X-23 (Weapon Hex) 5*****

Options

Comments

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited 11 January 2024, 00:23
    Options

Its a far off step, into the current very late game, but 4grocket5 as a partner and using low level AI support can make her a serious powerhouse out of the box (AKA baby champ).

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

How about Nico, Polaris and Hex? Never thought of equipping AI to Polaris, but that would be amazing.

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

@Jinx said:
    How about Nico, Polaris and Hex? Never thought of equipping AI to Polaris, but that would be amazing.

How did that not cross your mind, that was literally my first thought (my second was, wait... Put it on Ultron and he suddenly is very useful)

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

I see a lot of 553 talk but she’s an easy 535 for me.

• Nurielkun
    Nurielkun Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options

@trewiltrewil said:

@Jinx said:

How did that not cross your mind, that was literally my first thought (my second was, wait... Put it on Ultron and he suddenly is very useful)

Polaris is too great with Carol Communicator and free health in PVE ;)

• Jinx
    Options

Loaded Lower AI on Hex and the two supports that heal when you match specials on Polaris and Nico. Don’t have either ascended yet and only 6 covers for Hex and that team is already putting out massive damage. BTW, thinking of going 3/5/5. Red is good at 3, but it doesn’t matter too much because the CD is hard to keep on the board.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 January 2024, 18:15
    Options

@Nurielkun said:

@trewiltrewil said:

@Jinx said:

If Polaris is making matches in PvE you are doing it wrong ;)

Carols Communicator should be on BrB or Grocket (whomever of those 2 is supplying the SAP tiles) who should tank.

KGB

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options

If Polaris is making matches in PvE you are doing it wrong ;)

Carols Communicator should be on BrB or Grocket (whomever of those 2 is supplying the SAP tiles) who should tank.

KGB

Agreed. Low level AI can be on her and it still works even if she isn't the one making the match. As long as she's alive, the support works.

• Jinx
    Options

Wanted the healering ones on the other two. Hex heals herself.

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

@Nurielkun said:

@trewiltrewil said:

@Jinx said:

Which is why I run kitty, Ultron , Polaris now....

• Nurielkun
    Nurielkun Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited 12 January 2024, 08:40
    Options

@trewiltrewil said:

Which is why I run kitty, Ultron , Polaris now....

I like BRB, KK and Polaris as my "safe" team, but I gues I have to favorite Ultron now...

OTOH: I kind of dislike the name of the character. Why X-23 (Weapon Hex) instead of Weapon X (Infinity Warps)? She is amalgamation of Scarlet Witch and All-New Wolverine, Wanda "part" is as important as Laura's. That way we could play a team of Scarlet Witch, X-23 (4*) and Weapon Hex ;)

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Nurielkun said:

OTOH: I kind of dislike the name of the character. Why X-23 (Weapon Hex) instead of Weapon X (Infinity Warps)? She is amalgamation of Scarlet Witch and All-New Wolverine, Wanda "part" is as important as Laura's. That way we could play a team of Scarlet Witch, X-23 (4*) and Weapon Hex ;)

They've changed the way same team lockouts work, you can have multiple characters with the same name on your team these days. For example, 5* Wolverine (Samurai Daken) can be used with other Wolverines.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,509 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Nurielkun said:

They've changed the way same team lockouts work, you can have multiple characters with the same name on your team these days. For example, 5* Wolverine (Samurai Daken) can be used with other Wolverines.

Sure, but that's largely because Samurai Daken counts as Daken rather than Wolverine. He's named Wolverine, but doesn't conflict with any, just Daken. Similarly speaking both Jane Thors count as a different character than Odin's son despite the fact that they're all named "Thor."

The weird thing is that you can roster Anti-Venom with any Venom **except ** Eddie Brock.

If I had to guess the characters have two name tags in the code, and neither of them have to be the display name. So for instance you may have "JaneThor" and "OdinSon" and maybe they use the other slot and maybe they don't, in this case it doesn't matter. For the symbiotes they probably have something like "VenomSymbiote" and "EddieBrock" and so you can't roster more than one character with the same tags (Venom has both, Anti-Venom just has "EddieBrock" so he doesn't conflict with the other "VenomSymboite" characters.)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,349 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The Kin of Wolverine Legendary store tokens in DPvMPq rewards show that the 3 5s will be OML, Hex-23, and Daken. Not Scarlet Witch as originally announced.

Honestly that is just as fitting canonically, but makes it a complete skip for me.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    The Kin of Wolverine Legendary store tokens in DPvMPq rewards show that the 3 5s will be OML, Hex-23, and Daken. Not Scarlet Witch as originally announced.

Honestly that is just as fitting canonically, but makes it a complete skip for me.

Ugh. Agreed.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,670 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That is not a good change. I do actually need SamDak covers but also don't care about him at all. I would have liked some Wanda champ levels and OML would have been whatever. CP in classics for me.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

I was considering pulling when Wanda was in there. Wasn't a given, but I was thinking about it because I don't plan on pulling LTs again until at least the current 3 rotate out.

Now? Pass.

• MoosePrime
    edited 14 January 2024, 18:03
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I wonder how her green works? Do you have to have 3 opponents to get the full effect or can the fourth blow hit one of the previous characters?

The inclusion of the wording "if possible" makes it seem likely that you'll need 3 active opponents to get both extra hits, and 2 opponents to get one extra hit.

I wonder what happens if the first hit downs the target, does the second primary hit hit the new target? Would you get a second and third hit in that case? Could you take out 4 low health enemies in a wave node with one cast?

@Seph1roth5 said:

Question about her green though. How does it work if there's only 1 enemy left, 2? Most people assume the 3rd and 4th hits need different targets but it's worded in a strange/new way so it could be anything.

I did some limited testing, you can fire Green with less than 3 opponents, the extra hits do not happen. So with 2 opponents, the target takes the initial 2 (as expected) and the other opponent takes the first bonus hit. With only one active opponent, she only does the 2 initial hits, the extra hits are not performed.

I didn't test what happens if one of the 2 initial hits downs the target.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime

Any way to test in a Wave node if she downs an opponent whether the newly arrived enemy counts to be hit or not.

KGB

• MoosePrime
    Options

@KGB said:
    @MoosePrime

Any way to test in a Wave node if she downs an opponent whether the newly arrived enemy counts to be hit or not.

KGB

It should be testable in The Big Enchilada. I'll try it tomorrow.