting damage together without using yellow to do it.

• Jinx

That being said, I think her match damage boost is likely to be the only value she really has.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,564 Chairperson of the Boards

@Jinx said:
    That being said, I think her match damage boost is likely to be the only value she really has.

With enough light-side points, her yellow gets really cheap, and since it deals two hits it's boosted well by Apoc/Okoye/Strike tiles.

She's not great, but I don't think she's useless either.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

The challenge with Yellow being her best is the overlap with almost every other meta team. Apoc/OK/MT all use Yellow better on their team. Maybe she is better suited for newer players? I honestly don't know.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

@Jinx said:

Just like any multitappers with someone who can boost the hits. Since Ultron got the new support and I ascended G&R, they have become great for boosting damage together without using yellow to do it.

Oh so...just swords then lol. Only big boy swords are ascended rocket and wong (who also needs yellow to do it), so I'm not even going to count it lol. Now okoye/apoc have actual damage boosts, but, again, both want yellow too.

You can grasp at straws all you want but I was just zero excited for her when she came out and see nothing I'd want to do with her. She'd be better as a 3/nothing else. There she can play with 3 swords like sentry.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,573 Chairperson of the Boards

Just thought I'd toss this in here now since it is not in the description.

Her yellow power explicitly states that the cost reduction is to a minimum of three. It is not stated on the character description here. So no sneaky tricks with Heimdall.

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor

I am finding her decent in Story mode with Okoye and Doctor Strange. Health is a problem for that team, and her true healing helps a lot. Her yellow two-hitters and purple AOEs go well with Okoye's passive. She also uses purple and black AP which Ok/Strange don't use.

Her light yellow power is the better one because it's much cheaper. Her dark black power is the better one because it true heals. Purple doesn't matter, they're all fine.