Hunter (Midnight Suns) 5*****

Comments

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2023

The inspire passive could be pretty gnarly paired with Juggs or Shang, right? I wonder how it stacks with symbiote goo.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023

I'd like to know what this character does, but I also don't want to lose the time involved in reading the full description.

It's not fair to expect me to choose between having a better grasp of her powers and a finite resource like time.

Should I wait to learn about the character when she releases?

Or should I learn now so I can plan ahead?

Maybe they could set things up so I don't waste any time planning ahead, but still get all the benefits as though I had.

Edit: I don't actually need any of these questions answered. I was simply using the character to display the value of choice, believing it would translate to the retro rewards discussion also happening in this thread.

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 119 Tile Toppler

@Blackstone said:
    I'd like to know what this character does, but I also don't want to lose the time involved in reading the full description.

It's not fair to expect me to choose between having a better grasp of her powers and a finite resource like time.

Maybe they could set things up so I don't waste any time planning ahead, but still get all the benefits as though I had.

She doubles match damage for the first three turns and has raw attack and heal predicated on matching a pair of colors repeatedly (like shang or deathlok)

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023

...but, I'm incredibly excited that this opens the possibility of Marvel's Dracula being added to the game someday! Perhaps a dual-release with his classic 1970s look as 3*, and one of the many modern interpretations as 5*?

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

Am I correct in thinking that dark and light points annihilate each other on a one to one basis? For example, if you have three light points and gain one dark point you end up with two light points.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

Interesting with the switching light and dark powers but I feel she is going to be bouncing back and forth between light and dark points. The 90% increase match damage should be really nice especially with Colossus

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

@dxanders said:

@Blackstone said:

She doubles match damage for the first three turns and has raw attack and heal predicated on matching a pair of colors repeatedly (like shang or deathlok)

...... I was attempting to sarcastically relate this character to the retro rewards conversation that was also happening in this thread.

I thought it was obvious.
    Apologies.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

For all you people liking the 90% match increase, remember the power goes away when you get 2 light or dark. Unless you use the purple to get rid of them all.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@Seph1roth5 said:
    For all you people liking the 90% match increase, remember the power goes away when you get 2 light or dark. Unless you use the purple to get rid of them all.

The match increase comes from the countdown, which shouldn't go away when you get the light or dark points, but you can only place it while you have a neutral amount of points.

• mooken
    mooken Posts: 52 Match Maker

It sounds like you're capped at either end of the spectrum, either 6 Light or 6 Dark. The "Max 6" isn't included as part of the abilities where you gain 1 Light/Dark point after a slash - so just want to ask if 6 Light/Dark is the absolute cap, or just the cap on Light/Dark gain on the Collar.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards

@Marc_Spector said:

...but, I'm incredibly excited that this opens the possibility of Marvel's Dracula being added to the game someday! Perhaps a dual-release with his classic 1970s look as 3*, and one of the many modern interpretations as 5*?

I didn’t play the Firaxis Midnight Suns where I guess this nameless character originated, but the Lilith who was the antagonist for the Midnight Sons comic arc is a different character, the mother of all Demons who is chasing the Darkhold, rather than Dracula’s Daughter.

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 290 Mover and Shaker

@bigjojo04 said:
    Need a phD in Rocket Science to be able to fully understand the capacity of what all her powers do.

Agreed, because my PhD in particle physics isn't helping me here. Should have went with rockets ...

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 90 Match Maker

Just wondering, its Hunter 5* worth fighting for a Retro Cover?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards

So now a fair bunch of players basically have a near fully covered Hunter: is she any good?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023

@DAZ0273 said:
    So now a fair bunch of players basically have a near fully covered Hunter: is she any good?

I'll have no idea until her PVP.
    And even if she is, nobody will notice during Apoc week.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I'll have no idea until her PVP.
    And even if she is, nobody will notice during Apoc week.

It's Apoc week? I guess I didn't play MPQ yesterday to notice...happy weekend!

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker

Who are you guys thinking of pairing her with? Once again, would like to have seen if I could come up with a good team involving her and Wong to play up the affiliation, but as always, the colors are going to overlap with him or anyone else that could boost her light damage.
    So sick of seeing this same scenario over and over again. Constantly creating characters that could be interesting, but making them useless with anyone who could fit thematically or functionally.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

@Jinx said:
    Who are you guys thinking of pairing her with? Once again, would like to have seen if I could come up with a good team involving her and Wong to play up the affiliation, but as always, the colors are going to overlap with him or anyone else that could boost her light damage.
    So sick of seeing this same scenario over and over again. Constantly creating characters that could be interesting, but making them useless with anyone who could fit thematically or functionally.

Elsa works decently. She puts yellow on the field for Hunter’s Quick Slaah and Wing’s WoW, her purple turns green to black for Hunter’s Annihilation, and she’s a supernatural,

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

I love playing her. Cheap abilities that does decent damage. I was lucky to get 4/4/4 so with her boost she's really fun!