• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 January 2024, 06:49
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Mr_F said:

@S0kun said:

@bluewolf said:
    The Discord denizens pointed out the issue and they decided to swap Witch in since that’s what they published.

Probably also because almost everyone said they wouldn’t pull from it with Daken.

So did the forum denizens, but I forgot to reply here as well. :)

[JOKE MODE]
    It DOES mean that I can ask for "RETRO" cover of SW cause I pulled Daken before the swap?
    [/JOKE MODE]

I jokingly said the same when it was first mentioned in Discord! It took longer than expected!

[JOKE MODE]

I only pulled once but put in a ticket anyway and got 12 SW covers.

[/JOKE MODE]

I pulled Wanda but now I want Daken as well (retro pull reward)! Who do I complain to around here?!?!?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,144 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Surely we are calling her Hex-23...or is that just me?

Nope, me too. 🙂

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    I'm liking Weapon Hex. She's fun. Good job on the design

I like her too. She's a bit tricky to use - basically you need to get her Red CD out and then be able to match her colors and/or use Green, but she does massive damage when you do these things.

The fact that the CD consumes 2 Red per turn and, of course, goes away pretty easily is a pretty big drawback. She's pretty good on offense, less so on defense, but also combines well with both strike and protect tile creators.

She's definitely a neat design, I just wish her "Scarlet Storm" had a bit more staying power either due to cost and/or fortification. As it stands you definitely can take advantage of it for one turn, but anything after that is a gamble.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Her red is cool but it's totally unusable against Thor, which makes x-23 pretty much dead on arrival in PvP, even +100 levels. This will be a problem for anybody who relies on putting stuff on the board, going forward.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 01:13
    Options

A 2-4 turn unfortified countdown tile that needs to consume 2 AP every single turn (after the initial 5 spent) just to stay on the board is the definition of fragile- with or without Thor’s presence. I get she’s a hard counter to a lot of stuff, but this particular power is so fragile that even without Thor, it’s not lasting long. Probably by design.

Like others have said, you cast it as a one-off booster before casting green, and anything additional is icing. So it’s usable against Thor the same way I’d use it against anyone else.